#21 cthulhie

cthulhie

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGreater Chicago Metropolitan Area (ahem), IL

Posted 27 August 2014 - 18:55

MailMan: The way you picture it is so spot on!  It would fit so naturally.

Also, I adore that youtube is pretty sure that Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 are related videos.  I'm sure that's an organic connection based on essential tonal similarities.  Rather than, say, a stealth ad.

#22 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 19:06

Totally doesn't matter, but I just needed to say that I was going to try to record something with my friend's broken mandolin :D It's literally partially broken and is absolutely out of tune, but I love its sound and I thought it could make a freaky song for some street musician in Marcuria to play. Maybe I'll go visit him soon and record something improvisational while I'm there (he's the same friend whose mic I'd borrow anyways).

• mrKnask, Bruno and MailMan like this
The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#23 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 August 2014 - 19:11

MailMan: The way you picture it is so spot on!  It would fit so naturally.

Also, I adore that youtube is pretty sure that Taylor Swift and Maroon 5 are related videos.  I'm sure that's an organic connection based on essential tonal similarities.  Rather than, say, a stealth ad.

Darn, I got David Guetta and Hillary Duff, you got off better :D

Thanks, everyone :)

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#24 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:02

Here are a few songs from my friend rapper\producer Atari Blitzkrieg that were going to possibly be submitted. A couple of these were possibly songs that would be on a radio.

https://soundcloud.c...s-inside-the-1

"Inside the Glass Menagerie (Original Mix)

https://soundcloud.c...ness-inside-the

"Inside the Glass Menagerie" (Atari's Perfect Specimen Remix)

https://soundcloud.c...-jonathon-newby

"Inside the Glass Menagerie"

https://soundcloud.c...zkrieg-beezle-2

Atari Blitzkrieg "Beezle 2"

https://soundcloud.c...krieg-the-chill

Atari Blitzkrieg "The Chill" Feat. Paul Duncan (prod. Digital Fiend)

https://soundcloud.c...ieg-the-reality

Atari Blitzkrieg "The Reality of Black" (Instrumental)

https://soundcloud.c...rieg-astronaunt

Atari Blitzkrieg "Astronaunt Grub"

We of course, had a lot more stuff from him lined up that he has worked on but I'm not sure now if any of that will be seeing the light of day unless I talk to him about possibly becoming part of this album. In any case, even if not I may be able to grab a couple tracks he worked on and share them still. He was working on stuff with a more cyberpunk feel to them. If anyone is interested to hear that stuff, let me know.

• Edreamer Jamil, khh, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

#25 Abel

Abel

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:16

Here's my song - I imagined it being played by a troupe of traveling musicians on a street or a square in Marcuria.

The Dusk of Arcadia

bennisines, these are some pretty neat tunes. Not the kind of stuff I generally listen to, either, but if - for whatever reason - I'd stumble into a place where electronic music was the thing, and your songs were on, I wouldn't complain  ;)

Wow, I could see this really being used for some arcadia village or other place, nice work!

• MailMan likes this

#26 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:19

Here's my song - I imagined it being played by a troupe of traveling musicians on a street or a square in Marcuria.

The Dusk of Arcadia

bennisines, these are some pretty neat tunes. Not the kind of stuff I generally listen to, either, but if - for whatever reason - I'd stumble into a place where electronic music was the thing, and your songs were on, I wouldn't complain  ;)

Yeah this is cool, I could definitely see this being used for Marcuia.

• blaster and MailMan like this

#27 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:47

Wow, I could see this really being used for some arcadia village or other place, nice work!

I agree. Maybe some nice rebels hangout in the local pub can use this song )

• MailMan likes this

blasted be the balance

#28 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:55

Pay me a 100 bucks and I might consider joining you... ;)
Just kidding, nice initiative!!! I might send in something later on, since I started working on a song anyway. :)

• DiskJunky likes this

#29 bennisines

bennisines

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:58

Nice to see hear some songs here :) Not what I usually listen to but I liked it! Good melodies, made me want to plug in my guitar and jam on top of it :)

Go ahead and record over it and post a remix. Would be awesome :D Or record a track I can add and remix into it. Would love some guitars. I'm not a very good guitar player myself.

• mrKnask likes this

#30 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:59

Thank you, I'm glad you guys like it.

ostubash, I skimmed through the songs, and Beezle 2 was my favourite. Ulver comes to mind when I listen to it, and that's a high compliment ;)

• ostubash likes this

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#31 bennisines

bennisines

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:01

bennisines--I'm really liking the sound of those tracks as both compelling and able to serve as a strong backdrop without being utterly distracting on their own.  I realize it's a little touchy commenting that the music is able to be ignored, but I truly mean it in the best way!  Love them both and would totally have them on in the background of my play sessions.

That's ok, and thanks a lot! That's usually how I imagine my songs being used. I'd love for them to be a backdrop in a game. Which is why, you know, I wanted to contribute to the competition!

#32 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:13

Here's a Soundcloud link to a song I wanted send in that I made earlier; Athens Within. I wrote it when riots were going on in Europe some years ago, that started in Athens, and spreaded like a virus, and came to some sort of climax in the U.K.

https://soundcloud.c...t/athens-within

• khh and thelj like this

#33 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:15

Here's a Soundcloud link to a song I wanted send in that I made earlier; Athens Within. I wrote it when riots were going on in Europe some years ago, that started in Athens, and spreaded like a virus, and came to some sort of climax in the U.K.

https://soundcloud.c...t/athens-within

Interesting. I like! :)

• maDSaint likes this

#34 Chikyuu

Chikyuu

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTrondheim, Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:41

Hmmm...

Disk 1: Europolis

Disk 2: Marcuria

Bonus Track: A song/piece written and performed by this forum "Whitacre style" ^_^

• khh, DiskJunky, UPtimist and 1 other like this

ゆめゆめうたがうことなかれ 夢見る子供 の ゆめ の ゆめ

yume yume utagau koto nakare, yume miru kodomo no yume no yume

#35 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:43

Maybe RTG could provide a hook, setting, or predefined location where the player could put MP3 files.  Then we could put the DFC Unofficial Album or any other music into our game.  Surely that wouldn't be controversial.

Edit:  Doh, it looks like this was already suggested.

http://redthreadgame...ge-7#entry22851

• DiskJunky and maDSaint like this

#36 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:56

Maybe RTG could provide a hook, setting, or predefined location where the player could put MP3 files.  Then we could put the DFC Unofficial Album or any other music into our game.  Surely that wouldn't be controversial.

Edit:  Doh, it looks like this was already suggested.

http://redthreadgame...ge-7#entry22851

We'll try to support modding of some sort. We can't make any promises, it's never been on our list of things we need to do, but we'll try. Would be great! And it's a fantastic idea.

• wandrew, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 4 others like this

#37 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1497 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 21:59

Can we have this pinned, please? It's nice to have it more easily available to everyone.

Love everything I've heard so far, I may not be talented at all but I appreciate good music when I hear one. Especially if it's connected to my favourite game series.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#38 bennisines

bennisines

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:03

We'll try to support modding of some sort. We can't make any promises, it's never been on our list of things we need to do, but we'll try. Would be great! And it's a fantastic idea.

Awesome! If not in the original release, maybe it can be kept in mind and patched after release. Would be cool if there were different folders or naming conventions that would load music into the originally intended parts of the game for the competition. For example you could have folders like Stark-Radio, Stark-Jukebox, Marcuria-StreetPerformers and drop fitting music into those folders and they would load into the appropriate spots in the game!

#39 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2416 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:09

There's great music around here already :)

This will be a great (unofficial) album :)

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#40 Noviere

Noviere

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:18

It's awesome that you guys are doing this!

• trentjaspar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users