Photo
- - - - -

GOG and Steam Difficulties

Best Answer Vainamoinen , 03 September 2016 - 01:14

So, this is the error message on GOG when I double click on the set-up for 'part 1 of 4.'

"Installer files missing - please make sure you have downloaded all necessary parts. You will be asked for their location during installation. Integrity check will be skipped."

Okay, of course the first thing to check is that you indeed did download all the parts, that they're the correct parts as well, and that they have the correct names so that the installer finds them. At the time, the GOG download indeed has four parts which should be downloaded to the same directory.

If all that is the case and the problem persists: It's strange that the installer says that parts are missing if they in fact aren't, but the only reason for this that I can think of is file corruption. So maybe deleting and redownloading individual parts may help...? :( Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 00:28

MIni Rant and needing some assistance...

Recently a friend couldn't understand why I wanted to wait until I was able to have a physical copy of the game, when it was readily available via digital medium. Tried to explain that I like having something that I can play at any time. Even so, II do have Steam, GOG, Humble accounts and have taken advantage of some of the benefits digital downloads offer.

Unfortunately, without a physical copy, if there are problems with dl'ing or with not being able to access a site because it's not working... well, this is my long-winded way of saying that's the quandry I'm in at the moment. I've dl'ed and played the first three Books on both Steam and GOG before but subsequently changed over to a different computer. Now I'm unable to dl on GOG, as it keeps giving me an error message about files that are missing. Since I have a key on Steam, figured I'd just go over there to play. And the site is down. :wacko:

So, this is the error message on GOG when I double click on the set-up for 'part 1 of 4.'

"Installer files missing - please make sure you have downloaded all necessary parts. You will be asked for their location during installation. Integrity check will be skipped."

Running win10 on a computer that's about a year old. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. And I'd prefer using the GOG account because I occasionally need to help out my sister and that's where her Dreamfall game is.

Thanks to anyone that has some ideas. :)

And mods, if there's a better place to put this, that would be great.

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:01

Hmmm... that's really weird. You shouldn't have any issues downloading the game again. I'm not super familiar with GOG, though, so I'm not 100% sure what the deal is. 

Since this problem likely isn't with the game itself, I'm going to move this to "Community Help" for right now. And if it turns out that there is some sort of issue that RTG needs to resolve, we can move it back. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:14   Best Answer

Okay, of course the first thing to check is that you indeed did download all the parts, that they're the correct parts as well, and that they have the correct names so that the installer finds them. At the time, the GOG download indeed has four parts which should be downloaded to the same directory.

If all that is the case and the problem persists: It's strange that the installer says that parts are missing if they in fact aren't, but the only reason for this that I can think of is file corruption. So maybe deleting and redownloading individual parts may help...? :(
  • agirlnamedbob and Indrid Cold like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#4 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:36

All righty. Guess I'm brain-dead today. Only dl'ed part 1 of 4, instead of all four parts. geesh. *bangs head on desk*

So, yeah. No wonder I was getting an error message stating I didn't have all the installer files. *finishes banging head and goes to sit in the corner of shame*

Thanks for the assist, though! :ehehe:

• agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and Indrid Cold like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#5 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:29

Glad you got it sorted. :) 

• popcorngal likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 10:50

Okay then, have fun! :) :)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users