• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:05

Kickstarter rewards shipping update...YESSS!

Okay, so, did everyone get a chance to download and play The Final Cut this summer?

(If you prioritised beach time and barbecues and ☀️, it’s fine, we ain’t mad. Just disappointed.)

In case you missed the big news, The Final Cut is a free update for all backers, with a ton of

updates, changes and fixes to the whole game. The update is available now from Steam, GOG

and Humble. We were lucky enough to be featured for a whole weekend by both Steam and

GOG, and the response from players and fans has been overwhelmingly positive. Thank you!!!

❤️❤️❤️

With The Final Cut finally out the door, we’re now preparing to (finally) ship the first batch of

game boxes.

Yep. You heard that right. It’s totally happening. This is THAT update. OMG.

Given the scale of this operation — codenamed OPERATION FALLING DREAMS, in case you

wondered — we’ll be shipping boxes in several stages, starting with the $110 tier.

If you backed us at this tier, you should have received an email asking you to confirm your

shipping address. (Again. It’s been a while, people move and change names. It’s a thing that

happens.)

Once we’re reasonably sure we’ve gotten in touch with every backer of this tier, we’ll proceed

with the printing and shipping of a couple of thousand game boxes. EEK!

IF you’re a $110 backer AND you don’t see an email from us today or tomorrow, here are some

things you can do:

1. Check your spam folder; we use MailChimp for mass emails, and sometimes they get caught

by filters

2. Log into BackerKit and make sure your email address on record is correct: 

https://dreamfall.backerkit.com/

3. Send us an email at backers@redthreadgames.com and include your name and the email

you used to back the project, along with the word "HELP!!!", and we’ll be in touch

4. HOWL IN AGONY AT THE WANING MOON

Before performing steps #3 and #4, however, please double-check that you’re a $110 (Boxed

Journeyman Edition) backer. It was ages ago, we totally understand if you don’t remember.

If this isn’t your tier, hold your horses (and your moon-howls): $250-and-up backers, you’re next

(they said ominously). With different boxes and different physical rewards come more logistics

and more things that can go terribly, tragically wrong — which is why we’re taking the time to get

it right.

It’s been four freakin’ years, but it’s really happening. We’re super excited to FINALLY be able to

send you THE FINAL CUT of Dreamfall Chapters. Thanks for keeping the faith and for having

oodles of patience with us: we really appreciate it. We have spent most of our waking hours the

last four years working on or thinking about Dreamfall Chapters and our backers. It’s been a real

trip. We’ll miss it. We’ll miss you. Please keep in touch.

And please let us know if you have any queries or concerns. We’ll do our very best to answer

(in-between all the production work).

PEACE ✌️

Red Thread Games

• Chocobo_sage, khh, Carla and 5 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11158 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:06

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. As I believe Carla mentioned in the previous update thread, I'm out of town at a convention right now, so I haven't really been in a place to post this. And now I'm going to pass out because it's 1AM local time and I need to get up early tomorrow to do it all again. 

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:23

Thanks, Erika.

Why the leap from $110 to $250? There's digital stuff ($150) and Wonkers the Watilla ($200) in between.

#4 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 18:19

Thanks, Erika.

Why the leap from $110 to $250? There's digital stuff ($150) and Wonkers the Watilla ($200) in between.

and from $150 and up it's also signed postcards, right? Right? (just a little nervous I might miss out on those, as they are my only physical reward :blush:)

I am thrilled to hear this is actually happening!

There is no difference between having pledged via paypal or the original kickstarters campaign, is there? I haven't received emails about kickstarter updates in ages. That's not a problem, is it?

I hope they are going to publish more games after DFC :wub:

#5 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7061 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 August 2017 - 18:33

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted. As I believe Carla mentioned in the previous update thread, I'm out of town at a convention right now, so I haven't really been in a place to post this. And now I'm going to pass out because it's 1AM local time and I need to get up early tomorrow to do it all again. 

Thanks for being on the ball Erika, and sorry.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7061 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 August 2017 - 18:34

There is no difference between having pledged via paypal or the original kickstarters campaign, is there? I haven't received emails about kickstarter updates in ages. That's not a problem, is it?

It should be equivalent, and there shouldn't be any problem as far as I know. As long as you're registered in backerkit you could be good, I think.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 19:44

Thanks, Erika.

Indeed. And the digital stuff needs no logistics so they should be able to do the $150 level right now.

And that announcement should say $200 and up, you're right, as they all get the USB stick from there on.

#8 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:55

I don't even know what to say. There are zero details about promised rewards, outfits, French voices, etc.
And still no communication.
So they want to get away with everything by pretending that everything's great. Nice.
I told people to be patient and wait, but it seems that there's almost nothing to wait for. RTG is done talking.
  • MisterMetropolis, Tinez and Minstrum-Squall like this

#9 Quantomas

Quantomas

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 17:21

It may be hard for RTG to accept that they have ruined such a promising project, not necessarily the game which is an achievement but the economic and social prospects.They made some innocent but ill-fated business decisions and faced the choice between either going out of business or taking the money reserved for Kickstarter rewards to pay the wages. They are probably terrified, or in denial, and working as hard as they can to make their next title a success story. Everything has a history and if you are going through an unprecedented shitstorm for proposing a well-meant feature in such a situation, it's doubly hard.

The fans have to learn to see this reality.

BUT I wished Red Thread Games would understand that they have such a loyal fan base that they can reverse this trend. That they can redeem themselves by re-establishing a dialog that is honest and open. That's the best way to secure your future.

#10 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 August 2017 - 19:14

Ah Ah Ah,  :lol:

More information on "presents" physics and on the additional languages.

I can maybe have, again positive thoughts for RTG.  :urgh:

1507425932-signature-rage.png

#11 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 19:40

Have had a little time to ponder and still not certain whether I can fully express what I felt after reading that email.

I'm super pleased there are physical boxes going out. I'm glad there was communication from RTG. But... I felt uncomfortable with the easy, breezy tone. Because that's not the feeling I've had in the last few weeks.

Perhaps four years ago I became unrealistically hopeful about a Kickstarter project and should've known better than to believe that all Kickstarter promises are able to definitely be fulfilled. After all, this project is the only one I've backed so I don't have anything else to compare it to. Or maybe it's my own personal hang-ups because I have issues with silence and what I've personally construed as evasive tactics. I'm not angry but I am disillusioned and sad, something that probably is silly considering my age. It's all just business, right?

Except for quite a while, that's not how it felt for me. Because there was so much communication from RTG. Whether good or bad, RTG was willing to share what was happening. Although maybe once again I'm being unrealistic about what a small company can or can't do.

What am I sure of? That for me, it wouldn't take much to alleviate the sadness. Just a little willingness to address some of the questions that have remained unanswered. Whether the answers are of a positive or negative nature is moot for me. Kind of boils down to my issues with avoidance and silence...

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, Quantomas and 1 other like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#12 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:10

Yes, I forgot about the outfits. They're already shipping out CDs and haven't given us the outfit codes yet?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#13 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:49

The outfits, story PDFs and audiobook have been completed for ages, so they claimed. An interactive graphic novel is specifically in a stretch goal. Where are they, Ragnar? You haven't actually done them at all, have you?

• Chocobo_sage, MisterMetropolis and Mr_Russ like this

#14 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:41

...and thats all with out mentioning The Loremaster and Emmas gallery.

• CosmicD likes this

#15 iamsteve

iamsteve

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:51

...and thats all with out mentioning The Loremaster and Emmas gallery.

i might be wrong, correct me if it is so, it has been years but i remembered them saying these won't be included the game. despite being achieved stretch goals.

... something about Emma not fitting in with the story, ... so no gallery. no Emma ... something like that. can't remember the exact explanation.

#16 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 14:46

i might be wrong, correct me if it is so, it has been years but i remembered them saying these won't be included the game. despite being achieved stretch goals.

I personally don't recall anything being said about the Loremaster goal... at all. But I will admit that, for the most part, I have stopped paying attention to the little that is said. The gallery didn't have to fit into the story imo, Its right there on the corner you could just walk in, look around, leave then carry on.

• Edreamer Jamil and Valiah like this

#17 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 21:02

... something about Emma not fitting in with the story, ... so no gallery. no Emma ... something like that. can't remember the exact explanation.

They never made any sort of announcement about these things not being in the game.

• CosmicD likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#18 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 21 August 2017 - 22:56

They never made any sort of announcement about these things not being in the game.

It was in a reply on Ragnar's Twitter, mid-2016 (which is, I'll admit, a deep cut for the casual backer/observer):

#19 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 23:14

Ah right, that's only about the character Emma being in the game. Emma specifically being in the game or not is neither here nor there as it was never a promise, never an undertaking with money attached to it. This is the very definition of something normal that gets dropped and nobody can complain about that. Nor did anyone, as far as I can tell.

Cutting specific stretch goals is absolutely not on, but at the very least this [redacted] needs to mention it and apologise, even if not for any other reason than breezing over it brings his whole company into disrepute, including other staff members who are not at all responsible. It shows future investors what behaviour they can expect when things don't go to plan. And things never go to plan.

#20 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1789 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 00:22

Ah right, that's only about the character Emma being in the game. Emma specifically being in the game or not is neither here nor there as it was never a promise, never an undertaking with money attached to it. This is the very definition of something normal that gets dropped and nobody can complain about that. Nor did anyone, as far as I can tell.

Cutting specific stretch goals is absolutely not on, but at the very least this [redacted] needs to mention it and apologise, even if not for any other reason than breezing over it brings his whole company into disrepute, including other staff members who are not at all responsible. It shows future investors what behaviour they can expect when things don't go to plan. And things never go to plan.

Well, the stretch goal 'A Richer World' was an Improved sound track (which was done), and In Game Gallery.. which was Emmas Gallery. So it was on there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rewards, shipping, boxes, physical rewards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users