• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#281 Faxmachinen

Faxmachinen

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 16:56

The only thing such a post accomplishes is creating more animosity, more controversy, more angry rants, more stress for the team, more confusion for the community and less — much less! — focus on the game and on enjoying the positive vibes here on the WORLD'S GREATEST FORUM.

If you want to take something positive from such a post, take the constructive criticism about Red Thread's ability to communicate.

The situation was a lot more complex than you seem to think, and I believe we've stated that many times, in the various channels, so you should really have "caught up" on that as well.

The backer updates on Kickstarter is not one of those channels. The wording in the previous Kickstarter update on the subject really does make it appear that there were some community nay-sayers who ruined it for everyone.

I have a question, though: Since you don't want to burn bridges to whichever entity that has the power to veto your decisions, when do you plan on associating with them, and why?

#282 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3550 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 09 September 2014 - 17:10

Please, leave sleeping dogs alone, don't flog dead horses, and let's all just get on with our lives...?
  • Tina, skadet, Edreamer Jamil and 6 others like this

#283 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 18:11

I have a question, though: Since you don't want to burn bridges to whichever entity that has the power to veto your decisions, when do you plan on associating with them, and why?

It has become clear enough that protest was raised in and received from within a community of professional creatives. That is not necessarily a clearly structured network, and it certainly is not an "entity" with a single opinion on the matter.

It is, however, a rather threatened community the survival of which hinges on self-esteem, vigilance and solidarity; and it is a community that RTG is very much a part of already - as has become clear from Ragnar's frequent "starving artists" comparisons.

The whole fiasco was scary enough for RTG, and it was scary enough for the community. It was probably most scary for Simon Poole though, who received all that feedback directly from what is more or less his professional safety net. It's not difficult to see how he would want to "associate" with them on a daily basis.
  • Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 3 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#284 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 09 September 2014 - 20:26

It's just sour that these people who complain the hardes wouldn't even get out of their bed for doing something for free like that, so they'd have a wide enough array of possibilities to get their next gig. Musicians aren't often hooked to one developer, if they're known they can pass multiple cach registries and not be restricted to a guild like with voice actors are so tied to. (at least in the US). But that on it's own is an insurance that they are getting gigs because it's all so strictly regulated.

I can understand that some are waiting a long time for their next big project, but to be so scrupulous is a bit far out for me.

#285 MaxxieMS

MaxxieMS

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA - California

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:09

Well...rats. I get why but rats.

#286 Inkerlink

Inkerlink

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 03:58

This could have spawned some amazing musical creations.

Such a shame... :(

#287 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7104 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:07

This could have spawned some amazing musical creations.

Such a shame... :(

Not all is lost, check out the unofficial fan music contest. There has been some good stuff submitted over there.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#288 Inkerlink

Inkerlink

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:17

Not all is lost, check out the unofficial fan music contest. There has been some good stuff submitted over there.

Oh wow, I didn't realize this was happening!! This community completely blows me away sometimes! ;.;

• Jecica and trentjaspar like this

#289 Philip

Philip

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationKarlsruhe, Germany

Posted 18 June 2018 - 23:06

Looks like history repeats itself: Ubisoft announced at E3 that for BGE2, they will partner with HitRECord to invite

artists to create content for the game, such as poster designs, radio ads, and music.

Sounds familiar?

Announcement

The Verge: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is defending a controversial plan to crowdsource Beyond Good and Evil 2 art

Random discussion link (thread on GiantBomb)

Will be interesting to see this unfold or fizzle out - I guess that against a big studio like Ubisoft, the opponents of such a concept will have less leverage than against an indie like RTG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users