#41 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:20

We'll try to support modding of some sort. We can't make any promises, it's never been on our list of things we need to do, but we'll try. Would be great! And it's a fantastic idea.

As I said, I'm willing to write the (preliminary as of course, it'd have to be assessed/reviewed/testedToHell/accepted/integrated), code for the music pick up if development time is at a premium. It'd help shave some time off anyway and distract the dev team less.

• Edreamer Jamil and Waagnes like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#42 Waagnes

Waagnes

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:40

I really like the idea! However, not to sound pessimistic, how would this be organised in the end in the form of an album? If "everyone" would be to contribute, that would make a really large album right? Maybe some ground rules would be great? One or two songs per person, for example? What do you people think?

#43 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:42

Perhaps the community can vote? And then 20 or more songs get to be included in the album.

• mrKnask likes this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#44 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:46

Something like that. Say 20 of the top 40 to be in the album, order choice to be further voted upon based on mixes/suggestions?

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#45 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:49

I'm all for plenty of submissions. I plan to make my own 'Album' mixtape out of my favourites, although I'm of course good also with the plan to end up with a community voted Album.

I'm not sure if placing too many entry restrictions is necessary just yet (although I understand where you're coming from Waagnes)

EDIT : Yup something along the lines of Diskjunky's suggestion works for me
  • DiskJunky likes this

#46 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:52

How about vote separately for Arcadian and Stark music?

• Edreamer Jamil and toremygg like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#47 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:53

Can we have this pinned, please? It's nice to have it more easily available to everyone.

Done :)

• Jecica, Edreamer Jamil, DiskJunky and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#48 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:54

yeah, I was just spitballing to be honest. I know some works wouldn't make it on their own but would totally work in an album format. Likewise, a standalone work could be brilliant but not so good in an album format. I think that we should probably wait and see what we get first really

#49 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:54

Thanks Tina! :)

#50 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 August 2014 - 23:17

So, how about: we wait for submissions until the original deadline (September 12th), and then we decide what to do? The brainstorming can continue anyway.

Btw, I'm also thinking about a Stark/Arcadia 2-side album, which would be nice. But so far we have a lot more Stark music :) And maybe a small booklet could be made with some graphics?

• Edreamer Jamil and Waagnes like this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#51 Waagnes

Waagnes

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 23:33

So, how about: we wait for submissions until the original deadline (September 12th), and then we decide what to do? The brainstorming can continue anyway.

Btw, I'm also thinking about a Stark/Arcadia 2-side album, which would be nice. But so far we have a lot more Stark music :) And maybe a small booklet could be made with some graphics?

I agree with MailMan: Just let the creativity flow and we figure out such specific guidelines in the future. However, we should also make a compilation of ALL the works that have been submitted, thus leaving no creative souls out. The top 20 for each album though, one for Stark and the other for Arcadia, would be great.

If everyone could upload the through only one service, the managing of the songs would be much easier.

Graphics would have been awesome!

#52 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 August 2014 - 23:37

Maybe until it's decided what to do, the entry links (including those that were posted in the original announcement topic) could be added to the opening post of this thread?

• Waagnes likes this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#53 Waagnes

Waagnes

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:01

Maybe until it's decided what to do, the entry links (including those that were posted in the original announcement topic) could be added to the opening post of this thread?

That, or use a post only for submission of such links that is also going to be pinned. Either way is fine, as long as people understand that "this is the place to submit". 

#54 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:02

Yeah, definitely think we should do some type of voting to narrow down the amount of songs that get put on each side. As I said before, maybe we can have RTG vote as well though I'm not sure how much they want their hands on this now.

Perhaps instead of having our music actually in the game, they can vote on their favorite songs and make a video on Youtube showcasing said songs and showing different areas in the game. Speaking about how that song would have been good for that specific area, etc. Just an idea.

#55 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:08

I think that would actually take more time/effort for them than just playing music from a particular folder on the pc (few hours for playing music, many days/weeks for commentary)

#56 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:10

I think that would actually take more time/effort for them than just playing music from a particular folder on the pc (few hours for playing music, many days/weeks for commentary)

Yeah true, but if you think about it they were already to planning to listen to tons of submissions from now to Sept 12th anyway which would taken quite a bit of time I'm sure. I'm sure they could still find time for that. Or even if they can't this could be something done after the game is completely finished.

#57 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:11

wait and see I guess - I'm not in a position to make a call on anything right now. Let's see what comes up and deal with things as we need to deal with them :)

• Waagnes likes this

#58 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:21

Here's my song. :

http://soundcloud.co...t/clubeuropolis

• khh, Lee-m, Veen Friend and 1 other like this

#59 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:26

Good news, everyone!

(Please read that in your best Professor Farnsworth voice.)

After seeing all the positive initiative in this thread, and after a brief chat with our chief code dude this morning, we've decided to put support for music modding high up on our to-do list. In other words, you'll be able to place your own music into a directory and have it play throughout Europolis — and, later, Marcuria.

It's not the same as having the music be part of the game proper, but it's a decent compromise. And if our community creates an unofficial compilation album, we will definitely make sure players know about it. Without making it seem like we're taking advantage, of course.

And, hey, if you want Taylor Swift to blast out of every bar and radio in Europolis, you'll have that option, too.

• wandrew, Tina, Jecica and 28 others like this

#60 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3527 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:35

And, hey, if you want Taylor Swift to blast out of every bar and radio in Europolis, you'll have that option, too.

I suppose there are worse ways to die.

• agirlnamedbob, DiskJunky, UPtimist and 3 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users