#81 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 06 June 2017 - 19:05

I just finished playing V5.4.1.1 released by GOG several months ago. I believe it reflects some of the changes we can expect in the final version. The version wasn't free of graphic bugs involving lightings, but the pace was smooth and some of the dialogue has be streamlined. I didn't feel I missed anything from the previous version.

For more noticeable changes:  the rendering for Storytime was with exceptionally soft focus, beginning with the point of focus and increasing with more distant objects. I had "Depth of Field" turned off. I assume it was to enhance the dream-like atmosphere. The soft focus continued into Friars' Keep with the Point of focus sharp, but the back ground soft. Daytime Propast in Book 1 was literally night with bright lights everywhere. The experience was "neon lights and darkness". Light bots were everywhere.

I wasn't able to arrange a meeting between Ada and Sully. I think that  that optional dialogue between Zoe and Sully has been eliminated.

#82 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 20:31

3 female actresses, which could be anywhere from 3 to maybe 12 characters. And this does sound to me like it's probably the other Birthrights, plus maybe other promised stretch-goals: Emma, a narrator for books, and (long-shot) Madame Nyx.

I don't know if this tells us anything about timing. It makes me suspect that recording might be scheduled for July, when RTG has traditionally taken their summer break.

At any rate, I would guess that we'll get a formal update of some sort in late June, prior to their vacation.

I agree that these are probably (hopefully) who the voices are. But watch them just add completely new characters they never promised while still ignoring these ones.

Ragnar said a release announcement would come shortly (a few weeks ago). If they're not even going to record until after their break...then the update probably won't even be this year.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#83 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4544 posts
  • Location├ůmot, Norway

Posted 06 June 2017 - 22:15

• Chocobo_sage, Ringtail, MisterMetropolis and 1 other like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#84 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 23:06

Now what we need is KS Update #106 ASAP.

"We'll be back with more info later in June"? :ph34r:

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#85 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1303 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 06 June 2017 - 23:39

Welp, shows what I know! :D

Thanks, Silje!

#86 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4544 posts
  • Location├ůmot, Norway

Posted 07 June 2017 - 07:16

Welp, shows what I know! :D

Thanks, Silje!

You're welcome! :D

Now I'm just wondering.. well, a lot. I want to know a lot of things. :(

• Chocobo_sage and Ringtail like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#87 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3972 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:12

You're welcome! :D
Now I'm just wondering.. well, a lot. I want to know a lot of things. :(

This is the issue when RTG don't update us before other people reveal things. :/

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#88 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 19:59

The one year anniversary of Book Five is tomorrow, and still we've heard nothing. I think I'm going to go crazy...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#89 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2085 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 June 2017 - 19:10

I have only backed four projects on Kickstarter, and of those, only this one isn't yet completed, as far as I know. I backed at least four via Paypal directly to the developers and got tons of updates about every little thing. Unlike some other Paypal backers.  :( 

Will I fund another Kickstarter, or directly throw money at another developer? I'm not so sure, but never say never, right?

• Vainamoinen likes this

#90 Minstrum-Squall

Minstrum-Squall

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:04

There is news of the physical bonuses of pre-order???

:angry:  I see the new swindle arriving.

Some day, the time will tell it us.

#91 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 15:26

There is news of the physical bonuses of pre-order???

:angry:  I see the new swindle arriving.

Everyone is waiting, let's be patient. Being angry won't make it easier.

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, final cut, console, ps4, xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users