agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2017 - 00:37

[link to Kickstarter update]

The Final Cut release date and key art

We promised you'd be the first to know, and here it is:

Dreamfall Chapters: The Final Cut arrives July 21st on Steam, GOG and the Humble Store, for

PC, Mac and Linux.

We're creating brand new marketing and box art for this special edition; here's an exclusive 

work-in-progress preview:

7e9a6e58197e6448a1d1c358a83135ea_origina

The Final Cut includes all the changes and updates from the console version, including new

music and audio, improved character models, shaders and lighting, revised menus and user

interface, remastered voice overs, a new Dreamfall recap video and plenty of extra features.

This edition also includes the final batch of in-game rewards, along with general engine

enhancements and optimisations, and performance upgrades.

The game looks, plays and runs better than ever...and, of course, it's a free update for everyone

who pledged and helped make Dreamfall Chapters a reality in the first place!

Dreamfall Chapters, the vanilla version, is currently 33% off on Steam (40% if you pick up the

Special Edition) – and you can also buy The Longest Journey Bundle and get an incredible 58%

off the sticker price. This bundle includes The Longest Journey, Dreamfall and Dreamfall

Chapters, and it'd make a great gift to anyone who's yet to embark on the journey. Please

spread the word – and watch out for more on The Final Cut in the very near future!

Team Red Thread

• khh, Indrid Cold, mrKnask and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:17

Notice they didn't go into detail about what "the final batch of in-game rewards" are...For all we know (and most likely), they are the Birthrights, town crier and benefactor's gate and that's it.

But wow, a release date! It'll probably get delayed, but I'm really just so grateful for an update at all.

Even after all this, they're gonna have to update the console versions to it (this just mentioned the PC, Mac and Linux version) and then finish all the translations. It'll be nice to just finally have the complete game though after all these years.

• Edreamer Jamil, Valiah and Starseeker like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:56

So, Final Cut must be bought - it's free only for Kickstarter backers?

#4 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:03

https://twitter.com/...396626234159104

#5 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:30

Can you please list what in-game rewards you are adding? I don't remember what they would be, apart from collecting the books to fill the library of Marcuria, that is something I've been looking forward to. Thanks.

#6 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3056 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:50

I don't think so. Ragnar has been asked on Twitter by at least two people who specifically said they bought it and said it's a free update.

#7 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:08

Can you please list what in-game rewards you are adding? I don't remember what they would be, apart from collecting the books to fill the library of Marcuria, that is something I've been looking forward to. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this will only include the backer rewards: Benefactor's Gate, NPCs. and that's it, because those they are basically obliged to do. As to the stretch goals: books, gallery, House of Dreams etc., I'm 99% sure that that is not happening anymore, neither is the director's cut. And certainly no reworked or added scenes, save for the few changes they made to the Final Cut.

Which fine by me, really. I only wanted closure at this point, for the backers to have their rewards and for RTG to be able to move on from DFC to other projects. I still wish the deleted but recorded(!) Queenie conversation would be included as a deleted scene (audio only), so that Google Translating the available Russian transcript wouldn't be the only way to be able to read all that info about Peats and Project Alchera. I get that there was no room for it in Book 5, I get that it would be too confusing for new players, but I don't know what's the reason for not having it as a deleted scene, it would mean so much to players of the original Dreamfall. But I guess I just have to to let this go. :)

• Valiah and timbo like this

#8 Evil Duck

Evil Duck

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:04

And still not a word about the physical rewards, in january they said it would be sent out with the final version of the game. Now that we have a release date for said final version i would think a little more info about those rewards would also part of the update, but no. I might be a bit pessimistic at this point, but im starting to doubt we will ever get to see them since it has been radio silence about any of it for the past 6 months. When i pledged over 500 dollars over 4 years ago i knew there were some risk involved of course and were willing to take it, but they way RTG has treated its most loyal fans with only vague updates and not any straight up answers to anything the last year or two is really really disappointing to me. The first year was amazing, with frequent updates and actually seeing the devs participate in this forum on a regular basis made the backers of this project feel involved and part of something great, this could not go on forever of course since they need to focus on something else as times go by, but i do think they could have been alot more transparent on what is going on then they have been these last couple of years even if they dont participate in this forum anymore.

#9 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 18:19

Well, they still have to finish the game, work out any final bugs, and then press them onto discs before they can ship anything.  So I think it's probably a bit early to be talking about when the physical awards might ship.  Even if RTG were logistics masters (which evidence would suggest they are not), that would still take some time after the announced release date, with no real way to predict how long that might be.

I am excited to finally see the final cut (or whatever they're calling it)!  Only 1 month to go!!

#10 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 June 2017 - 18:55

isnt the 'Brand new' box art the same as the original lol ?

#11 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3912 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 24 June 2017 - 19:29

isnt the 'Brand new' box art the same as the original lol ?

The foreground is atleast, the Dreamer symbol is larger and centred. No idea what the background will be yet though. (I'd laugh if it was the two world background on the Console boxes haha)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#12 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:34

Been waiting a long time, but it's getting pretty close now :)

#13 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:49

Been waiting a long time, but it's getting pretty close now :)

Spoiler... its been out for a year now.

#14 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 26 June 2017 - 15:19

Spoiler... its been out for a year now.

holy-shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#15 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 26 June 2017 - 18:27

The distinction between the "Vanilla version" and "Final Cut" makes me wonder... Will the vanilla game be patched to include the NPCs, Benefactor's Gate and Town Crier? Might be selfish, but I was really hoping that the friends I talked into getting this game on Steam sales would get to hear my name being called by the town crier... 

• Edreamer Jamil and popcorngal like this

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#16 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 18:37

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the "vanilla version" is going away. They said on Twitter that the "Final Cut" would be a free upgrade for those who already bought the game.

So... I'm guessing the Final Cut is going to replace all current PC copies of the game...? Though I admit it's a little confusing.

#17 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 June 2017 - 18:39

That's not selfish at all, it's exactly what they said would happen. But what they left out was that you'd have to say to those friends "Yes buy it! But don't play it until the finished version is released."

• Valiah likes this

#18 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 20:05

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that the "vanilla version" is going away.

I suspect you are wrong.

From this very update:
'it's a free update for everyone who pledged'

#19 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11204 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 June 2017 - 20:09

From Ragnar on Twitter

#20 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1818 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 20:24

Certainly conflicting information then. I suspect they wouldn't want to maintain two versions however. What would be the point.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: final cut, kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users