Please note that this is an unofficial FAQ that isn't maintained all too regularly. Sources are checked as thoroughly as possible, but mistakes and outdated info will likely still occur. If you spot something that's wrong or would like to add or ask anything, please just post in this thread!
(1) Backer reward retrieval steps, Backerkit, Humble Store [updated November 5th, 2015]
- To receive and retrieve all your rewards, you will need your Backerkit as well as a Humble Store account.
- Link your Kickstarter/Paypal pledge to your Humble account by using the same email address. In your Humble account/Library page, click "claim past purchases". That should generate an entry for Dreamfall Chapters at the bottom of the Humble game page.
- Afterwards, link your RTG forum account to the Humble account by redeeming your backer code from Humble and adding it to this forum (detailed instructions here). This should give you a forum badge.
- note that the Humble Store only displays digital rewards, and it only displays the highest corresponding pledge level that gives digital rewards. Don’t worry then if the Humble Store displays a lower or slightly different pledge level than the one you have pledged!
- The Backerkit, on the other hand, should absolutely display the correct pledge level.
- some of the digital rewards, like wallpapers, are already available via Humble. From the Dreamfall Chapters main page, click on "audio" to retrieve the soundtrack of Book 1 and on "ebooks" to get the Book 1 artbook and Propast map.
- You have to follow a slightly different process to redeem copies of The Longest Journey purchased via the Kickstarter. (detailed instructions here)
(2) Stretch goal & reward delivery [updated August 10th, 2018]
- "Apples & Penguins" DELIVERED — these episode versions released together with the PC/Windows versions.
- "The Loremaster" CANCELLED — the hunt for the library books will never be in the game.
- "A Longer Journey" DELIVERED — Abnaxus is in more than half the Books.
- "The House of all Worlds" DELIVERED — The HoaW is definitely in Chapters, starting with Book 1.
- "Storytime" CANCELLED : the recap of Dreamfall’s story as an interactive graphic novel has been postponed several times (source, source, discussion thread). The recap video accessible from the Dreamfall Chapters menu was explicitly not supposed to be a substitute of any kind. However, since it has been substituted by a second version of that video in the Final Cut, it's obvious that it will remain that substitute forever.
- "A Richer World": PARTLY DELIVERED/CANCELLED — There were, to my knowledge, never any real instrument recording sessions for the music as promised in the Kickstarter. The singer/songwriter in the game is Egil Olsen, featured in Book 1 and 2. There supposedly was to be another fan art contest the winners of which were meant to be featured in Emma's gallery, but no call for art submissions was issued, and the contest itself was probably cancelled after some harsh negative reactions by industry professionals to a planned Chapters fan music contest. Eventually, the entire in-game gallery stretch goal was scrapped.
- "The Spoken World" PARTLY DELIVERED/CANCELLED — Language versions: As of now, the German language version is complete with voices. There are French subtitles. Since the game was finished, none of the many fan questions concerning the outstanding French voices was answered by RTG officials on this forum, the Steam forums or twitter. The Voice actors: From the original TLJ/DF cast, Sarah Hamilton (April), Roger Raines (Crow), André Sogliuzzo (Blind Bob) and Ralph Byers (Brian Westhouse/Roper Klacks) return.
- "The Longest Journey Home" — This stretch goal has not been reached. After initial enthusiasm about another Kickstarter for the game, Ragnar has cast a lot of doubt on whether TLJH will ever happen (source).
- Forum Badges DELIVERED JUN 2014 — see above for retrieval instructions
- Wallpapers DELIVERED — see above for retrieval instructions
- T-Shirts DELIVERED
- Digital Copy of the game DELIVERED OCT 2014 — see above for retrieval instructions
- Boxed Copy of the game DELIVERED — The digipak version was sent to backers of the lowest tiers. To save p&p costs, higher tier backers who receive additional physical rewards have not yet gotten their 'boxed' copy.
- Journeys:Birth POSTPONED — release date is still unknown, several dates set by RTG have passed, among them the initial 2013 date for the text version and the October 21st, 2014 date for some of the short stories to be available to Special Edition regular customers.
- The Art of Dreamfall chapters DELIVERED OCT 2014/PENDING — Book 1's artbook can be retrieved via PDF/Humble (see above). The complete PDF is still not out. The printed full version is still pending. The "Special Editions" of DFC will not receive an update to the full artbook!
- The Tome of the Balance PENDING
- Making-of video CANCELLED — If no one shot proper video footage during development, no way we'll get a sensible making of video years after development has ceased.
- Journeys Graphic Novel PENDING
- Official Soundtrack DELIVERED OCT 2014/PENDING — The full Final Cut soundtrack is still not available to backers. The penultimate cut OST is available to backers 50$+ via Humble.
- USB key PENDING — concept art/mockups have been shown, but nothing else.
- Map of Arcadia PENDING — a glimpse of the map was shown in Book 4. Artist Christoffer 'Sunrider' Grav has posted that more locations will be added to that map in the backer version (source).
- Backer earlier access DELIVERED OCT 2014/CANCELLED — Book 1 was delivered 24 hours early to Steam users. Piracy concerns have brought RTG to not do that again for the following episodes.
- Additional clothing/hairstyle/accessories PARTLY DELIVERED JULY 2017 WITH THE FINAL CUT/PARTLY CANCELLED
- Backer names in the credits DELIVERED OCT 2014
Edited by Vainamoinen, 10 August 2018 - 10:30.