12 replies to this topic

#1 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:58

Hi everyone,

I just realized this a couple of days ago and decided to create a topic on it.
 Kian and Vamon basically never interact throughout the Dreamfall Chapters. Quite disappointingly enough instead of Kian, Alayna and a bunch of rebels finish off Vamon.

I absolutely hated Vamon, and I really wish that his death was actually on screen, and he was killed by Kian.

What's your opinion on this?

• bongboy likes this

#2 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:19

Kian and Vamon basically never interact throughout the Dreamfall Chapters.

Basically. :huh:  Except that Vamon shoots Kian in the beginning of the game. :evil:

• bongboy and debro like this

#3 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:25

I agree with most of what you've said, except that I like the fact that he was killed by Alayna. It seems a fitting death to me; someone he tried to murder ended up murdering him.

• debro and LootHunter like this

#4 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 08:05

In the end, Vamon was a minor player in the grand scheme of things, and Kian had bigger fish to fry as the saying goes.  Personally, I felt Vamon got the death he deserved.

As for an on-screen death, I don't know.  You know he's dead.  Is there really a need to see it? Would it have any more impact or more meaning if it was?  I don't think so, so saving the animators some time and RTG some money that they could spend on something more meaningful is fine by me.

• LootHunter likes this

#5 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:56

I really wish that Kian's final line from the original Dreamfall was fully utilized. The one that mentioned holding Vamon's beating heart in his hands.

• bongboy and Pawlo_86 like this

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:15

I really wish that Kian's final line from the original Dreamfall was fully utilized. The one that mentioned holding Vamon's beating heart in his hands.

I expected epic Kian vs Vamon scene in Book Five. It never happend. But revenge of Anna was great.

#7 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 12 December 2016 - 16:11

I don't like Vamon's death but I'm happy there is no fight with Kian.
I'm against violence so I would have preferred Vamon be judged and put in jail.

edit: plus I don't like revege themes either :P

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#8 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 16:28

I don't like Vamon's death but I'm happy there is no fight with Kian.
I'm against violence so I would have preferred Vamon be judged and put in jail.

edit: plus I don't like revege themes either :P

I don't like revenge themes either, but that jerk murdered April, he deserved a far worse fate! :)

• the red of the kin likes this

#9 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 14:10

I don't like revenge themes either, but that jerk murdered April, he deserved a far worse fate! :)

technically it was another dude :D

I find the most rewarding "revenge" seeing a murderer understand what he did wrong and becoming a better person.
This is actually Kian's story.

vut we all love them clichè baddies ;-)

#10 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 15:36

technically it was another dude :D

I find the most rewarding "revenge" seeing a murderer understand what he did wrong and becoming a better person.
This is actually Kian's story.

vut we all love them clichè baddies ;-)

You are such a nice person. :)

I actually wish that the final Utana, Vamon Sahya and the Prophet storyline could have handled differently. We never saw what happend to Utana, Sahya got thrown from the tower, and the final conflict with Sahya and the Prophet couldn't be developed further due to time constraints.

• the red of the kin likes this

#11 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 16:47

You are such a nice person. :)

thank you! I mean what I say but I'm aware it's easy to preach when you're not the victim...but thanks: I try.

I actually wish that the final Utana, Vamon Sahya and the Prophet storyline could have handled differently. We never saw what happend to Utana, Sahya got thrown from the tower, and the final conflict with Sahya and the Prophet couldn't be developed further due to time constraints.

Yeah I feel the same way.
Utana and Brian are two extremely interesting characters with much potential for a parallel story.
I would like to know the thought process that got Utana thinking she was going the good for Kian...and how did Brian convince her and all azadi about the concentration camps...or even the dream machine project.
On the latter one I'm sure it was a secret kept among him and very few other but still...
...we're talking about a "man" (he had the undreaming in him) who in a matter of some years got an entire people working for him. We know he couldn't have used magic to convince them for obvious reasons...

..I think it would make an awesome story

#12 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 13 December 2016 - 19:47

Utana and Brian are two extremely interesting characters with much potential for a parallel story.

I think this is one illustration of the issues with the story telling in DFC. The game spends 90% of the time hiding the true plot line from the player, so the main antagonist(s) are pretty much not in it until right at the end, or with very little screen time.

As regards Kian and Vamon... I think how the storylines played out, are quite different from the way it was envisioned in the first game. Originally I think a show down between the two would have been on the cards, but chances are it was changed somewhere along the line (likely with the fight mechanics of the game being axed).

#13 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 20:53

I think when Kian and Saga took the war back to Sadir, Utana was probably arrested in those five years between then and him being king and was probably thrown in a dungeon for the rest of her life or whatever.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users