• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:37

I know that probably all of you have already played through DFC, but I have yet to as I have been waiting for the game to be fully finished, patched, and as good as it will ever be before I play through it.

I am not asking for any release dates or anything....all I want to know is if the PC version of DFC is still being worked on. A yes or no would be enough for me.

thank you :)

#2 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:56

Yes and it will be updated with console version.
  • Insulin likes this

#3 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 13:21

Yes and it will be updated with console version.

While that is not official, I find it VERY likely due to agreements with the console publisher. :)

And we actually have a release date: March 24th, 2017.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#4 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 21:49

Thanks for the info.....seems strange to have a release date set so early though, since RTG was so reluctant in giving release dates when working on each chapter. Must be a console thing.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#5 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 22:56

Or probably a publisher thing!
  • Vainamoinen likes this

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 23:28

I agree with odizzio, it's a console thing. :)

Keep in mind that opposed to Steam or GOG, publishers/developers will have to hand in their final build weeks early so Sony and Microsoft can put the game through their verification process... and afterwards they have to make a printer date that's set wayyyy in advance. This has to be planned carefully, no haphazard "we're working on it until two seconds before release". It's the world of consoles and the world of retail. Clocks are still ticking differently there, and the "gold master" still has meaning.

I wouldn't be surprised it RTG has a strict hand-in date for their final build around late January/early February 2017.

Also, that means the PC version will be finished last, in the weeks (or months!) that the console versions are in verification, at the printer and in transit to retailers... and Amazon.

• Philip, Indrid Cold and IorekB like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#7 Lea

Lea

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:19

While that is not official, I find it VERY likely due to agreements with the console publisher. :)

And we actually have a release date: March 24th, 2017.

March??? I really hope they have or Unity have fixed the Unity bug that was crashing mine, and other folks, game when they released Book 5 back in June. I myself have not been able to play the game since then. I keep coming back to see if they have released an update but have seen nothing since June. It's kind of disappointing. I can tell you this I won't be buying another game that uses Unity ever again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users