51 replies to this topic

#21 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 23:22

I still look forward to Draugen and Svalbard, but I'll wait 'till they're out.

Some of us did enjoy the ride to Chapters, which WAS a rollercoaster of ups and downs, of disappointed as well as exceeded (!) expectations. So, yeah, of course I'd enter the next rollercoaster. And I want all of you on board again, hands raised this time because you know what you're getting into! :P

I'm just not too fond of being stopped meters from the finish line so they can put new coaches on the track. That's not great, is it?

And it made ME feel special...like they cared what we thought and what we felt...and now I just don't feel that way anymore. :(

You're still special, Carla, even when you don't get to spice up RTG's soup any more. :)

• Teller, popcorngal, Guyra and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#22 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 15 April 2017 - 00:35

On a tablet so I don't know how to multi-quote, sorry Carla and V....

Not to take anything away from the game, but I feel the greatest experience through these years has been this place, you guys! I know I've been distant lately, but I love you all!

I still.... Lurk this place something like two times each hour, that says it all right...? After 3-5 years..?

I can't wait before at least some of us are excited again, love you guys!
  • Teller, Vainamoinen, popcorngal and 3 others like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#23 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:52

I definitely understand all of you guys, and I agree: It feels as if RTG just kind of stopped caring at some point. Now, I'd like to believe that the team are probably burnt out and generally tired(which I seem to recall one of the previous updates was showing), but it doesn't change the way we experience it either. And while they should've let us know about the release date, it is understandable to me that they forgot about it. That doesn't make anyone's feelings on the matter any less valid, though.

That said ... I think this thread has given way too much focus on the negative side of things, so I want to try and nudge it a bit in the other direction! The game is great, and I really look forward to seeing the polished Final Cut! While I certainly had hoped for some more classic puzzles, the game exceeded my expectations in regards to the story and overall quality! Great work, Ragnar & Co! :D 

In addition, RTG managed to gather us all here, and laid the groundwork for this community, which has been an important part in the lives of many people here for the past, several years!

• Chocobo_sage, Teller, popcorngal and 1 other like this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#24 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:49

Oh, for sure! I'll always feel gratitude for how they behaved to us fans, and even more so for the community we created here. Even though I don't write as much as I did doesn't make this place, you guys are far from any less important to me. I'll be forever grateful to RTG just for the fact that I met you guys!

I didn' want to sound all negative and stuff, it's just nice to vent some frustrations once in a while... :)
  • Teller and Guyra like this

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#25 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:58

I didn' want to sound all negative and stuff, it's just nice to vent some frustrations once in a while... :)

Well, yours was one of the less negative comments in this thread. ;) And even so, there's nothing wrong with the negative comments here either: I'd say they're completely justified. I just wanted to bring in a bit of positivity. To keep the balance. ;)

• mrKnask likes this

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#26 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:41

Hi guys! I didn't know about a final cut (been ...busy for a while now!). Glad to see that. I'm done with them consoles but I'm glad to hear about the Final Cut :)

I get the frustration with the lack of communication but remember it's RTG we're talking about here. These are people that take their time to get it right. It's only natural there is not actual date for the Final Cut.
Will it come out in a month? Two? A year?
While I'd rather be waiting for the Longest Journey Home, I'm happy to check the forums here once in a while and know that something is happening....and to talk to you guys too ^_^
To me it really feels like going to rehearsal with the band...or having a beer at a pub.

• Teller, Guyra and mrKnask like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#27 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:07

Cool to see you red :)

And yeah, I mostly agree with you, I just think me and some others finally found our border, the place were we started to get vocally annoyed. Doesn't really change much though, we're still here and I guess that says enough... :)
  • the red of the kin likes this

#28 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:50

I don't have much of an issue with the lack of communication regarding the console version, I've said before it wasn't part of the kickstarter. Lack of info on the PC version... yeah maybe.

But that in its self does raise an issue, that I do have a problem with. That the consoles are getting the finished version of the game before the PC. The people who backed it, and who the game was made for.
I would expect a lengthy wait after the console release for the PC one. They will have to go though the usual cycles of bug reports, fixes and patches for all the consoles it is out for.

In reality i'm not all that bothered in fairness. The plot isnt going to change. For me it feels like its over, and a bit of shining up isnt worth getting in a twist over really.
  • Teller, Edreamer Jamil, TalkingOak and 2 others like this

#29 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:52

That said ... I think this thread has given way too much focus on the negative side of things, so I want to try and nudge it a bit in the other direction! The game is great, and I really look forward to seeing the polished Final Cut! While I certainly had hoped for some more classic puzzles, the game exceeded my expectations in regards to the story and overall quality! Great work, Ragnar & Co! :D

On the positive side, I love the game...and I love this forum.  I will always be grateful to the RTG crew for bringing me into this forum, to meeting all of you.  It definitely feels like home.  

• Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen, popcorngal and 4 others like this

#30 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 23:21

We'll lock down a date soon and post some screens and videos...

So it's in two weeks...where are the screenshots and videos and updates? Not that I expected any...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#31 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 April 2017 - 00:40

So it's in two weeks...where are the screenshots and videos and updates? Not that I expected any...

They've been posting stuff on FB and Twitter, but I haven't looked at it super closely.

Sorry I haven't been curating the random updates from across the web as closely. :/ I've been insanely busy and dealing with some family stuff too so... Haven't been able to keep up with it myself, much less post it here.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#32 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:02

They haven't shown any new features.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#33 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 April 2017 - 14:11

Fair enough.

Though they didn't say what the videos and screenshots would be of. So. I wasn't really expecting anything that would look radically new and different.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show off anything too new before it drops on console. That statement was made in reference to locking down the date for the PC version and we really have no clue how long the delay there will be.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#34 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 23 April 2017 - 15:42

I really wonder who made the decision to have the final cut be out on console, and leave the backers who have the pc version hanging I think they could have avoided a lot of frustration with this.

Also all console gamers will have access to a physical release while only a few backers on pc who donated a certain amount will get that which also must feel frustrating to backers.

I personally am not mad at all but I do understand why some might be because the communication from the devs have not been good here I mean RTG just posted that flowers was blooming outside of their offices on twitter for god's sake.... nobody cares RTG give the backers the people who funded your game some information,

#35 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 17:42

I hope that the boxed version for the kickstarter is more elaborate than the simple plastic box that the console is getting.  That would be disappointing.

As for why the console it getting it first?  My guess is that they needed some money to fund the final cut, and Deep Silver offered them that chance, so the console gets it first.  Could be simple as that.  Remember the final cut was never a kickstarter promise.

Still, I wish RTG would communicate with us better.  Gone are the old days where Ragnar himself would show up here answering random questions.

#36 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 23 April 2017 - 18:23

I hope that the boxed version for the kickstarter is more elaborate than the simple plastic box that the console is getting.  That would be disappointing.

Here's the promise for the lowest Kickstarter pledge tier to contain a boxed version, so presumably a plastic box and art (possibly different from the commercial release), plus instruction manual :

Get a boxed DVD copy for your collection! • Includes a beautifully designed COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX and printed instruction manual!

I seem to recall there being some Q&A about the specifics of this during the campaign but it's been a while and my memory is somewhat hazy on this

#37 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3980 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 23 April 2017 - 18:53

Here's the promise for the lowest Kickstarter pledge tier to contain a boxed version, so presumably a plastic box and art (possibly different from the commercial release), plus instruction manual.

Yep most likely just a regular dvd case with the instructions and disk, there may have been a big box style edition for the higher backers but i'm unsure.

I know from previous KS campaigns that big box editions are expensive to produce and not ideal to ship either lol.

But i'd love an old style boxed edition of it. :)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#38 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 23 April 2017 - 20:10

Yep most likely just a regular dvd case with the instructions and disk

​That was the big problem with Tex Murphy. We were expecting a cardboard box and got a DVD in a slip case.

#39 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 20:32

Remember the final cut was never a kickstarter promise.

I assume that the Final Cut IS all the promises that have yet to be fulfilled. The 'gameplay' changes mentioned here:

So what’s new? There are changes to character art and animations, music, sound-
effects, shaders, lighting — and gameplay. We’ll be talking specifics soon, and we’ll
have more on the console enhancements and special features before March 24th

#40 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 23 April 2017 - 20:49

I assume that the Final Cut IS all the promises that have yet to be fulfilled.

It has to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users