#261 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:32

I want to record some marital disputes and breaking of crockery for Marcuria. :P

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil and spyked like this

#262 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:17

is that IRL or made up? ;)

• toremygg likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#263 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:25

It would be made up. ;) But I can contribute a real baby crying. Or "talking". :P But that's a bit... dunno... hard to fit into the game.

• Edreamer Jamil and DiskJunky like this

#264 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:31

Maybe I can contribute some random guy screaming at bad driving? ;)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#265 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:23

Would we get into too much trouble if we used Marty McFly's "Hey, I'm walkin' here!" line, I wonder? :P

#266 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:39

If it's limited to our own computer, we can put anything we want in there! One of my favourite things was modding the original DOOM with samples from Return of the Jedi, The People Under The Stairs and Blackadder. Cue hilarious quotes like if a door was locked C3PO would say "I don't think they're going to let us in, R2", plus there was "I'm tired of f***in' around!" and "Don't worry, Bob. He used to try to kill me too." All the brown monsters did plaintive Chewbacca calls as they ran about in the distance. Brought a tear to my glass eye :P

#267 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:58

please, PLEASE give me a link to that! :)

#268 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 29 August 2014 - 13:57

We can of course even include some original TLJ and DF music for our personal selections - 'April Dub' blasting from a passing car perhaps ?
  • spyked likes this

#269 Keated

Keated

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:36

Aww man, not even a musician (in music class in school I basically had to invent my way out of abject failure with something I called 'the chord contraption' xD ) but the idea of the community being this involved made me very happy and excited. It feels like someone's just dropped a worm into a barrel of apples :( [A worm they caught with some sticky candy, obviously :P ]

• DiskJunky and maDSaint like this

#270 Jito463

Jito463

Arcadia Native

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • LocationNebraska, US of A

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:30

I wouldn't mind to have my ass bitt—

I mean, YEAH, NO, OF COURSE. Brisk, chilly, late afternoon walks in the countryside! Manly activities! Woodchopping!

He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.

• Riaise and spyked like this

#271 Myriokephalon

Myriokephalon

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:42

Ignoring the ethics of asking for free music in a competition, which is worth discussing in public at the very least,

Today I learned that a few assholes shouting loud enough and making false accusations matter more than us backers.

#272 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:24

You learned that today?

Seriously though I understand the sentiment.

#273 Myriokephalon

Myriokephalon

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:26

I just caught up.

#274 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:07

Ignoring the ethics of asking for free music in a competition, which is worth discussing in public at the very least,

Today I learned that a few assholes shouting loud enough and making false accusations matter more than us backers.

You misunderstood then. The problem weren't a few assholes shouting, RTG knows how to deal with random assholes. The problem was that people from the music industry got into it, got angry, and it could potentially ruin both current and future business relations for RTG, and it was threatening the future careers of people who worked at RTG. They decided that they could not in good consciousness risk that, and so they pulled the plug on the competition.

If it had just been the usual with the internet screaming hate for no reason, they would have ignored it.

• agirlnamedbob, Mr_Russ and Consili like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#275 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4560 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:42

I just caught up.

Well, let's hope you learned this today, then:

Read everything before you jump to conclusions. Ask before you throw around angry comments.

What you did there is what made this happen in the first place; people assuming the worst and saying their piece before understanding the whole situation.

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#276 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:56

False.

If you "caught up" and read everything, you should know that this is bullshit. We're never afraid of standing up for what we believe in, and our backers matter a lot more than "a few assholes".

The situation was a lot more complex than you seem to think, and I believe we've stated that many times, in the various channels, so you should really have "caught up" on that as well.

We believe our community has turned this around to become a very positive thing, and it's also resulted in us incorporating some music modding support into the game, so there really is no reason to keep whipping up controversy around this. We did what we had to do for many reasons, none of which had to do with assholes shouting louder or us neglecting the wishes of our community.

The only thing such a post accomplishes is creating more animosity, more controversy, more angry rants, more stress for the team, more confusion for the community and less — much less! — focus on the game and on enjoying the positive vibes here on the WORLD'S GREATEST FORUM.

So, yeah, stop it.

• khh, Keated and Consili like this

#277 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 August 2014 - 13:53

So you joined the forums specifically so you could post that?  And then didn't bother to read the 13 other pages in this topic before posting?  Shame on you!!  *sputtering indignantly*  'Nuf said!

• skadet likes this

#278 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 31 August 2014 - 15:57

I just caught up.

So you joined the forums specifically so you could post that?  And then didn't bother to read the 13 other pages in this topic before posting?  Shame on you!!  *sputtering indignantly*  'Nuf said!

Oh... and... um... welcome to the forums?  :rolleyes:

If you are interested in the new unofficial community run music competition, information about it is here:

#279 Myriokephalon

Myriokephalon

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 17:38

False.

If you "caught up" and read everything, you should know that this is bullshit. We're never afraid of standing up for what we believe in, and our backers matter a lot more than "a few assholes".

The situation was a lot more complex than you seem to think, and I believe we've stated that many times, in the various channels, so you should really have "caught up" on that as well.

We believe our community has turned this around to become a very positive thing, and it's also resulted in us incorporating some music modding support into the game, so there really is no reason to keep whipping up controversy around this. We did what we had to do for many reasons, none of which had to do with assholes shouting louder or us neglecting the wishes of our community.

The only thing such a post accomplishes is creating more animosity, more controversy, more angry rants, more stress for the team, more confusion for the community and less — much less! — focus on the game and on enjoying the positive vibes here on the WORLD'S GREATEST FORUM.

So, yeah, stop it.

I wasn't accusing you or RTG of anything. I was making a sad statement about how some outsiders have the ability to shut down a fan-wanted competition like that without any consideration of the nature of the contest. I understand the amount of pressure being put on you guys, and the way I worded it did make it seem like I was blaming you for cowering. I apologize. I just wish that outsiders didn't have far more leverage over our own backed project than we do. That's not a statement against you, it's a statement that this is very screwed up.

If people wanted to boycott these guys, it may just be because that now feels like the only leverage we have against them.

#280 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 18:52

I wasn't accusing you or RTG of anything. I was making a sad statement about how some outsiders have the ability to shut down a fan-wanted competition like that without any consideration of the nature of the contest. I understand the amount of pressure being put on you guys, and the way I worded it did make it seem like I was blaming you for cowering. I apologize. I just wish that outsiders didn't have far more leverage over our own backed project than we did. That's not a statement against you, it's a statement that this is very screwed up.

If people wanted to boycott these guys, it may just be because that now feels like the only leverage we have against them.

Well, that's ironic then. Sorry we misunderstood you. Let's all hug and be friends :)

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users