#61 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:53

This is great news, and unfortunately ( a ) the internet allows anyone with the slightest comment able to express that, and our egos are lagging behind dealing with such immediate honesty about who we are ( b ) human psychology tends to take a new bonus thing and recalibrate it to be the new norm, so what was initially a positive step very quickly becomes taken for granted and then people can feel aggrieved about this new norm being inadequate because their expectations have expanded accordingly.

Expectations can be hopeful to inspire us forward, but they can also hold us back and make us feel dissatisfied. I blame Platonic idealism, myself :-D

#62 NeilClaimer

NeilClaimer

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:26

That would be ideal, but I think a more realistic release schedule will be PC1, PC2, PS1, PC3, PS2, PS3, PC/PS4, PC/PS5. We want to sync the releases towards the end, but the initial port is going to take some time; it's not simply a matter of pushing a button. Far from it.

(Oh, and don't hold me to this: it's just how I envision the schedule playing out, it might not happen exactly this way.)

Yeah, I already dread all the waiting/avoiding spoilers/parting ways with a kidney or two so I can finally buy a gaming PC, but the bottom line is, it's RTG => it's going to be worth every second of suffering.

Here's hoping PS4 and Sony are nothing but pleasure to work with and we're going to hear Zoë's ringtone coming out of our DualShock 4's sooner than any of us expect.

But however it plays out, thank you, Ragnar!

• Veen Friend likes this

I was born to hold a DualShock · Scrobbling gives me life

I seem to keep waiting for Reza to ask me to pick up a package for him or something

#63 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 16:53

[...] it's RTG => it's going to be worth every second of suffering.

I think that's their corporate slogan!  :D

• popcorngal, Riaise and NeilClaimer like this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#64 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2014 - 21:19

I have PS4 avid PS4 fan and previous consoles, but can you make a disc version for PS4 instead of PSN DD? I backed you for Windows on steam version but due to PS4 HDD constraints, that is, 500GB (400GB actual) HDD space! 

I have used that up already and need to upgrade my HDD.

I would rather have disc for PS4, aS i WAS TOLD YOU CAN only RE-DOWNLOAD A GAME OF YOUR LIBRARY 5 TIMES AND ITS LOCKED OUT THEN...oops sorry caps lock...

#65 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 22:12

I have PS4 avid PS4 fan and previous consoles, but can you make a disc version for PS4 instead of PSN DD? I backed you for Windows on steam version but due to PS4 HDD constraints, that is, 500GB (400GB actual) HDD space! 

I have used that up already and need to upgrade my HDD.

I would rather have disc for PS4, aS i WAS TOLD YOU CAN only RE-DOWNLOAD A GAME OF YOUR LIBRARY 5 TIMES AND ITS LOCKED OUT THEN...oops sorry caps lock...

No, there won't be a disc, and no, there's no limit on how many times you can re-download a game in your library — you can conceivably download it seven million times, but you'd probably run out of life before you managed to do that. There is possibly a limit to how many times you can move your account from one PS4 to another, but I wouldn't know. I'm guessing that won't be a huge issue for most.

The cost involved in giving Dreamfall Chapters a physical release for PS4 is simply staggering and it will never, ever happen.

#66 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 22:12

I think that's their corporate slogan!  :D

It is now.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 5 others like this

#67 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:27

Question will dreamfall chapters make use of the dualshock touchpad in any way just got a ps4 so really wondered about that 

• Lee-m likes this

#68 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:20

Question will dreamfall chapters make use of the dualshock touchpad in any way just got a ps4 so really wondered about that 

Hopefully! We definitely want to use all the cool features of the PS4 — if it suits the game, of course. We have some ideas about what to use the touchpad for, so we'll see what we come up with.

• CosmicD and vaiomaniac like this

#69 vaiomaniac

vaiomaniac

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBronnoysund, Norway

Posted 22 August 2014 - 14:35

Hopefully! We definitely want to use all the cool features of the PS4 — if it suits the game, of course. We have some ideas about what to use the touchpad for, so we'll see what we come up with.

If you push the middle button a scroll menu will pop out while you use the touchpad to navigate.trough the options, just throwing an idea out there.

#70 RedFive

RedFive

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:27

I don't do consoles, so this doesn't mean anything for me personally. But it's a hopeful sign that maybe the game will be able to sell beyond just the community of people who've been waiting on it for years.

It's hard to imagine it will do well, though. How many people are going to take a chance on a direct, story-focused sequel to games they haven't played? In such a niche genre? On console? I just can't see this game having any sort of wide appeal--despite how eager I am to play it.

#71 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:40

I don't do consoles, so this doesn't mean anything for me personally. But it's a hopeful sign that maybe the game will be able to sell beyond just the community of people who've been waiting on it for years.

It's hard to imagine it will do well, though. How many people are going to take a chance on a direct, story-focused sequel to games they haven't played? In such a niche genre? On console? I just can't see this game having any sort of wide appeal--despite how eager I am to play it.

I don't know. I think you'd be surprised. Nostalgia is running pretty strong these days. And, I mean, I've definitely picked up games just because they looked cool and I saw them on Steam / the PSN. My boyfriend has, too. Even ones that are sequels. That's part of why they're making some sort of RecApp. Plus there will be some of us who end up with multiple copies of the game. At least a few people have already made their intentions to buy it a second time for the PS4 clear. Also, Sony does have some dedicated fans who love the indie titles they're bringing in and who will likely check the game out for that reason alone. 

Though I would say this is all the more reason to wheedle all your friends into buying it. :P A handful of people I know are at least a little stoked fot this game just because of how excited I am about it, and so they plan on checking it out once it hits. 

We're still sort of figuring out trends as far as how well games sell after being Kickstarted. This is all still pretty new. But I'm still going to say that the more available the game is to people, the better it is for RTG (and by extension, for us fans of their work). 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#72 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:25

*insert comment on genre-bending games and how they always appeal to a wider audience*

#73 Chope49

Chope49

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 18:51

Is it out yet?? Online the date stated 3/23/2017 yet still no game .What happen now?

#74 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 March 2017 - 18:55

It was delayed until May. Though it seems that fact wasn't communicated well or various places otherwise failed to update the date. 

(EDIT: We started discussing that here and then onward in that thread for anyone who missed the memo and wants to read some of the stuff people linked to.) 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users