#1 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 16:55

Two months later

4d54a8e3e92b3aa5aaba0b59ffae5b61_origina

Three years. Five episodes. Tens of thousands of hours of work. It’s been wild. It’s been

exhausting. It’s been an unforgettable experience. We’re both relieved and sad that the

journey is finally over.

Except, it’s not over. Not quite. Not yet.

Four Red Threaders are still working on Dreamfall Chapters, along with a freelance artist

and some other talented people. We can’t disclose what they’re up to…but we’re not done.

(Incidentally, #TFC is an underrated Pink Floyd album.)

We’re going to carry on with regular Kickstarter updates until we’ve shipped all the

rewards (more on that in the next few weeks) and released everything we’re ever going to

release, and probably also for a while after that. We don’t want our hugely supportive and

lovely community to fade away. (And if you haven't joined yet, our forums are thriving!)

Since we haven’t sent out an update since the release of REDUX back in June, we

wanted to take some time to address a few of your most-asked questions.

Game keys! By now everyone should have received their keys, though we do get the

occasional email from backers who, for various reasons, have missed out on the updates.

So: if you don’t have access to the game yet, please visit BackerKit and follow the

instructions to redeem your digital rewards. (And if that doesn’t work, please visit our

support forum for help, or email support@redthreadgames.com.)

Most, not all, of the in-game rewards have been fulfilled. We’re working on a patch that

includes the Benefactors of Marcuria and missing Birthright characters, along with fixes

and tweaks to the audio (and some other titbits). The estimated due-date for this patch is

early October, and we'll send out another update when it's ready.

The German voice-overs are in production! It’s taken longer than expected, but our

localisation partners and studio have been backlogged, and there’s a lot of dialogue to

record. We don’t have a release date yet, but when we receive the dubbed files, we’ll

make a (very big) patch.

A lot of the emails we get from backers are about physical rewards — and, yes, we are

working on them. The boxes won’t ship until we have the final version of the game ready:

we want the version pressed to a disc to be a keeper, not a patcher-upper. But we’ll make

sure the boxes (and other goodies) are worth the wait, and we'll have a preview soon.

The missing digital rewards are coming along, slowly but surely. The game was our

number one priority before the summer holidays (and for a couple of years before that);

now we’re finally able to also prioritise not-game things — like the short stories and

graphic novel. We’ll share more when we have more to share.

Lastly, we get a TON of questions about the PlayStation 4 version of the game. All we

can say right now is “no, it definitely has not been cancelled and oh boy we can’t wait to

talk about it”. In other words, we’ll have more news when the time is right (and these news

will be exciting news, we promise, but we really can't say much more today).

So no, this journey isn’t over yet, not quite. Not yet.

In the meantime, stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter channels, post your questions

and comments here or on the forum, and don’t hesitate to email us at 

backers@redthreadgames.com if you have questions or feedback.

Team RTG

Oh, and one more thing: we're looking for people! Red Thread is growing, we're not just

working on Dreamfall Chapters, we're making new games. If you're an industry

professional, or someone with an excellent portfolio looking to get a start in game

development, check out our jobs page and send us your application!

• Chocobo_sage, TalkingOak, khh and 9 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#2 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 07 September 2016 - 17:05

Nice to see the positive review marks from some big sites on the image. Guess i'll wait until I get my physical version before playing the game over to get the final edition :)

#3 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 07 September 2016 - 18:02

I might be forgiving, but I loved that update! (might be because I love "The Final Cut" as well :P

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#4 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3982 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 07 September 2016 - 19:06

Something Something Playstation :P
  • Edreamer Jamil and khh like this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#5 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 19:23

Are they going to send out another shipping address confirmation, because depending on how long this is going to take, I'm going to be moving.  If it's by the end of this year, I'm fine, but we start creeping into next year I could have an issue.

#6 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 19:33

Are they going to send out another shipping address confirmation, because depending on how long this is going to take, I'm going to be moving.  If it's by the end of this year, I'm fine, but we start creeping into next year I could have an issue.

I mean. Obviously I'm in no position to make promises on RTG's behalf, but seeing as we're still waiting on a preview of what the physical rewards are going to look like and they still have to finish The Final Cut... ...I think it's safe to say we'll be getting another heads up before things actually ship so people have time to update their addresses in Backerkit, etc. I imagine they'll at least say something in a future update when they're actually approaching shipping things. 

#7 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 20:03

I think it's safe to say we'll be getting another heads up before things actually ship so people have time to update their addresses in Backerkit, etc. I imagine they'll at least say something in a future update when they're actually approaching shipping things. 

It's weird, I just wanted to add a sardonic remark concerning PayPal backers, and ... miracles over miracles, I just found a Kickstarter update email notification in my inbox. :P

They can't do KS surveys though when they have PP backers.

• ct2651 likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 September 2016 - 20:30

They can't do KS surveys though when they have PP backers.

No, they could, they would just need to reach out to Paypal backers via other means. 

Also there already was a Kickstarter survey and Kickstarter doesn't allow for multiple surveys (unless something changed). 

But Backerkit takes the place of the Kickstarter Survey. So regardless, it's a moot point. 

#9 odizzido

odizzido

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 23:22

Is the final version on PC going to release at the same time as the PS version?

#10 vToMy

vToMy

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:06

Oh so TFC is the final cut? I was hoping for another game featuring Saga to end The Longest Journey Saga.
  • darkshuria likes this

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:28

It'll be interesting to see what's left. And I'm also very much looking forwards to the auxiliary materials.

Mm, one of these days Stew. One of these days.

You can still update your shipping address in Backerkit I believe. But I agree with Erika, it seems likely they'll want to tell everyone to update their shipping addresses before they ship.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 Nwal

Nwal

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:55

You can still change your shipping address on the BackerKit website. I just did.

Edit: I guess I can't read. khh beat me to it. :)

• khh likes this

#13 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:49

I am glad to hear that these short stories are coming. For a while I had almost lost all hope.

#14 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:23

(And if you haven't joined yet, our forums are thriving!)

Ooooops, read that as "writhing" right now. Would have been quite accurate though. :(

Are you tackling the constant 502/504 tempest in any way... ?
  • Indrid Cold, bongboy and ct2651 like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#15 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 13:09

PlayStation died yesterday.

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#16 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 13:10

PlayStation died yesterday.

Apple did. Again. :P

At least they did it with courage™.

• Chocobo_sage, mrKnask, ct2651 and 1 other like this

#17 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 13:12

Apple did. Again. :P

Haha well, they've been zombies for quite a while now :P
  • Vainamoinen and ct2651 like this

#18 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 08 September 2016 - 14:52

Ooooops, read that as "writhing" right now. Would have been quite accurate though. :(

Are you tackling the constant 502/504 tempest in any way... ?

Webserver has been working fine for me/us, both in- and out of office since the troubles in June.

I know it can be a bit cranky some times, but has been working just fine + fast recently.

• ct2651 likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#19 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 14:55

Webserver has been working fine for me/us, both in- and out of office since the troubles in June.

I know it can be a bit cranky some times, but has been working just fine + fast recently.

It has been semi-regularly showing "502 - Bad Gateway" errors for many users over the past few weeks.

• ct2651 likes this

#20 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 08 September 2016 - 15:06

Ok, thanks for letting us know.

Not too much we can do on our end I think. Need to talk to our hosting service provider. :)

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen, Indrid Cold and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users