• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smartfish13

smartfish13

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 23:00

Hello, I'm a kickstarter backer who finally has the time to play this game.

The first two or three cutscenes - the logos before the main menu and the opening text dump upon selecting new game, but especially the story recap - are running at near 1 FPS for me.  The story recap is so slow it causes the audio to stutter, and is completely unwatchable.  The rest of the game (in-engine cutscenes and actual gameplay) seem to be running just fine.  My specs are well above recommended:

Windows 8.1 - 64 bit

Intel Core i3-6100 CPU @ 3.70GHz

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

8.0 GB RAM

I don't really care about the story recap (played TLJ and Dreamfall just to get ready for this) - but I am concerned that there are similar pre-rendered cutscenes later on that are important to the story.  This is a strange problem, so I would expect there might be an easy fix.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 19 August 2016 - 00:02

You system should definitively be fine for playing the game. The cutscenes you mention are just videos which are played with the video player built into the Unity engine (that's the engine the game runs on). I recall other people with decent and good computers running into this issue as well, so there's probably a bug with that player somehow.

However I don't believe there are any more videos after you've started the game. As far as I can remember all other cutscenes are rendered in-game, so you should be fine. You should be able to see the story recap and the introduction to the game on Youtube. I can probably find you some links if you'd like.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 smartfish13

smartfish13

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:54

No need.  Glad to hear I shouldn't run into problems later on.

#4 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:18

However I don't believe there are any more videos after you've started the game. As far as I can remember all other cutscenes are rendered in-game, so you should be fine.

I'm not sure if the end credits are pre-rendered or not, actually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users