80 replies to this topic

#61 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:51

Also, I hope they're planning to release the final soundtrack with all the new songs soon. The one on GOG says it's The Final Cut soundtrack, but it says it has 48 tracks, which is how many the soundtrack Simon Poole's had on his website for a year has. So, whatever.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#62 WipTheGruik

WipTheGruik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 17:48

I am wondering, the 26/07 update I am seeing on my Humble Bundle account is version 5.1.1 ... and I doubt that is the Final Cut edition.

Can anyone tell me what the Final Cut version is, please ?

#63 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 20:38

5.1.1 is a old version.  Like a year old.  Did they just stop updating the Humble version?

Current version is 5.7.1

edit: can you double check that version?  My humble account says that it was just updated this week.  That should be the Final Cut version. 

#64 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 28 July 2017 - 22:43

Updated on 26th. I went there on 26th I guess just before they made the change so I was able to direct download the old version. The torrent link to it was even invalid! But now it's the new one and there is one seeder for that torrent.

ETA: wrong! See below.

#65 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 28 July 2017 - 23:37

Re Niamh / Neeve: Gaelic would defeat most online translators, I expect.
  • DiskJunky likes this

#66 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 July 2017 - 00:50

Just checked my info. Assumptions will be the death of us! I assumed the updated file info and re-appearance of a lone seeder on the Torrent link meant that the files had been updated. WRONG!

The files you get from Humble are still version 5.1.1. Lookie here:

Attached File  dfc old.png   88.52KB   8 downloads

Downloaded as of 30 minutes ago. Colour me completely unsurprised. RTG seal of quality!

#67 WipTheGruik

WipTheGruik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 14:59

Thank you magic88889 and Happy Tree for yours answers.

On "Final Cut" release date (21/07) Humble Bundle version was still 4.1.1.

Version 5.1.1 was really an update on 26/07...but one year old, what a shame. :(

#68 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:38

Do we have a date for the physical goods yet? I'm waiting for my Wonkers the Wattila USB drive.

#69 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4560 posts
  • Location├ůmot, Norway

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:45

Do we have a date for the physical goods yet? I'm waiting for my Wonkers the Wattila USB drive.

No, that would require RTG to actually communicate with us. :rolleyes:  Afaik all we know is we'll get to know more in August. We'll see, I guess..

• Edreamer Jamil, TalkingOak, popcorngal and 2 others like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#70 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 18:15

Thank you magic88889 and Happy Tree for yours answers.

On "Final Cut" release date (21/07) Humble Bundle version was still 4.1.1.

Version 5.1.1 was really an update on 26/07...but one year old, what a shame. :(

That's probably humble's fault. I purchased a few games from humble a number of years ago and the devs for that game were much more communicative. They would say when they sent updates out and to who and me as a humble user was always disappointed with how terrible they were with posting the new files. You might want to bug them about it.

#71 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 17 August 2017 - 15:53

Just read update #108... and... woah. Just. Woah.

*maybe by the time it's posted here I'll be able to be more articulate... the email just left me... pretty speechless for a variety of reasons.

• skadet and DiskJunky like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#72 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 17 August 2017 - 16:41

Just read update #108... and... woah. Just. Woah.

*maybe by the time it's posted here I'll be able to be more articulate... the email just left me... pretty speechless for a variety of reasons.

Just read it myself to come in here. GOODIES ARE COMING! (Not breathing heavily)

• skadet and popcorngal like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#73 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 17:03

Now we need the KS #108 thread ... :)

#74 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 August 2017 - 17:05

Erika is at GenCon so I doubt we'll see the update thread from her...maybe khh?

• skadet likes this

#75 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 18:00

Ok so they're simply not going to acknowledge that they're not doing some stretch goals. Just blithely carry on as if all is fine! It's one way of doing things, I guess.

• Chocobo_sage, popcorngal and MisterMetropolis like this

#76 demonofelru

demonofelru

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationThe Colony, TX

Posted 17 August 2017 - 20:01

The boxes are coming! Hooray!

I was dreaming. Perhaps it may have been but a long forgotten memory. Things remembered when one is asleep. Things forgotten when one is awake. Where the deepest layers of memories become the outmost layers of one's dreams. Which are reality? Which are illusions? Or perhaps they are, at the same time, both truth and fiction. A vast nebulous with no boundaries. An emptiness equivalent to my own existence. I dreamt such a dream. A long, never-ending, dream. - Fei Fong Wong

#77 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 21:18

I'm glad things are progressing, but I still have some questions after reading it...

1) Some of the digital rewards came at lower pledge tiers. Are they not happening or are they just going to be released when we get to shipping their physical counterparts?

2) Will the Birthrights and town crier ever be added to the console versions?

3) Are we ever going to get even the simplest explanation/acknowledgement as to why the stretch goals didn't make it?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#78 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:28

1) Some of the digital rewards came at lower pledge tiers. Are they not happening or are they just going to be released when we get to shipping their physical counterparts?

2) Will the Birthrights and town crier ever be added to the console versions?

3) Are we ever going to get even the simplest explanation/acknowledgement as to why the stretch goals didn't make it?

1)  That is what all the other kickstarters I've been a part of have done.  With the digital release happening either when they start shipping or shortly after they finished shipping. 

Can't say for certain since they're doing this a bit piecemeal.  Also not sure because some of those rewards were supposed to be released a long time ago. 

2) No idea.  I would think they would at some point, just so everything is running the same version.  Easier to support that way.

3)  One kickstarter I was a part of did a kind of post-motem on the whole thing.  Basically they went through the whole process and explained some of their thoughts on why they did things one way and not another.  It wasn't an apology or anything, just giving the backers some insight into the development process and what went into it.  It obviously didn't work for everyone, but for me, it was an acknowledgement that things happened but that they had good reasons for happening that way.  I think that would work well here.

They need to do something.  This silence is very disturbing.

• Ringtail and MisterMetropolis like this

#79 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4560 posts
  • Location├ůmot, Norway

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:46

So for those who can't see the KS update but still want to know what it says:

Spoiler

\o/

• DiskJunky likes this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#80 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 27 August 2017 - 19:36

That's great news. i'm gonna check my email athough I have shifter tier , but.. are you going to repeat this steps to make sure everyone is on board? For example if it's the shifter's turn, will we get another KS update ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users