• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 21:17

I'm confused by all the names and versions thrown around. So...basically, the console """" final cut """" version is going to be different from the kickstarter promised/stretch goal """" the director's cut ( new content* and commentary track ) """' version, right?

*new content....  :lol: ! Sounds like a bad joke at this point...

#42 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 00:06

They are the same thing. If they're even doing the stretch goals. That's why it's called the Final Cut. It's been pretty clear that they've wanted to move on from the game for over a year and they only have four people working on it (as of October). Anything not in the game on May 5 isn't happening. I guess we'll see what made it on that day.

Another thought: Will the RecApp be part of the game, or something else they'll put online? It was a stretch goal, not a pledge reward, so it should be available to everyone. I can't remember if I've wondered that before. Sorry if I have.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#43 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 00:13

From what I understand, and we won't know until it is released, the "Final Cut" is essentially a director's cut of the game.  It'll have some new scenes, some scenes removed, and others will be reworked.  Basically what they did for the opening a while back, just for the whole game.  Supposedly this will also include some updated graphics and such, probably courtesy of the newer version of the engine.  My hope is they fix some of the inconsistent dialogue.

None of that was promised in the kickstarter, which is probably why they needed a bit of a boost from a publisher to get it done. 

However, the final cut is also supposed to include all the unfulfilled in-game rewards as well, of which there are a few.  It's a shame we had to wait for everything, but I'm sure RTG has their reasons for waiting.

#44 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:07

I actually think the 'Final Edition' that goes out on consoles will differ from the pc Directors cut. The Directors cut will have commentary in it for example. I wouldn't expect to see that in the console versions.
What is not really understood, is if the extra content is already considered to be in there or not.

I expect they have tried to water down some of the costs of getting the directors cut out, by releasing the console version first, since aspects overlap. Its a concession backers will just have to live with this time. Its not that bigger deal really.

#45 robertc

robertc

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:16

I would expect a lengthy wait after the console release for the PC one. They will have to go though the usual cycles of bug reports, fixes and patches for all the consoles it is out for.

It shouldn't be too bad, everything is still in Unity so any fixes for the console versions will also be fixed for the PC versions in most cases.  And with the QA requirements of publishers and console manufacturers this will be the best tested version of DFC we've ever seen when it finally does make it to PC.

I really wonder who made the decision to have the final cut be out on console

Pretty sure that's all going to be down to the publisher.  If any public statements about DFC have to be run by the publisher's PR now too then that will probably take way more effort than the 15 minutes mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've never really been part of a forum before and to be a part of this one for so long and to have RTG coming here, responding to us on occasion, letting us in on their thoughts and feelings and reasons for things...that made them something different...something special.

I have been active on quite a few forums before this one but I have to say this has been one of the more, I'm not even sure what the right word is, 'comfortable' experiences.  It seems that there's a lot of people here who like the same sort of things in games as I do and, even when they don't, like different things in interesting ways.  Everything has died down a bit after the release of the final episode last year which is a bit of a shame but only to be expected.  One thing to look forward to may be that an influx of new players due to the console release will result in a spike of activity here (and we may need to get a bit more fine grained on the spoiler front here as a result - if there's people that can't contain themselves after completing the first episode maybe they'll be looking for a place to talk about it where subsequent episodes won't be spoiled).

• Edreamer Jamil, Guyra and the red of the kin like this

#46 Dralel

Dralel

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:48

It's disgusting that console owners are getting a physical version before people, like me, who made the game happen in the first place by backing it - and at quite an expensive level nonetheless.

I won't be buy, nor recommending, another one of your crappy games again, Red Thread.

Now for the fanboys and idiots to start defending them saying how spoilt or impatient I am.

#47 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:29

Well, you did kind of miss the point that the console version has a publisher, separate from Red Thread Games. I assume pointing that out makes me an idiot, though not for the reason you think.
  • skadet likes this

#48 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:38

I won't be buy, nor recommending, another one of your crappy games again, Red Thread.

Good. That means you won't be posting here again. I can live with that.
  • Mr_Russ, mrKnask and Arcturia like this

#49 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:19

It's disgusting that console owners are getting a physical version before people, like me, who made the game happen in the first place by backing it - and at quite an expensive level nonetheless.

Now for the fanboys and idiots to start defending them saying how spoilt or impatient I am.

I imagine you get that reaction a lot?

• skadet likes this

#50 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:33

We had such a calm and possibly even constructive string of voiced disappointments and valid criticism going on here, and...

...you'd think other people get inspired by that.

• Indrid Cold likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#51 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:58

Well i'm a backer and a console owner who has preordered a copy on ps4.
Honestly not worried since the game has been available for a while on pc.
This is the first chance console only gamers have had to play it and it's not as if the backers won't get their rewards.
Grow up, this is helping fund your physical rewards and help RTG fund the next game.
  • skadet, Edreamer Jamil and mrKnask like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#52 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:12

Nah I didn't back anything: late for the party there :P

But look...I think backing is something different ....in my mind...really. I'd be glad to back a project I believe in to get the developer on the main goal of the project. All the other extras? I'm fine without them, really.
Sure: it is disappointing that some of them aren't coming to the PC version first (although with RTG's lack of proper communications...who knows really?)...it is disappointing but on a very marginal level. the game's out there. it's done...and it was done with your help. don't you feel proud because of that? Do you really need also the minutia to be delivered on a silver plate to you first to be satisfied?
I'm not saying it wasn't part of the deal or that you're wrong in principle: you definitely are. I'm just saying such a negative reaction....do you think it's truly fair? These guys who made the game...you're not EA or Blizzard...they probably wanted all things to come out smooth, polished, ported in all languages and ready on all possible platforms on day one...but I'm sure they had to face countless issues that prevented them to achieve those goals right away.
Again: in principle you're definitely right (and other people have "vented" a bit too, here) but just look at the other side of the stpry, friend.

Edited by the red of the kin, 29 April 2017 - 07:13.

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal and magic88889 like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users