• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#41 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 September 2014 - 23:52

It happened one night. You might call it a 'nocturnal omission'.

tumblr_m3kaj27Uva1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

• wandrew and trentjaspar like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#42 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 15 September 2014 - 23:28

"The Spoken World": Language versions: The French language version will likely be made only after all five episodes have released in the English language (no official comment); the German voices will release together with the English following an agreement with EuroVideo. Voice actors: Apart from Sarah Hamilton, there have not yet been any voice actor announcements from the original cast.

Any more word on language options? I might have missed something, or maybe nudge someone to tell! I'm particularly interested in the French version, alors magnez-vous, les gars! :-D

#43 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 September 2014 - 00:41

(posting from memory, if I'm wrong -it's very possible- I hope to be corrected by the ... proper authorities)

I think Ragnar said that the split to episodic caused some renegotiations with the French localizers that will probably lead to delays in the French version. (personal assumption: French dub won't be ready for Book 1's launch but it will definitely be there before the last book, hopefully sooner than that).

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#44 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:02

Ahh that's the reason. Fair enough. Must be hard to work with different schedules and actors' other work, etc. I will play it in English first as it gets released, then do a replay in French as a treat at the end. Merci!

#45 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:58

(posting from memory, if I'm wrong -it's very possible- I hope to be corrected by the ... proper authorities)

... am I a "proper authority"?

The only quote I have in mind concerned the Polish language version, and a date wasn't given for that. I guess that Polish will only be done after episode five, and the same would probably apply to French. A concentrated translation/voiceover work after Book 5 will probably yield the better results anyway.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#46 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:18

You're right (and I was wrong, I should stop trusting my proven-to-be-faulty memory), that's the quote I was remembering but it is about the Polish version. So, that means that we haven't heard anything official about the French version (it's still a funded Kickstarter goal though so it should be done by Book 5).

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#47 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:21

I've been shaping up the FAQ quite a bit during the last days - bracing myself for repeated news impact these next few weeks...

Erika's right, the forum really has a bad case of the tumbleweeds. This may change quickly if Chapters has a modicum of success. Not the "Walking Dead" kind of success, but STILL.

• khh and toremygg like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#48 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:11

Thank you so much for this FAQ! I was finally able to redeem my forum badge and download wallpapers :-)

• Vainamoinen and trentjaspar like this

#49 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:02

I really waited for this game on GOG and now that you finally are able to preorder it I must see that it is regional priced which I consider a shame because there is no reason that some people should pay more for the same game from the same server. I hate this and I certainly will not support or reward such things. I understand that you have to earn the money to finish the other chapters and to finance Journey Home but please do this fair and not the way it is now. Don't discriminate some countries because they have some people in their country who earn more - I don't. It really is a shame and I really would like an explanation from the devs WHY this should be fair behaviour and why I still should buy the game. Some people really should not forget that there are always ways nowadays to get the software you want without paying a thing (not that I would support that) and one should attract potential customers and not make them angry. I am very, very disappointed! Please explain.

#50 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:13

I think it's GOG who put the regional pricing in place, rather than RTG. Also, you can still pledge, which is cheaper then pre-ordering, but that option will be closing later today.

I don't really understand this regional pricing thing. You can still pay in US dollars, if that's cheaper than in your native currency.

#51 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:14

@MarkoH01: I don't speak for RTG (I'm just a fan), but I think the "reason" for regional pricing could be that the local European publishers (like the one doing the German localization, offering even a physical version of the game) do not want to have a digital competition that is cheaper than them because of the dollar to euro conversion.

You should also take into account that GoG gives you back the money difference in store credit (6,2€ right now), and that also if you pre-order through the RTG page (last chance to do that today!) you get charged in dollars.

It's good that you support great causes like no regional pricing (I'm with you in general), but I would implore you to look everything on a case-by-case basis. In this particular occasion, if you decide to abstain from experiencing Chapters because of the regional pricing, you wouldn't really advance your cause (DF:Chapters is sadly a small fish in the big pond of the gaming industry) but you would only deny yourself an amazing experience and also deny a very dedicated and passionate team of the money to continue making games with soul.

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and Riaise like this

#52 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:38

I think it's GOG who put the regional pricing in place, rather than RTG. Also, you can still pledge, which is cheaper then pre-ordering, but that option will be closing later today.

I don't really understand this regional pricing thing. You can still pay in US dollars, if that's cheaper than in your native currency.

I did not know that I can still pledge and if I read correctly it would be 25$ and I am getting a GOG key?

Regarding whose decision the regional pricing was. GOG never wanted regional pricing but there are some publishers who forces them to use it. Because of that GOG gives store credit from their own pockets (so they don't really win anything) but that is not the same as if I could just pay the sama amount as everyone in the US.

Regarding the possibility to pay in $: no help because if the system regognizes I am from Germany it gives me a higher $ prize because of that stupid and unfair regional pricing thing.

#53 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:42

I did not know that I can still pledge and if I read correctly it would be 25$ and I am getting a GOG key?

You can, it would be 25 USD, and you would be able to choose to get a GOG key (the other choice is a Steam key).

• MarkoH01 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#54 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:45

@MarkoH01: I don't speak for RTG (I'm just a fan), but I think the "reason" for regional pricing could be that the local European publishers (like the one doing the German localization, offering even a physical version of the game) do not want to have a digital competition that is cheaper than them because of the dollar to euro conversion.

You should also take into account that GoG gives you back the money difference in store credit (6,2€ right now), and that also if you pre-order through the RTG page (last chance to do that today!) you get charged in dollars.

It's good that you support great causes like no regional pricing (I'm with you in general), but I would implore you to look everything on a case-by-case basis. In this particular occasion, if you decide to abstain from experiencing Chapters because of the regional pricing, you wouldn't really advance your cause (DF:Chapters is sadly a small fish in the big pond of the gaming industry) but you would only deny yourself an amazing experience and also deny a very dedicated and passionate team of the money to continue making games with soul.

Your reaseon sounds logical and could be a possibility that I would somehow understand and accept.
Store credit is not the same as keeping the money. Economically speaking I could invest the mones I am keeping making even more money. Store credit is bound to GOG. As I told I did not know that I still can preorder in $ (which I will do know that I know).

I know what you mean with your last sentence and it is BECAUSE I like the team and their games so much that I was so disappointed at first. Now that I know I can preorder in $ here on the page I will do this and don't think further. Still it would be interesting what the real reason for the RP was according to RTG.

#55 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:46

Ja, Mann, jetzt mach schon. ;)

#56 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:52

Ja, Mann, jetzt mach schon. ;)

Und bestellt. Meine Güte, warum sagt mir denn keiner, dass ich mich gar nicht aufregen muss und es einen wunderbaren Alternativweg mit dem gleichen Ergebnis gibt. Sollte man bei GOG eigentlich auch gleich ins Forum schreiben, denn da regen sich auch schon Leute über das RP auf (ausser mir).

And ordered. OMG why did nobody tell me that there is no need to worry and that there is a very good alternative with the same result? Somebody should post this on GOG because I am not the only one whou didn't want to buy because of the RP.

Thank you all for your help - now I am happy again and anxious to experience the conclusion of Dreamfall :)

#57 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:56

I don't think it's "polite" to post at the GoG forum about another place people can get the game (even if that option is only for less than one day). So I won't post something about that. If you feel like it, though, maybe make a post yourself?

Also, it's worth noting, that because Steam/GoG take a significant percentage of the revenue, RTG have said that they prefer people buying from their website (they get more money per sale). 

#58 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 October 2014 - 17:04

They didn't say they preferred. They said that they were making more money off of pledges than they would via a preorder. Subtle, but possibly important difference. 

;)

I think they want to make it clear that people can go to GOG to get the game to get the hype wagon rolling. Which is equally important. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#59 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 October 2014 - 17:08

Good point. More sales on GoG/Steam are important as well to rise up the ranks of the "popular games" lists, which leads to more sales in a vicious circle!  :D

#60 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 17:13

I don't think it's "polite" to post at the GoG forum about another place people can get the game (even if that option is only for less than one day). So I won't post something about that. If you feel like it, though, maybe make a post yourself?

Also, it's worth noting, that because Steam/GoG take a significant percentage of the revenue, RTG have said that they prefer people buying from their website (they get more money per sale). 

I already did post a link to this forum. For me it is a double win situation. Take a step against regional pricing (although I love GOG but in the end it was their own decision) and give the devs more money to develop the game. I think I did the right thing by pledging. If only I had known this earlier.

Question: Have they already said how the keys will arrive and how you can decide to get it on STEAM or GOG? There was no such question as I pledged.

• Tina likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FAQ, answers without questions;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users