#241 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:54

stop trying to give the poor man an aneurysm ;) at least until the game's made anyway...

*passes Ragnar a whiskey to calm his nerves*

• honeymaker likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#242 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6169 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 17:59

I don't want anything to bite Ragnar in the ass at all, but I HAVE been looking forward to the actual gallery submissions for more than a year... both those of others as well as mine. :blink:

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#243 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:06

I don't want anything to bite Ragnar in the ass at all, but I HAVE been looking forward to the actual gallery submissions for more than a year... both those of others as well as mine. :blink:

I wouldn't mind to have my ass bitt—

I mean, YEAH, NO, OF COURSE. Brisk, chilly, late afternoon walks in the countryside! Manly activities! Woodchopping!

• wandrew, skadet, Edreamer Jamil and 4 others like this

#244 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:08

careful what you wish for, I think I see a queue forming outside :o

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#245 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:16

Few things make me happier about this forum than the fact that devs occasionally participate in our complete and utter madness.

• Tina, skadet, Edreamer Jamil and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#246 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:33

I wouldn't mind to have my ass bitt—

:blink:  Thats where my line is drawn. But where there's a will there's a way..... the things we do to please  :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Lets pray Ragnar don't read spoilers or fine print. I'm probably getting banned for this one.

Edit: I really need to work on my humor. It is horrible.

• agirlnamedbob and toremygg like this

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#247 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:50

"Developers exploit their fans in order to get their asses bitten for free, instead of hiring starving professional ass-biters, major scandal!"   :P   B) 

• wandrew, Tina, skadet and 3 others like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#248 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:56

How exactly does one become a professional ass-biter?

You know. Just curious. Asking for a friend. ;) 

• trentjaspar likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#249 Veen Friend

Veen Friend

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationDenmark, Køge

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:09

Perhaps it´s into spying and you must have a degrade to go into that... If so, you wouldn´t pass it through...  :P

#250 jlddodger

jlddodger

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationLincoln, NE USA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:29

How exactly does one become a professional ass-biter?

You know. Just curious. Asking for a friend. ;)

There's probably a professional ass-biters guild... with initiation... and dues... what kind of dues you ask... let me get back to you on that... :unsure:

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#251 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:34

What's the median hourly wage of a professional ass-biter? Just asking to see if I should switch careers... I mean, as long as you can choose whose ass you bite, I guess it's not that bad. (right?)

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#252 Pylons of Light

Pylons of Light

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 20:48

Anyway yes we were talking about a future art contest, the one mentioned in the Kickstarter, whose timeline Vainamoinen quoted as being 'a long, long way off'. That intention may now have changed though.

#253 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:12

Ass-biting is probably OK, as log as you don't bite the ass that feeds you.
  • wandrew, DiskJunky, mrKnask and 2 others like this

#254 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:22

ew.

• wandrew and mrKnask like this

#255 pancakeghost

pancakeghost

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:37

w h a t  has this thread turned into *clicks tongue* how indecent 

#256 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4560 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 28 August 2014 - 22:49

I'm laughing out loud now and wondering what the recommended reading for ass-biter school would be.

Few things make me happier about this forum than the fact that devs occasionally participate in our complete and utter madness.

This. This so much.

• agirlnamedbob, trentjaspar and DiskJunky like this

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#257 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 August 2014 - 00:34

Nope, no schooling...just on the job training...don't ask me how I know this though...

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#258 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 August 2014 - 00:35

Thank you so much everyone for this levity...I REALLY needed this today.

• agirlnamedbob and trentjaspar like this

#259 santathehutt

santathehutt

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:17

I don't normally post in these forums or any forums. I'm not a very social person. In fact this is the first and probably the last post I'll make.

But that being said I just had to say something about this. I received the email a couple days ago about the music contest. I just thought "hey that's neat, wish I had some musical talent, maybe I would submit some music". Then closed the email and went on with my day. Then just a few minutes ago I checked my email and the contest has been cancelled due to "strong negative feedback" and it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I read through this thread so I would get the general idea of what was going on. I guess I understand the point of view of some of the critics, but the truth is it was just a gut reaction. Maybe more people, myself included, should think before they respond to something - even on the internet. Rather than have a knee-jerk reaction to a situation that you know nothing about, maybe do a little research before you respond. Because of this, a nice little thing that could have helped the community become more involved with the game has been quashed by a group that really had nothing to do with the situation. And that's just sad.

In the end I think the game will still be great. This won't really have any sort of effect on it. I'm just disappointed - internet, this is why we can't have nice things.

• Riaise likes this

#260 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:19

I generally agree that it's a shame, but if we look at the end result we now have music modding being specifically built into the game by the developers. This now gives us more options and has shown how flexible and accommodating the developers are. So it seems to have ended pretty well!

I can now play the game the first time using all the default music done by the professionals who get paid for it and sticking to the environment and atmosphere the writers originally wanted. This is what I do with all games that include player soundtracks as options, I stick to the defaults at first to get the feel of the original vision. Then I can put my own selection of fan music that I feel is suitable into the specified directory and play the game again using that. This will create serendipitous moments that will be unique and personal for each player. I do believe in introducing random elements into things to allow the universe to speak to me, or to allow my own subconscious to create the meaning for itself - whichever explanation your mindset can accept ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users