#21 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 June 2017 - 20:28

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the "vanilla version" is going away. They said on Twitter that the "Final Cut" would be a free upgrade for those who already bought the game.

So... I'm guessing the Final Cut is going to replace all current PC copies of the game...? Though I admit it's a little confusing.

And the PS4 versions...?

See I was under the impression that the PS4 version was supposed to be the "full version", so I got it hoping to FINALLY see my in-game rewards. Although that was clearly just wishful thinking on my part. I guess I got the wrong impression when they talked about "Benefactor's patch" coming "soon" in Kickstarter update 103 where they announced the PS4 versions. They mentioned a "Final Cut" patch that would upgrade the game to match the console version, so I assumed the console versions would therefore be the "Final Cut" version. 

Assuming makes assholes out of us all.  -_-

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#22 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 20:30

Exactly.

I'm assuming the phrasing on the update above was because that post was targeted specifically at backers. So the phrasing addresses us specifically. Or that's the only thing I can think of.

If it is a free update for everyone who has already bought it then I don't know how they'd do it other than replacing the current version entirely. Anything else would be more trouble than it's worth, I think.

I'm fully prepared to be wrong, but that's the logic behind what I said before.

EDIT: No idea about the PS4 / Xbox version. Sorry. I know people have been asking, but I don't think I've seen an answer on that.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#23 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 June 2017 - 21:56

EDIT: No idea about the PS4 / Xbox version. Sorry. I know people have been asking, but I don't think I've seen an answer on that.

We do know that it doesn't have all the rewards, but I don't think we have an inventory of what was included and what wasn't. So yeah, not sure if that's in there.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#24 timbo

timbo

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:52

I still wish the deleted but recorded(!) Queenie conversation would be included as a deleted scene (audio only), so that Google Translating the available Russian transcript wouldn't be the only way to be able to read all that info about Peats and Project Alchera. I get that there was no room for it in Book 5, I get that it would be too confusing for new players, but I don't know what's the reason for not having it as a deleted scene, it would mean so much to players of the original Dreamfall. But I guess I just have to to let this go. :)

What's this?  I'm a bit behind and knew there was some deleted Queenie dialogue, but didn't know it was linked to the original DF!  Any more info?

#25 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2017 - 15:14

What's this?  I'm a bit behind and knew there was some deleted Queenie dialogue, but didn't know it was linked to the original DF!  Any more info?

Its about relationship between Queenie/Rose and Alvin Peats and their connection to WATIcorp and Project Alchera. Its very linked to first Dreamfall.
  • Starseeker and timbo like this

#26 timbo

timbo

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:19

Its about relationship between Queenie/Rose and Alvin Peats and their connection to WATIcorp and Project Alchera. Its very linked to first Dreamfall.

Oh yes, sorry I understood that. I meant the details - is the a transcript (or translation) that's been made available of this unused dialogue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:43

It's available in Russian in the Russian TLJ wiki. The official English text, which the translators must have been working with, hasn't surfaced yet, there is a way I guess to extract it from the game files but I don't know how (maybe I will try to contact the editor of the Wiki page if they have the English source). Anyway, luckily Google Translate does a fairly OK job with it. Here is the link: http://ru.tlj.wikia.....com/wiki/Квини

Of course the best thing would be if someone could extract the actual audio of that, although I don't know if it's included in the game files or didn't even make it there - we know for a fact that it has been recorded though.

#28 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:08

Yay, a release date! Which also happens to be my birthday.  :)

Better late than never.

• Mr Moo likes this

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#29 timbo

timbo

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 14:23

It's available in Russian in the Russian TLJ wiki. The official English text, which the translators must have been working with, hasn't surfaced yet, there is a way I guess to extract it from the game files but I don't know how (maybe I will try to contact the editor of the Wiki page if they have the English source). Anyway, luckily Google Translate does a fairly OK job with it. Here is the link: http://ru.tlj.wikia.....com/wiki/Квини

Of course the best thing would be if someone could extract the actual audio of that, although I don't know if it's included in the game files or didn't even make it there - we know for a fact that it has been recorded though.

#30 Maxime Girard

Maxime Girard

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 03 July 2017 - 19:40

I'll be super duper happy if all the goodies (kickstarter goodies physical and all) are out by Christmas 2017. If not, I'll still be happy if they are out by Christmas 2018.

I'll probably wait for all the goodies to be out before me and my friend that contributed get to playing it through once more as a form of closure of this grand adventure. 

I sent my new home address to Tiffany Naylor <backers@redthreadgames.com> in the meantime. Since this projet started, I have moved three times :P

Best of luck and may the balance be with you.

• Chocobo_sage and Valiah like this

#31 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 04 July 2017 - 00:58

I sent my new home address to Tiffany Naylor <backers@redthreadgames.com> in the meantime. Since this projet started, I have moved three times :P

You should make sure to also change your address on your Kickstarter profile, and on BackerKit (dreamfall.backerkit.com). I'm not how often that email address gets checked.  I'm pretty sure that Tiffany is no longer at RTG.

#32 Maxime Girard

Maxime Girard

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationQuebec City

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:34

You should make sure to also change your address on your Kickstarter profile, and on BackerKit (dreamfall.backerkit.com). I'm not how often that email address gets checked.  I'm pretty sure that Tiffany is no longer at RTG.

Done :3

Though I didn't find a place to add an address on the kickstarter website.

#33 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:18

You can usually change your address on kickstarter by going to your survey response.  However, it's closed for DFC, so backerkit and sending an email are your options.

I would hope that RTG would send out a request for final shipping addresses once things are ready.  That's usually how these work. I've moved as well.

• Valiah likes this

#34 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 18:44

I would hope that RTG would send out a request for final shipping addresses once things are ready.

That'll go over great for the PayPal backers.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#35 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3549 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 06 July 2017 - 21:01

That'll go over great for the PayPal backers.

I would assume they used email and not Kickstarter updates...

#36 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 July 2017 - 22:41

They haven't used the mailing system that was letting them reach out to PP backers in a loooooong time. I was under the impression it was now defunct.

That said, I think they might be able to send out a "hey, make sure your shipping info is up to date" notification out through Backerkit itself. I know I've gotten "48 hours before shipping address locks down" notification via Backerkit before.

So that should help help with that.
  • Valiah likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#37 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 13 July 2017 - 23:58