2 replies to this topic

#1 othertomperson

othertomperson

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 21:31

Hi

Sorry for the suggestion spam, but this is another issue that's niggling at me with Chapters. Last one I swear. Promise.

So I stick it on the TV, recline with my Steam Controller (which out of the box support for is fantastic, btw), and start playing. Then I see that objects near Zoe are interactable because a tiny white dot has appeared on them. I interact with others and I see four dots, with what appears to be a line of text far too small to be legible next to them.

I could get around this by dropping in-game resolution all the way down to 720p (or possibly even lower, some of the text is incredibly small). However, in a game that looks as good as this, to turn it into an array of lego bricks seems a bit of a shame. Would it be possible to include an option for making in-game text bigger?

#2 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 21:56

What's your resolution? In 1080 on my TV the text was fine, nothing like "four dots".

I remember that some time ago bigger resolutions than 1080 were not supported, and even produced bugs (such as parts of the interface missing, making puzzles unsolvable). I don't know if that's still the case.

#3 othertomperson

othertomperson

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 22:03

What's your resolution? In 1080 on my TV the text was fine, nothing like "four dots".

I remember that some time ago bigger resolutions than 1080 were not supported, and even produced bugs (such as parts of the interface missing, making puzzles unsolvable). I don't know if that's still the case.

Well it kind of doesn't matter? Like the problem is that the pixels appear smaller the further you sit from the TV, and a TV by its nature tends to be a fair distance from you. If your specific room is such that at 1080p your text is a good size for you then... well that doesn't do much to solve my problem, does it? And if i am trying to make use of a 4K TV that has very little content for outside of video games, well they're pretty cheap these days so it should be considered that more and more people have them now.

The game does support 4K, and at a standard sitting distance from a 28" 4K display the text size is not an issue (fortunately), but like I said I'd have to turn my TV's resolution down to 720p or below to use it comfortably. Really text size needs to be scalable to accommodate both higher resolutions (including those not really available yet, unless you're expecting people to play the game once and in the near future only), TVs of varying sizes and distances, and combinations of these factors.

"This isn't a problem that I experience" and "this isn't a problem because I don't experience it" are two different statements you'd do well to not conflate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users