lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:18

Hello,

So far being a backer is almost as interesting and challenging as one can hope the future Dreamfall Chapters to be.

Or maybe like getting through The labyrinth of the Minotaur?

Or it could be like finding the right office with Social Security?

This is how it goes.

OK, creating a Kickstarter account and pledging is easy. :)

Then a first account to get access to the forums (seamless and automatic, as long as you do it manually). -_-

Then with the forum problems a need to create a new account for the new forum (same manual seamlessness as above) <_<

Hanging out in the forum (the second one) it seems that the first wallpapers are available on HumbleBundle.

Great, I need to create an account there.

Creation (need I say manual!) of the account. :unsure:

No trace of wallpapers or other rewards  :mellow:

Finally found in the forum (well worth the double account creation!) how to find the right backer page.

Now it is needed to connect the page to the HumbleBundle account (Lucky I created it before. :P )

It worked, Cool  :)

To have my backer badge showing up in the forum, I need the licence key. :wacko:

To obtain it I go the the HumbleBundle page, generate the key, Cmd-C, jump to the forum, find the page where the licence key needs to be entered, Cmd-V.

My badge shows up, and I feel quite accomplished  :ehehe:

Now there should be a backerkit page....

I go there, dreamfall.backetkit.com, Trying many login names and more passwords. Unfortunately none works  :blink:

I give up and use the cheat sheet, support@redthreadgames.com  :blush:

As a temporary approach I would suggest that this approach to be used for the releases of the Chapters.

A different approach for each release, and more and more unnecessary complications as we get further in the game.

Yes, and at least one new account to create somewhere where you do not have on already, for each chapter.

Kind of an additional reward for all pledgers.

With the help from Guardian the Balance we'll all get there

PS:

Creating a Steam account will not count, as most of the members of the forum seem to have one already.

• Mixthos likes this

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#2 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:52

Um. I'm not sure if you're asking a question here or only sarcastically venting about all the difficulties. But if you are asking a question of how to access BackerKit, then it should just be adding your e-mail address in the field and click the "send" button. You don't need a password or username, other than the e-mail used on Kickstarter. However, a few days ago, people said that their backerkit accounts were locked because RTG had finally been able to charge credit cards so they could send the remaining t-shirts etc. So I don't know if you're able to log into BackerKit now - if you've never done it before.

But if you haven't added anything to your pledge (since I see you are Minstrum), so that RTG doesn't need your address or other info like "what name to put in the credits", then it doesn't really matter if you get into the BackerKit account or not. It is only a way for RTG to handle the huge amount of backers. And for sending out physical rewards etc. But they have also complained about BackerKit and I don't think they will be using that for later Kickstarters. It was at least a way for us to add t-shirts and the likes after the Kickstarter had finished.

They have also apologized for all the different accounts we have needed to open on different places. We can look at this as being part of a kind of "beta" version of "how to handle everything Kickstarter related". And they are a new company. They need to figure out the best solutions for different things, and that's not always a walk in the park. But they will certainly learn from their mistakes, learn which services are best, and everything will likely be more seamless in the end. I think it's better that they find new solutions than stick with old, not properly functioning ones. Even if it means we have to sign up more places.

But at least all the digital rewards will be handled by Humble Store (like the wallpapers and badge that you've managed to claim). And the distribution of Chapters will likely be via Humble Store as well (if I haven't misunderstood anything). RTG (and pretty much everyone in the forum, I think) seems to be happy with them. And we'll be able to get the episodes on GOG & Steam as well, afaik. And the forum finally seems stable and mostly spam free (*knock on wood*) so I'm happy they changed it.

(Edit: This may come across as very RTG-defending but I meant it to be informative and helpful, I swear! :sohappy:)

• lars likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#3 lars

lars

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationLyon, France

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:07

Well actually both.

Trying to get to the backerkit page. I do not really know if it is of any use to me, but I did get a mail saying that another mail would send it, but it never showed up.

(Now I think that with HB I get access to my rewards.)

And yes, the rest was my sarcastic rant on this.

(It just kind of overwhelmed me, as it had happened little by little, and all of a sudden I saw the whole thing while looking for the backerkit page  :) )

Used with Steam version                      Used with HumbleBundle version

El Capitain 10.11 beta 4                                       El Capitan 10.11.2

Macbook 12 pouces                                             MacMini 2012

1,2 GHz Intel Core M                                            2,5 GHz Intel Core I5

8Go 1600 MHz DDR                                            16 GO 1600 MHZ DDR3

Resolution 2304 x 1440 SSD                               Resolution 1680 x 1050 SSD 500 Go

Intel Graphics 5300 1536 Mo                               Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 Mo

#4 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:24

Yeah, I get it :) I know several people complained a bit when RTG announced (well, they haven't really announced it yet, in any Kickstarter update at least) the Humble Store solution. Because it was another place/account to deal with. But they sort of had to deal with it anyway, because BackerKit has no function for handing out digital rewards. And yes, I'm quite certain you'll have access to your rewards via HB. At least mine has all the rewards listed as text, with the ones already given out shown as links. And it has been updated since I first added it to my account, so I'm certain that it changes into links when rewards are ready to be claimed :)

I just tried putting my own Kickstarter mail into the Backerkit form, and I did get a mail immediately from "backers@redthreadgames.com via mailgun.org", containing a "click here to begin" button. So it's a bit strange if it doesn't work for you, really.. Hmm.

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#5 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 July 2014 - 19:14

I changed email address (alias) for kickstarter several times between backing DFC, the creation of the backerkit account, and the humble bundle Chapters content. Because of this, I endured lots of trial and error for every step, as pretty much nothing worked initially. But in the end, I did get into them all. I just spent a small eternity trying to remember which email addresses I had used where and when ... :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: backer, badge, rewards, Kafka, humbleBundle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users