• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#21 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 19:05

I wasn't a backer or anything, but I do think that since this project was kickstarted by their customers they do owe you guys transparency and proper updates. A lack of communication is something I've noticed for a long time and if I were someone who paid out a large amount of money I might be pretty unhappy about that. I mean, it has been years and as far as I know you guys still don't know what's going to happen with the items you've paid them to make.

• Victorplepe likes this

#22 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 16 July 2017 - 19:16

RTG said long time ago that Wii U version won't happen. Also there won't be Switch port.

I'm not sure they ever did. They just went silent about the whole thing. But I wasn't being serious with the comment in the first place :D

#23 artemisofephesus

artemisofephesus

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:33

I am looking forward to replaying and finding the bits and pieces that are new - it's certainly been the longest wait! I have to say though, from the snippets in the most recent trailer, I'm not sure I'm feeling the new models for Hannah and Abby. They're a bit... shiny?

Does anyone know whether the final cut will be a patch like other updates have been? My steam uninstalled my game for some reason and it will take me hours to download it (crappy Australian internet), so I'm wondering if I should wait for the final cut to be released, or just go ahead and start re-downloading.

#24 iamsteve

iamsteve

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 15:45

Dreamfall Chapters: The Final Cut

http://store.steampo..._The_Final_Cut/

#25 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 17:04

Dreamfall Chapters: The Final Cut
http://store.steampo..._The_Final_Cut/

And a bit bellow in that page, in the `More like this` section there is the suggestion for: "Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator". :D

edit: Seems GOG has it earlier / already this time:
https://www.gog.com/...s_the_final_cut
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#26 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 19:15

Has anyone played it yet? Are the new outfits in or do we need to wait until they send out activation keys for them or something? What's new that wasn't in the console version?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#27 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 20:05

Have you an idea about the release of final version of dreamfall chapters after director's cut? No announce about it.
I hope that will release soon because I want the promised french voice.

#28 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 20:13

Started playing a bit.  got through most of Book 1.  So far seems like it's mostly the same as the revamped Book 1 they did a while back.  I think there were some things added to some of the conversations here and there.  Nothing big.  Just a few added details here and there, maybe edited for flow. 

Visually, the only really noticeable difference is the lighting.  It looks quite different from what I remember.  Also the hair seems shinier, maybe?  Kian's skin texture looked a bit different, maybe. 

Whatever the changes they are small.  But then they had already gone through Book 1 pretty thoroughly before.  There might be bigger changes in later chapters.

Some cool things: Deleted scenes!  It includes two, one of which appears to be the original Book 1!  Didn't play through it yet, but it looks like the original Storytime sequence at least.

Save slot system!  We can now have multiple saves going at the same time!

Concept art!  Looks like art from the entire game.  Love the last one of Saga.

@willow: this is supposed to be the final version.  There is not another announced version after this.  According to the changelog, it does contain updated French subtitles, but I have no information about the voices.

#29 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 20:28

@willow: this is supposed to be the final version.  There is not another announced version after this.  According to the changelog, it contains updated French subtitles, but I have no information about the voices.

If it's the final version, it's not normal because in the FAQ, french voice were promised.

(2) Stretch goal & reward delivery [updated March 30th, 2016]

Stretch Goals:

• "The Spoken World" DELIVERED/PENDING — Language versions: The French and Polish voices version will likely be added only after all five episodes have released in the English language (no official comment – but French subtitles seem to be available); the German voices are delivered faster following an agreement with EuroVideo. Voice actors: From the original TLJ/DF cast, Sarah Hamilton (April), Roger Raines (Crow), André Sogliuzzo (Blind Bob) and Ralph Byers (Brian Westhouse/Roper Klacks) return.
  •  

Is it possible that this promise was a lie? It would be very disappointed.

#30 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 20:51

Like I said, I don't have any info on French voices.  RTG may plan that for a future update, but I don't know.

But honestly, I'm not optimistic about it.  Fact is, there are several things that still appear to be missing.  Some that I was particularly looking forward to.  Things that have received no mention from RTG,  just like the French voices.  I was hopeful that they would be included, but since they're not there, I don't think they ever will be.

It's unfortunate, but Kickstarter is not the same as ordering a finished product off the shelf in a store.  You are funding an unfinished product.  Often a product that is at that time just an idea.  And during any development process, things change.  That's true with any development process, but it is especially true with an artistic endeavor.  And to be fair, they did manage to do 90% of that particular stretch goal.  The did do subtitles, and voices in the German case.  Plus they managed to find and get much of the original TLJ cast to come back.  The only thing they missed was the French voices.  There are entire stretch goals that didn't get met at all, or are impossible to tell if they were met at all.

Like I said, things change, and they obviously weren't able to do everything they wanted to do.  It happens. 

That said, that doesn't excuse RTG's complete silence on these things.  I share your frustration on that point.

#31 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:15

So there are no French voices, Loremaster or gallery (expected even though they've pretended those were never a thing for two years), and we can't get the extra outfits because there are no activation keys yet...which you'd think they would have sent out upon releasing the Final Cut. And they haven't sent out an update or even a single tweet or anything. What a mess.

• WorldsReunited likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#32 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:05

I just found a reference to Church of Voltec/Vanguard. Jacob McAllen is mentioned.
Propast - Hand - Jonas.
  • Valiah, tummy ooh aah, grantprobst and 1 other like this

#33 Drosera11

Drosera11

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 12:35

Just a question: We now own an X-Box. Ist the X-Box Version of the game included in the bundle I get as a backer or do I habe o by it separately? And if it is included, how do I get it. I can`t find i on humble, where I got the pc Version. Thanks for any help. :-)

#34 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 14:41

So there are no French voices, Loremaster or gallery (expected even though they've pretended those were never a thing for two years), and we can't get the extra outfits because there are no activation keys yet...which you'd think they would have sent out upon releasing the Final Cut. And they haven't sent out an update or even a single tweet or anything. What a mess.

This pretty much sums it up.

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#35 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 22 July 2017 - 15:45

Just a question: We now own an X-Box. Ist the X-Box Version of the game included in the bundle I get as a backer or do I habe o by it separately? And if it is included, how do I get it. I can`t find i on humble, where I got the pc Version. Thanks for any help. :-)

No. Console versions are not included in the Kickstarter.

#36 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6151 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 16:55

So, in how many months approximately will backers find the Final Cut Soundtrack in their Humble accounts... ?
  • MisterMetropolis likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#37 grantprobst

grantprobst

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 19:00

I just found a reference to Church of Voltec/Vanguard. Jacob McAllen is mentioned.
Propast - Hand - Jonas.

I was wondering if that was new, or if I just wasn't paying attention before.  Pretty cool!  Curious to find more. 

#38 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 19:35

So, in how many months approximately will backers find the Final Cut Soundtrack in their Humble accounts... ?

That's almost certainly up to the humble store and they can be really bad. I purchased xenonauts off them and I was always waiting for patches even though the devs told me that they've already sent them the new files. Actually I purchased two games from them and had the same problems with both so I kinda stopped shopping there.

One thing I do know for sure is that gog has the soundtrack available for me to download so I find it likely that humble has the files already but they're just slow at posting them for their customers. Again.

#39 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3957 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 22 July 2017 - 19:58

Started playing a bit.  got through most of Book 1.  So far seems like it's mostly the same as the revamped Book 1 they did a while back.  I think there were some things added to some of the conversations here and there.  Nothing big.  Just a few added details here and there, maybe edited for flow. 

Visually, the only really noticeable difference is the lighting.  It looks quite different from what I remember.  Also the hair seems shinier, maybe?  Kian's skin texture looked a bit different, maybe. 

Whatever the changes they are small.  But then they had already gone through Book 1 pretty thoroughly before.  There might be bigger changes in later chapters.

Some cool things: Deleted scenes!  It includes two, one of which appears to be the original Book 1!  Didn't play through it yet, but it looks like the original Storytime sequence at least.

Save slot system!  We can now have multiple saves going at the same time!

Concept art!  Looks like art from the entire game.  Love the last one of Saga.

That all sounds like the stuff introduced in the console versions, the Gallery and the deleted scenes were in the PS4 game

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#40 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 July 2017 - 23:53

Has anyone played it yet? Are the new outfits in or do we need to wait until they send out activation keys for them or something? What's new that wasn't in the console version?

My Humble Bundle account has an early access key, this is the key apparently given for access to things like the outfits?

Dreamfall Chapters Early Unlock

xxx-xxx-xxx

This is your redeem key for Early Access to content in Dreamfall Chapters. Use this key in the title screen under Settings -> Redeem key to unlock Early Access content.

Have anyone tried activating this early access key in the 'final cut'? Or are the outfits (and hairstyles?) available to everyone?

I did try this way back when the redeem page appeared, but nothing much happened, for obvious reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users