#41 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4522 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 23 July 2017 - 17:09

which you'd think they would have sent out upon releasing the Final Cut. And they haven't sent out an update or even a single tweet or anything. What a mess.

Yes, you'd think so. But then RTG are seemingly all on vacation now (Ragnar is in South Africa, according to his latest Instagram posts, and at least one other team member is away from what I've seen on Facebook, so I'm pretty sure they're all on vacation), which to me looks like a classic case of "Ah, fuck all that, we'll deal with that later, just schedule the release for that day and go have some fun or whatever."

I'm surprised they managed to announce the release on Steam, I haven't seen any other announcements of The Final Cut since the KS update.

I've been a die hard fan and I've defended RTG like a mama bear ever since the Kickstarter went up, but goddammit I'm so tired of their silence. So done.

So, in how many months approximately will backers find the Final Cut Soundtrack in their Humble accounts... ?

You know the answer to that is most likely "Soon™" -_-

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#42 Sophia

Sophia

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 15:59

Bit late but... nice!!! I can't wait to visit the place again. I mean, I have only spent 80 hours so far, what is another 10 or 20 or 40 more eh :D

Latest blog post: s.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffeeds.feedburner.

#43 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 24 July 2017 - 18:04

Up to book 4 now. First impressions: dumbed down and they've made character models look like they're covered in plastic. Look at the hair! It's like Playmobil :D I'm guessing this is the "improvement" they made for consoles.

Oh and RTG, when are you going to be honest about the stuff you didn't do? Never? Just going to slide away and hope nobody remembers? It's a bold gambit. Let's see how it works out.

#44 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 19:30

My Humble Bundle account has an early access key, this is the key apparently given for access to things like the outfits?

I haven't bothered to download the game yet, but i did check my HB page and there's no such key. So, what's this key all about?

Where the hell are the "journeys:birth" and "tome of the balance" ebooks backer rewards? The update doesn't mention the digital rewards.

From the Kickstarter main page:

JOURNEYS BIRTH

This short-story collection contains three novellas and a bridging story that delve into the background of characters you will encounter in Dreamfall Chapters. Journeys: Birth will be available in a variety of formats, including PDF, EPUB and MOBI, printed paperback, and an exclusive audiobook version. The digital text versions of this collection will be available in 2013.

And let's not get into the "stretch goals".

Such a disgrace...

#45 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 July 2017 - 19:45

Where the hell are the "journeys:birth" and "tome of the balance" ebooks backer rewards? The update doesn't mention the digital rewards.

My plan is just to forget all about them at this point. I'll just be happy to get the boxed version in the post and call it a day. I'm much more disappointed in the lack of game play rewards that have just gone missing, like Emmas gallery, and collecting the books (which just wouldnt work on the size and scope of the maps in the game)..

Up to book 4 now. First impressions: dumbed down and they've made character models look like they're covered in plastic. Look at the hair! It's like Playmobil :D I'm guessing this is the "improvement" they made for consoles.

Oh and RTG, when are you going to be honest about the stuff you didn't do? Never? Just going to slide away and hope nobody remembers? It's a bold gambit. Let's see how it works out.

I haven't played the updated version yet, might give it a go tonight so i'll reserve judgement.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the gfx had to take a nerf to make it to the consoles. The crappy mobile cpus they use are so poor you have to leverage all 6(8) cores to get anything like reasonable performance. Unity just isnt up to that task.

#46 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 20:40

My plan is just to forget all about them at this point. I'll just be happy to get the boxed version in the post and call it a day. I'm much more disappointed in the lack of game play rewards that have just gone missing, like Emmas gallery, and collecting the books (which just wouldnt work on the size and scope of the maps in the game)..

I'm also very disappointed about the Loremaster but at least i didn't back the game or increase my pledge ( which i'm sure several pour souls did ) because of any money-bait stretch goal, so it's not my main gripe.

Maybe as a backer of a tier that contains physical rewards, your biggest concern is them and not the "measly" digital ones, but let me tell you something. When you choose the $50 tier over the $25 tier, the incentive is the digital rewards ( and i chose the $50 tier solely because of the ebooks ). So, i don't think i can forget about them any time soon. Also, they have announced the release of the ebooks twice already ( which clearly implies they are finished ), but they still haven't been released. It's beyond mind boggling and ludicrous.

#47 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:54

I'm past Book Two now, and they couldn't even include the documents already in the Enclave without having to collect them? And the Benefactor's Gate was just a little plaque? It took them over two years to implement that? I assumed the delaying of the Benefactor's Gate was because it was going to be big and elaborately designed or something. The Birthrights are awesome and very well thought out, but I really don't see why they can't have been in the game for the last two-three years. It just feels too late at this point. I would have loved seeing them in a first experience of the game. They really would have added to the immersiveness.

I'm not worried about the actual Kickstarter rewards. I'm sure they'll come with the game boxes (and the digital versions when they ship). Things get cut in game development but the pledge rewards have nothing to do with that. There's no good reason not to make them.

So...after RTG comes back from their July break, we really need to lure someone from the team back onto these forums, even if just for one day, because we need to discuss the missing stretch goals and what comes next. If nothing else, we're owed answers.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#48 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:17

So...after RTG comes back from their July break, we really need to lure someone from the team back onto these forums, even if just for one day, because we need to discuss the missing stretch goals and what comes next. If nothing else, we're owed answers.

You'd be better off writing them a letter. You know.... the ones that go in a post box and show up at the address and can't be so easily ignored or explained away as email problems by forum moderators. At least they would read it.

As for the game, I replayed book 1 and some of book 2. I would say despite the changes Storytime remains the weakest part of the game. But it is shorter, so the irrelevance of Zoes dreaming powers in the main game are less of an issue.
Kids bots mission with Zoe was cut down slightly.. which is fine.
I was hoping they might have cut Reza out, but no, you are still stuck maintaining a relationship in some form. But they did change his appearance, he doesnt look like a body builder now, and isn't wearing 'that' t-shirt any more.

The PC version on full gfx doesnt seem to have suffered visual wise after the port. But there are some new lighting issues to replace the ones that have now gone. Mainly with casting shadows.
I wouldn't say it looks any more plastic than it did originally. Its ok as it is. the hair rendering was never a strong point of the game visuals.

Performance seems to be better. Readily maintains 60fps much more easily than the last time I played it.

Presentation is generally better, and locations are shown on screen GTA style as you move about.

No sign of these new outfits I have been hearing about ?

#49 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4522 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 25 July 2017 - 14:19

You'd be better off writing them a letter. You know.... the ones that go in a post box and show up at the address and can't be so easily ignored or explained away as email problems by forum moderators. At least they would read it.

No. Just no. You are not saying that forum mods are making excuses for RTG right now, right? I misread that, yeah?
Because - just in case anyone else misread it like I did - forum mods are not affiliated with RTG. They don't have any more contact with them than you or I do. Guess how frustrating that must be, huh, seeing all these angry backers and other fans getting more and more upset about everything, and they can't really do anything about it, because even when they try to contact RTG about different stuff, they RARELY get answers. And when they do, the answers don't really say much.

RTG as a whole do not check their email. There aren't any "email problems", they just don't read them. For all I know, they don't check their snail mail either. In any case, letters are very easily thrown in the garbage. If you want to contact them and you're not a journalist from a well-known magazine or newspaper looking for an interview, your best bet is either Twitter, Facebook or just showing up in person.

Believe me, I understand the frustration, but the mods have no part in this complete radio silence we're experiencing.

If that wasn't what you were saying and I misread, then that's good. At least I cleared that up for everyone. ;p
  • Chocobo_sage and Indrid Cold like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#50 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 17:17

RTG as a whole do not check their email. There aren't any "email problems", they just don't read them.

And thats why saying RTG are having problems with their email (for the last ywo years) is an excuse. I have said that directly to them before. Hell, its not their fault no one gets a reply (I never said it was), but that line was getting old. And in my opinion disrespectful to backers coming here looking for answers. It was also outright untruthful. It seems to have stopped these days however.

I wouldn't say you misread my comment. Misunderstood somewhat, yeah. I think it was fair comment.

And of course they check their email. Thats how business is run these days, they just don't answer any backer emails. Maybe they haven't had the time or the staff for the last two years, but they are aware of the questions being asked, and they choose not offer any answers.

#51 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 25 July 2017 - 20:12

This customer support problem goes back way further than 2 years. Right back to the very start. There has never been a properly functioning support solution. Just a string of vague excuses.

#52 Ravn

Ravn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 22:30

So, is there absolutely no way the new outfits will be available to everyone? Even as a paid DLC?

#53 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 25 July 2017 - 22:53

So, is there absolutely no way the new outfits will be available to everyone? Even as a paid DLC?

I don't know if they're available to anyone at the moment, no one's reported seeing them yet (here.)

If they are present, it'll be up to RTG whether they have the time and will to make them a DLC later on.

Backers were asked a while ago on the forums and the general consensus was that we didn't mind everyone eventually getting access to backer content

#54 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 00:00

Not sure if this was mentioned, the town crier seems be be in there, up and running and calling the names out. Accessible when playing as Zoe in the day time.

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, Ringtail and 3 others like this

#55 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:42

Not sure if this was mentioned, the town crier seems be be in there, up and running and calling the names out. Accessible when playing as Zoe in the day time.

Oh, good!  I remembered that they had collected pronunciations of peoples' names a while ago, so glad that got implemented.

Have folks figured out who/where the other Birthright characters are?

(Work's been a mess for me lately, so Friday is the earliest I can expect to have any video game time.)

#56 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:12

I just finished it all. Yours was the only Birthright I noticed. In the end credits there are 3, maybe 4 others mentioned but I never saw them in the game. Maybe I just didn't notice. I did see Pavel reclining on the steps beside the Hileris bonfire. But he never said anything. Looked a bit like Jared Kushner tbh, lol, no wonder he was keeping schtum. But I never met any other named NPCs regaling me with long tales so I dunno what happened to them. The only other NPC who engaged with me was that woman sitting at the table in Marcuria who talks all that mystical stuff, then asks why she said that.

No outfits.

After the emotional book 5 I can say that I did enjoy the story. Just a pity about the rest of it.

• ChrisR likes this

#57 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:22

I just grabbed the Humble download which is from last year. Fired it up. Yeah, it looks much better. There's just way too much shininess in the final version. At one point Hamir looks like he's been painting his forehead with PVC glue! And the framerate is way better in the old version so I'll stick with that from now on. What did they do to it?

#58 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 26 July 2017 - 21:24

Well done RTG! Long time coming but ye got there (almost - boxes to go ;)).

Wow though, a lot of complaining. Personally, I think a great job had been done with the tools to hand. Nothing's perfect guys and never will be. Is the latest drop better? Generally, yup. Me likey. Officially. :) Always had faith RTG would get there!

P.S.: and kudos for the extra effort to get the pronunciations right - anyone care to take a stab at "Niamh"? ;) Spellforce tried...and failed miserably. English phonetic; nee-ev.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#59 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 21:48

The Birthrights are outside Seshadri Tower, near the House of Dreams, in the Souk and in the magic market.

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, Ringtail and 2 others like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#60 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:43

The Birthrights are outside Seshadri Tower, near the House of Dreams, in the Souk and in the magic market.

Thank you thank you!  :D

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal and MisterMetropolis like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users