15 replies to this topic

#1 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 20:09

I was just browsing through my playlist and noticed the song "Lana & Maud" from the Dreamfall soundtrack. However, I can't remember any characters in the TLJ universe named that way. Anyone any ideas?

#2 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 20:13

Ouch, posted in the wrong section. My humble apologies.

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 16 August 2014 - 20:28

Moved it for ya! (hope this is where you intended it to be) :)
  • maDSaint likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6117 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 20:37

I can't answer the question with the full facts on hand, but I have a theory...

The Dreamfall score uses three tracks by composer Simon Poole: "St. Petersburg", "The Factory" and "Lana & Maud (edit)". However, the composer's name isn't given as Simon Poole for the Lana & Maud track, it's "slipperhero", an alter ego Simon uses on some music sites. My theory would be that this music existed way before Dreamfall, they just decided to use it (as background music for the conversation scene between Emma, Charlie and Zoë) in an edited form (hence the addition "edit"). Its original name, which never had anything to do with Dreamfall, remains.

https://soundcloud.com/slipperhero

• wandrew, Tina, Edreamer Jamil and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#5 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:28

Nice one. Something for the wiki (when I get back). :)

#6 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 22:06

Tina, compliment for your moving skills, if I ever need to move again, I'll let you know (I have this piano that always causes me a terrible backache).

But anyway, where I thought this was an extremely dumb question, it seems a bit harder to answer in the end. Allthough Vinaoniamaionenoion's (I hope I spelled that correctly) theory sounds plausible. ;)

• Tina and trentjaspar like this

#7 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:14

I think I remember coming across a wiki when I googled this years ago that the twins that attack Zoe are Lana and Maud though this is unverified as it's never explicitly said in the game

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#8 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6117 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:20

I think I remember coming across a wiki when I googled this years ago that the twins that attack Zoe are Lana and Maud though this is unverified as it's never explicitly said in the game

Oh, it's in the wiki all right.

It is possible that their names are Maud and Lana respectively and the title of the track from the score reffers [sic!] to them.

A lot of things are "possible".

However, Lana and Maud (edit) plays during Zoë's meetup with Charlie and Emma in the Fringe... no mention of the twins at all in there, zero, zip. It would be one seriously odd choice to name particularly this track after the dynamic duo.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#9 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 August 2014 - 21:54

Yeah, no, that's not right.

I'm not going to spoil the mystery by revealing their names, but it's definitely NOT Lana and Maud.

• Edreamer Jamil, DiskJunky and Rain-Dancer like this

#10 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 August 2014 - 21:56

I can't answer the question with the full facts on hand, but I have a theory...

The Dreamfall score uses three tracks by composer Simon Poole: "St. Petersburg", "The Factory" and "Lana & Maud (edit)". However, the composer's name isn't given as Simon Poole for the Lana & Maud track, it's "slipperhero", an alter ego Simon uses on some music sites. My theory would be that this music existed way before Dreamfall, they just decided to use it (as background music for the conversation scene between Emma, Charlie and Zoë) in an edited form (hence the addition "edit"). Its original name, which never had anything to do with Dreamfall, remains.

https://soundcloud.com/slipperhero

Your theory, sir, is mostly spot on.

Yeah, I know, facts, they are boring. For the most part I'll never jump in and ruin a good conversation with stupid FACTS. But in this case…yeah, there's no greater mystery here.

• Edreamer Jamil, Vainamoinen, maDSaint and 1 other like this

#11 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 25 August 2014 - 21:57

Yeah, no, that's not right.

I'm not going to spoil the mystery by revealing their names, but it's definitely NOT Lana and Maud.

Bastard. :) You've got me curious now ;)

• Edreamer Jamil and trentjaspar like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#12 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 25 August 2014 - 22:28

That gives us licence to come up with names for the twins!

I called them "Hinge & Bracket" to myself. I imagined this is how they misspent their youth.

#13 maDSaint

maDSaint

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 15:26

Your theory, sir, is mostly spot on.

Yeah, I know, facts, they are boring. For the most part I'll never jump in and ruin a good conversation with stupid FACTS. But in this case…yeah, there's no greater mystery here.

Well, that's clear then.

I always used to refer to the twins as "The Twins".

#14 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:17

The twins' names can spoil the mystery?  :huh:

Umm...Heckle and Jeckle,long lost nieces of Crow?

Seriously,how can the names of the twins,of all people,spoil part of the mystery?Are we talking first names or last name?Like,say,McAllen or some other familiar last name?

#15 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6117 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:22

Be thankful for the smaller mysteries. Nothing's worse than mystery with an incomprehensible solution.

#16 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:47

Be thankful for the smaller mysteries. Nothing's worse than mystery with an incomprehensible solution.

No argument there.

I just assumed,because until now i never connected the twins with any mystery,small or big-just two lackeys of the bad guys,that they are somehow connected with one of the bigger mysteries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users