I have just finished both TLJ1 and TLJ2 again and the character of Lady Alvane still really ingrigues me. Who is she? The plot seems to be "suggesting" it's April in the future... but I am not too sure. She was not present in the Dreamfall, but there was a character (Kian) with the same surname there, which cannot be a coincidence. Will she be there in the Chapters? She has to be someone importatnt to the story as otherwise... it would just feel disproportional.
So I have gathered some facts up together about Lady Alvane and possible characters:
1) Lady Alvane has been travelling with Crow in the past (so can be April, Zoe or someone new)
2) Changed surname to Alvane, so her original surname was different
3) Knows April well (April, Zoe, White Dragon, Emma)
4) April recognizes her at the age of 18 (so maybe older April, Emma. (Or maybe April's real mother, who looks similiar to her, but then the Crow being there would make no sence))
5) Knows the whole story of TLJ (so far only April and maybe The White Dragon, but could well be Zoe or Emma)
6) Has the ability to open shift / doorway through dimension (April? The White Dragon? The Goddess?)
7) Is a storyteller (Zoe? Faith? The White Dragon?)
8) Lives in the Storyland, the dreamland, the world in between where April has never been (so Zoe? White Dragon? Faith? Some other dreamer?)
9) Bares the same surname as Kian so there has to be some bliood relation. Either she is his wife, daugter, mother, sister? We know too little about Kian though to be able to say but he doesn't seem to be able to Shift himself, which he probably would be able to if he was son or brother...
10) Lady Alvane has some regular GUESTS to listen to her stories. How come there are some people there in the world in between? Has the world in between been inhabited by that time?
11) As a counterpoint to point 10. It has been mentioned that not long after the evenings from the TLJ, the balance has fallen. So does that mean there actually is no Stark and Arcadia, that there is just one world? Altough Lady Alvane says herself: This is the world in between as if there still have been the 3 worlds.
Less important notes:
12) Has books, and April proudly says she doesn't read
13) Crow and her seem to be good long-term friends. So Emma and White Dragon or April's mom makes no sence
14) Has a very neutral accent... So Zoe with her British accent is difficul to pull off... But then again, this is an old lady, accents change
15) Looking at lady Alvane's posture - she cannot be Bireanne
16) Livees in a simple, cosy dwelling, so cannot be anyone too rich
So having all this in mind seems that the most probably characters are April or Zoe
Supportive for April theory:
1) Apart from the Deamland, all fits. We don't know what will happen with the world until the time April is old
2) I don't think April died per se in Dreamfall. The prophecies said that she will first help restore the Balance only to finally break it... This still didn't happen, she still has obligations . I think Na'ane will try to heal her
3) She might end up marrying Kian and taking his name to finally end up April Ryan chapter
Supportive for Zoe theory:
1) Storytelling and living in the dreamland. Most things also fit
2) The fact that April seem to have recognized Lady Alvane in TLJ 10 years before she met Zoe.... I don't know, but there could have been some time travells. Maybe Zoe meets April as she is a child in Chapters... This could be fixed up
3) She also can end up marrying Kian
I personally still think it's April. It just makes sence. So what do you think?