RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:31

(link to kickstarter update)

An update on backer rewards

b587cfaa5f057185724288c87a1ddb40_large.j

Hi all,

Today we have an important update regarding rewards. Please read on and read all of it
before commenting or responding, in order to avoid any unnecessary confusion or outright
panic!

In-game rewards

Yesterday, we sent an email to backers of the following tiers, requesting the information
needed to design and build your in-game rewards: Unreal World, Most Wanted and The
Doppelgänger. We also included backers of higher tiers, who received one of the $1,000
tiers as part of their pledge.

If you backed one of the three aforementioned $1,000 tiers (and up) and you did not
receive an email, please check your spam or junk folder. The emails were sent via
MailChimp and sometimes these mails are caught by aggressive filters.

If you cannot find the email anywhere, please let us know by emailing
support@redthreadgames.com with your relevant information and we will help you out as
soon as possible.

If you backed one of the other $1,000 tiers — Benefactor of Marcuria or The
Puppetmaster — you will not have received an email yet. The reason for this is that your
reward is not in Book One. Because of the structure of the game, we are spreading the
in-game rewards out over the course of all five books. Rest assured that when we're ready
to create your reward in-game, we will let you know!

Not all Doppelgänger backers will see their characters in Book One either, so even if you
did receive an email now, it does not mean your character will show up in the first couple of
chapters of the game.

Wallpapers and forum badges

If you have not yet redeemed your awesome wallpapers — we have released two batches
so far — or your forum badge, here's how to do it:

• If you haven't done so yet, please register for a BackerKit account
    (http://dreamfall.backerkit.com). This makes it easier to change your information and
    to add extra rewards to your pledge. This is not mandatory, but highly recommended.
  • We're using the Humble Store to distribute the digital rewards. Please visit the
    following link: https://www.humblebu...ore/keyresender
  • Enter the email associated with your Dreamfall Chapters pledge to redeem your
    digital rewards. If you have a BackerKit account, please use the email associated with
    that account. If you have never created a BackerKit account, or created one within the
    last ten days, please use your Kickstarter account email.
  • While this isn't required, we do recommend creating a Humble Library account. We
    will be using the Humble Store to distribute game keys when the game is released,
    along with all future digital rewards.
  • To activate your forum badge, click on the link provided on your Humble Store
    download page. Full instructions are included. You will need a forum account in order
    to use your badge. Visit http://redthreadgames.com/forum/ to join the forum.

Please be advised that the Humble Store download page only lists the digital reward tier
associated with your tier. E.g. $1,000 backers will redeem the $750 reward from the
Humble Store, and thus only the $750 tier is listed on their download page. Any additional
physical or in-game rewards are handled directly by Red Thread Games.

Additional digital reward

Additional digital rewards, such as the official soundtrack, the short-story collection,
graphic novel and other digital rewards, will be sent out via the Humble Store as they
become available.

Due to the game's episodic structure and release schedule, some of these rewards — like
the soundtrack — will not be ready until Book Five is complete.

Physical rewards

Finally, we want to remind backers that most physical rewards — including game boxes
— will not be sent out until after Book Five is complete, in order to include the complete
game.

Other rewards not mentioned in this mail

Oh, and finally finally, we want to point out that even if some rewards are not mentioned in
this mail, it doesn't mean they're not coming! We will send out further updates along the
way, and we will of course make sure that our backers receive all of their rewards.

Thanks for reading and for reading all of it! If you have any additional questions, please
email us at support@redthreadgames.com and we will do our best to help you out.

With gratitude and love,

Team RTG

Additional helpful information RTG forgot to add in the update:

How to properly send RTG the needed files:

That 'weird' email address is the actual address you're supposed to reply to — apologies for not making that clear enough in the email! It means all the responses get routed through to our tracking system in the best way possible, so please, everyone, just press 'reply' and include your Dropbox/Flickr/Drive/whatever links — don't use info@ or ragnar@ or anything like that, because then Rakel will get mad and she might punch me in the arm.

One thing we DID forget to include was a Mothra-freakin' DEADLINE. Duh. Yeah, sometimes we're a bunch of gul durn amateurs.

Deadline: (Ragnar replied to "so when's the deadline?")

Tomorrow.

No, that's a lie. The deadline is September 12th, and we will send out an update and reminder to our backers next week — probably around Wednesday or Thursday.

Of course, the sooner we get people's information — particularly the Doppelgängers — the more likely they will appear in Book One, rather than in subsequent books. And I'm letting you guys in on that secret first.

Oh, and we just sent out a Kickstarter update and we forgot to include the frakkin' deadline AGAIN. We're dunces! Dunces, I say!

https://www.kickstar...ey/posts/969816

T-Shirts: (link to the comment)

@Ron: Ah, we should of course have included some information on the T-shirts.
Yes, T-shirts have been sent out recently to those who added shirts via BackerKit! We don't know how long it will take before the shirts are delivered, but if you don't see a package from us within the next couple of weeks, please let us know by mailing support@redthreadgames.com
Apologies for the lack of information on T-shirts and thanks for bringing it up here!

• Jecica, Teller, WorldsReunited and 2 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 LexXxich

LexXxich

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 16:22

Badges, eh?

#3 BiosNova

BiosNova

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 31 August 2014 - 17:48

Finally signed up and got my badge :)

#4 Harlequin579

Harlequin579

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:23

This may seem like a silly question, but if i was to donate say $150 to the devellopement of Dreamfall Chapters, would i recieve a copy of the game itself along with the extra rewards?

#5 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:35

Posting once in one tread will probably be enough. Especially since you've already received an answer to your first post. ;)

• DiskJunky likes this

#6 Blinglee

Blinglee

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:25

Sweet

#7 Tracido

Tracido

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:45

All I know is, I am so glad for the updates and my shirt is beautiful.  Bless you guys, and gals all working on this, cannot wait for book one digitally.  I can hang on for my physical copy, just fine. :)

#8 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 October 2014 - 20:19

I need a new pc before  I can have all off this - will I loose something if I'm. not fast whit the downloads off bagdes ect. 

Warm Regards Sha'nie

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 20:24

You don't need a new PC before you register on Humble Store and get your badge etc. Because in order to get the badge, you register a code on these forums. So the badge is saved in your user-account and doesn't have to do with the computer. You can also download wallpapers from there (and those will be downloaded to your computer). But you can download many times, so it doesn't matter if you get a new computer, you can just download once more :)

• Riaise and Sha'nie like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#10 Sha'nie

Sha'nie

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 October 2014 - 22:47

Hi Tina 

Yes I know and thanks for your wounderfull help. But this computer wont download wallpaper or key from humble thats why I'm asking if I will loose something if I wait. wont have a new pc before  20.10.2014 

Warm Regards Sha'nie

#11 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 22:51

You shouldn't lose anything. Your rewards are tied to your digital account. They don't go anywhere. There's no timer on them. Though out of curiosity, why can't you download the wallpaper or the key? The key shouldn't even require a download. You should just be able to copy and paste it over here into your account. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#12 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 22:52

All the data will  be kept in Humble's servers for the foreseeable future, so no it won't disappear if you wait. It is very strange that you can't get the keys with current computer. Have you tried using another browser?

edit: Ninjaed by Erika, I see :P

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 22:53

:ph34r: Whoops. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#14 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 23:09

All the data will  be kept in Humble's servers for the foreseeable future, so no it won't disappear if you wait. It is very strange that you can't get the keys with current computer. Have you tried using another browser?

She's a quick 'un, that Erika ;)

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, rewards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users