#61 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2293 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 February 2017 - 20:18

locarno, this was posted earlier on the page.  Maybe it was this?

From the Steam page.  Also, update is not yet on Gog.

Version 5.4 patch notes

February 2 - Red Thread Games
Version 5.4 has been in beta for almost one week, and is now moving to the main branch. There are some additional fixes and updates in the latest version. Please see the patch notes below for more information.

This major and long-delayed update includes full German localisation for the final two episodes, along with Unity engine upgrades and support for DirectX 11.

Please note that this is not The Final Cut patch, which we plan to release alongside the PlayStation and Xbox versions this spring. Existing customers will receive a free upgrade to The Final Cut edition, and we plan to sunset previous editions of Dreamfall Chapters.

Patch notes

Version 5.4.1 includes:
  • German voices for Book 4 and 5, and other localisation fixes
  • DirectX 11 support. If your video card is compatible, there should be noticeable performance improvements
  • New startup video and opening credits
  • Unity engine upgrade. This improves performance and fixes a number of bugs and glitches
  • Various audio fixes
  • Fix for pausing game when alt-tabbing out while in fullscreen mode
  • Fix for rare inventory bug
  • Fixed stuck head look-at

#62 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 23:08

So, V, are you stating that all Steam-ites are raving mad, spittle-spewing lunatics???

I actually think I did a poor job at phrasing my thoughts there. I'm stating that whether it was the "Steamites" who were calling for the executioner was pretty irrelevant as evidently all the push from all the sides went into the Steam update only. Now the momentum is all spent, so the Goglins and Humbledores will have to start from scratch to get their own update. Clearer now? :P

• WorldsReunited likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#63 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2293 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:32

I actually think I did a poor job at phrasing my thoughts there. I'm stating that whether it was the "Steamites" who were calling for the executioner was pretty irrelevant as evidently all the push from all the sides went into the Steam update only. Now the momentum is all spent, so the Goglins and Humbledores will have to start from scratch to get their own update. Clearer now? :P

Ahhh...clear now!

• Vainamoinen likes this

#64 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 February 2017 - 14:03

The patch is now available via GOG Galaxy (9.7 GB! Now I remember why I stopped using Galaxy...), but not yet via the website as far as I can tell.

Edit: It's up there now. You have to redownload the full game.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#65 charmed23

charmed23

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh city, Vietnam

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:30

apparently there were some news on Dreamfall Chapters last night. But they were not in English so I wasn't sure what the articles were about.

Also this Gamasutra PR on Simon Poole.

More news coming up I guess? 

• Vainamoinen likes this

#66 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 11:15

apparently there were some news on Dreamfall Chapters last night. But they were not in English so I wasn't sure what the articles were about.

Also this Gamasutra PR on Simon Poole.

More news coming up I guess? 

Oh. Seems like Koch Media has pushed the console retail release date back to May 5th. The source is their own press release, so the info is legit.

Which of course means that the Final Cut and the Kickstarter sendouts will be around that date too. Fuck.

And it's German news only because KM is a German publisher. Double fuck. :o

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#67 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:36

But why we're not hearing it from the elgwan's mouth, that's what I'm wondering.

#68 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 16:02

But why we're not hearing it from the elgwan's mouth, that's what I'm wondering.

Well, we didn't get any kind of official statement from the crew about the previous release date until after we'd all known for a bit, so.

RTG is small and doesn't have a proper PR team. One of the benefits of working with a publisher is that generally they help with the whole PR thing. So. I would have at least expected them to tweet something or whatever.

Though, as I guess, I'd say a couple things could be at play here:

1. DFC is a smaller title, so Deep Silver seems more concerned with the Persona 5 hype train. This is a much lower priority.
  2. They have a planned announcement, but it wasn't meant to be released yet. ...but as their German partners would likely be looped in before a public announcement...the news got out. 
  3. Didn't we have issues before where the German distributors were putting out release dates that RTG was like "...Well... I don't know where they got that information, but it definitely wasn't from us." ...? Not that this means that there isn't potentially a delay. I was more or less expecting one, but... 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#69 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 February 2017 - 16:46

RTG is small and doesn't have a proper PR team.

Who needs a PR team to make a simple announcement ? One person can sort it in 10 seconds via twitter. And that includes the time it takes to log in, and out, then take a sip of tea after a job well done.

• WorldsReunited and charmed23 like this

#70 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:00

Who needs a PR team to make a simple announcement ? One person can sort it in 10 seconds via twitter. And that includes the time it takes to log in.

No argument.

But I'm just working off of past precedent at this point. People don't like delays. No one likes announcing them. They've been careful about making announcements before. Ragnar usually wants to do a more involved post than just a "BTW, game's delayed. Sry." tweet.

So...like... usually it's a matter of "Oh, I really want to take some time to do this, so...going to put it on the to do list for later when I have a minute." ...and then the minute doesn't come. Especially when like... yeah, it takes two seconds, but it's a two second job in a deluge of a million jobs (both short and long) and miscellaneous other things that need to get done when you're the one wearing a ton of hats. 

Most people can handle basic PR type stuff like quick tweets and whatever, but there's a reason why bigger companies employ people to manage that sort of thing. Just thinking it could be possible that Deep Silver is meant to be handling some of this stuff. But maybe not. No idea. 

Either way. I wasn't trying to make an excuse or say it was okay. Just taking a look at what's going on and giving my two cents on why it is the way it is. 

• Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen, khh and 1 other like this

#71 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:12

I think the reason is simple, the port won't be ready in time.

#72 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:26

I've been there when Telltale decided never to utter the word "delay" in their PR ever again. Can't say they didn't have their reasons.

Will say those reasons wouldn't entirely apply to RTG though. :P

• WorldsReunited and agirlnamedbob like this

#73 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:43

I'm gonna file this one right under 'RTG are having trouble with their email' excuse, if you have been willing to buy that for the last 2 years, you will believe anything lol :D

The truth is, they just can't be bothered to deal with it, and why should they? The game is done and out. Their obligations to keep anyone informed are long over. The distributors can sort their own PR. The few people left that are still paying attention will get the usual belated Kickstarter update.

The console folks will get what they are given when its ready. There is no requirement to tell them anything, and no necessary channel for doing it.

• WorldsReunited likes this

#74 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 February 2017 - 17:51

I'm gonna file this one right under 'RTG are having trouble with their email' excuse, you guys can think what you want lol :D

I mean. That's more or less what I was getting at. :P

The major problem with the support email pipeline eventually boiled down to "you're not getting an answer because there's no one dedicated to handling emails." Just different people doing it on the side on top of their main job. So it's easy for it to fall by the wayside. Same goes for tweets and posts and updates and etc. 

#75 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 18:43

I have become so appalled at RTG's (let's face it, Ragnar's) poor communication and BS excuses for not doing the basic minimum, I'm way out the other side and onto the next hub. Can't even be bothered to moan about it any more. When a company can say with a straight face for 4 YEARS that "We have issues with our support chain"... No comment, really. It says it all for itself.

#76 willow

willow

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 21:10

No info on french voice?
  • Tinez likes this

#77 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 14:04

I have become so appalled at RTG's (let's face it, Ragnar's) poor communication and BS excuses for not doing the basic minimum, I'm way out the other side and onto the next hub. Can't even be bothered to moan about it any more. When a company can say with a straight face for 4 YEARS that "We have issues with our support chain"... No comment, really. It says it all for itself.

Does it really? I mean, if a dozen-person studio even has something they call a "support chain" (which, evidently, is a series of persons that act as chain links), that would raise many questions for me! :P 

Still, maybe an ounce more consideration and maybe even generosity wouldn't hurt here. Support and PR are two very different things. We're running the risk of conflating the two. And then there's support and support: The call for dedicated RTG support people has, as of yet and in my experience, mostly come from backers and concerned issues specific to backers. I would guess that once the Kickstarter rewards are out, the call for support is in rapid decline. Objections?

And then there's PR. Which, yes, for the past four years Ragnar has mostly done himself (and now, I won't tire to repeat, a honest to god retail publisher is involved). BUT! RTG has offered the job of a full time (?) dedicated PR person on their twitter and elsewhere. They're looking to improve in that respect. Which is something.

• khh and NeilClaimer like this

#78 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 February 2017 - 19:39

Well you have your experience of RTG and I have mine. "We" are not in danger of conflating anything at all. You speak for yourself there, I think.

#79 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 February 2017 - 20:34

For the sake of clarification, I wasn't intending to conflate PR and Support in terms of what goes into them or whatever other comparison we might want to make. 

The only parallel I was intending to draw was that any issues we've discussed in relation to both have been tied (by RTG themselves) to being a small team where people are wearing multiple hats. 

• Vainamoinen and NeilClaimer like this

#80 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 February 2017 - 21:46

The way I see it the console port isn't really part of the Kickstarter campaign. It worked out so that they got a publisher involved to help with that part, and so they're letting the publisher handle the related PR too. That seems fair to me.

And yeah, probably this means that the final cut will be set back to ... but that is also only tangentially related to the Kickstarter. We've all gotten access the main product here, whether we've chosen to avail ourselves of it or not. So really it's only the final Kickstarter rewards that remain that RTG has to be accountable with to us. And I might be a minority here, but personally at this point I'd prefer for them to just continue to reaffirm that they're working on them every so often until they're ready to go "Here. They're done. Have at it". I mean it's been so long already, what's another two - three months really?

• Vainamoinen and Lee-m like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter, update, kickstarter update, january update, patch, german subtitles, console release, xbox, playstation, enhanced edition, final cut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users