Photo

The Longest Journey - remastered - Petition (It had to happen guys).

remake remastered hd please

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 17:51

I would definitely buy a remake of TLJ with improved/modernized graphics.  Too bad it will probably never happen.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#22 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 19:07

Likely the only way it will happen if if the fans do it.  I've seen some fan projects like that and they look amazing!  Just look at what the Starry Expanse guys are doing for Riven.  It's certainly possible, but it's going to take a lot of work to build things up from scratch.

#23 hyfrehyfre

hyfrehyfre

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:35

Hey thanks for that INFO TINA, im looking towards those places or history gaps , and you made me think and remember, how important is to support This guys on they're new games, i sadly know that Dreamfall Chapters is not getting the attention they want :....(  , but maybe!! with that horror based game they are trying to make, am i right?, what was the name...the one that they showed in a conference back in February was it??, the one in the wooden house... i mean in this days with the PEWDIPIE phenom going on that's the path i think this guys must follow...just an idea, whatever im sure that one will make more money than dreamfall,

Myself already supported Dreamfall as far my economics alows to, i wish that eventually TLJ remake will get profitable enough to call the attention on the people in FUNCOM, and they will obviously call Ragnar right? who else would be the guy to supervise that EA??.

I mean this conference BTW

• Tina likes this

#24 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:56

....(  , but maybe!! with that horror based game they are trying to make, am i right?, what was the name...the one that they showed in a conference back in February was it??, the one in the wooden house... i mean in this days with the PEWDIPIE phenom going on that's the path i think this guys must follow...just an idea, whatever im sure that one will make more money than dreamfall,

The game is "Draugen" and I really really looking forward to that one :D

This with OR/Morpheus would/will be amazing I think! :D

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#25 km3k

km3k

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 14:55

Look what I found on NeoGAF:

https://itunes.apple...d588470809?mt=8

It appears to be out in New Zealand now and should be out elsewhere in the next day.

Edit: It seems to be confirmed by Pocket Gamer: http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=62236

• wandrew likes this

#26 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 October 2014 - 15:39

Look what I found on NeoGAF:

https://itunes.apple...d588470809?mt=8

It appears to be out in New Zealand now and should be out elsewhere in the next day.

Edit: It seems to be confirmed by Pocket Gamer: http://www.pocketgam...ews.asp?c=62236

Wha... talk about out of the blue (or at least out of the deep deep dark sea not probably that far from The Blue )

Nothing on the UK store yet....

Screenshots look nice - sure the size of those shots is smaller but those characters (the bavarians for example) definitely look limproved

#27 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 27 October 2014 - 16:28

Remastered ? looks like they just ran the original though WINE added some AA post processing and are selling it.

#28 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 October 2014 - 16:48

Remastered ? looks like they just ran the original though WINE added some AA post processing and are selling it.

Then it would still look better than any NVidia card user could currently experience on PC.

I'll certainly pick it up - I intend to use it to explain and demonstrate TLJ to friends and family when they ask me about DFC (often they do if I wear one of the T-Shirts)

#29 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 16:49

Hey, if it generates interest in DFC, I don't care how "Remastered" it is or isn't. :P

• Edreamer Jamil, khh and toremygg like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#30 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 27 October 2014 - 16:50

Then it would still look better than any NVidia card user could currently experience on PC. I'll certainly pick it up - I intend to use it to explain and demonstrate TLJ to friends and families when they ask me about DFC (often they do if I wear one of the T-Shirts)

Thats cool. But is that what qualifies as remastered these days ?

#31 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 October 2014 - 17:00

Wow, nice timing indeed. But apparently next to zero advertisement of the iOS port (I mean if they didn't bother to tell Ragnar about it ... )
Are ninjas making Funcom's PR decisions? ;)

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#32 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 October 2014 - 17:10

Wow, nice timing indeed. But apparently next to zero advertisement of the iOS port (I mean if they didn't bother to tell Ragnar about it ... )

I hear Joel Bylos is Bujinkan-trained ;)

#33 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 17:10

I think you are discrediting ninjas world wide by calling Funcom's PR ninjas. More like hermits?

#34 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:08

Please don't be a soft-launch

;)

#35 Flakes

Flakes

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:18

Soft-launch?

#36 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:46

Right now it still seems to be a Kiwi only launch - come on Funcom !

#37 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 27 October 2014 - 22:31

Soft-launch?

That happened with Assassin's Creed Identity last month. You can already play it in Australia and New Zealand, but the rest oft the world has to wait until 2015. So it's more of a beta version, but they call it soft-launch for whatever reason.

#38 Forwyn

Forwyn

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGiżycko, Poland.

Posted 27 October 2014 - 22:41

About remastered version... All i wish is a The Longest Journey's Prologue in Dreamfall Chapters style :)

#39 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 27 October 2014 - 23:05

That happened with Assassin's Creed Identity last month. You can already play it in Australia and New Zealand, but the rest oft the world has to wait until 2015. So it's more of a beta version, but they call it soft-launch for whatever reason.

Guess it may be up to Wandrew & his Oceanic compatriots to give us the lowdown
  • wandrew likes this

#40 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 27 October 2014 - 23:09

Let's wait until midnight in England to see if pocketgamer.uk is right about it being released today or not.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users