3 replies to this topic

#1 jeremycards

jeremycards

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:32

So i've been having this problem since chapter 1, but i've been able to pass the Marcuria parts little by little untill i moved to another place. But in chapter 5 its getting absolutely pc destroying. It always happens when im in Marcuria for some reason, in any other place everything works fine. 

Its quite a simple crash, but it begins with sounds stopping to play, sometimes background music keeps playing but other sound effects or voices stop, also hud items stop appearing and if i try to enter the menu the crash triggers, otherwise if i keep trying to play it will crash anyway. Once that happens it just gets stuck there for a long while, and it either ends up blue screening after many minutes or sometimes it gets fixed and keeps playing for a while, but usually it crashes again soon after.

So... any help? im on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits Service Pack 1.

• Victorplepe likes this

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7054 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 August 2016 - 11:59

If it bluescreens there must be some trouble with the hardware or drivers. I used to experience a crash like that when my old GPU overheated. You could try updating your graphics drivers, I'd try forcing the gpu fan to 100% and see if it makes a difference?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 jeremycards

jeremycards

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:11

Yeah i tried updating everything many times, but it never made a difference. It dosn't seem to be overheating either, i checked with some softwares the temperature and everything was fine (plus its winter here). I think it must be some hardware issue indeed, as i have had some similar crashes in other games (specially Skyrim). But i have no idea what part is it :S

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7054 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:53

How to Geek has a guide for identifying which component in your computer may be causing problems
http://www.howtogeek...-your-computer/

In addition to the things listed there, I'd also try running Intel's processor diagnostic tool, if you have an Intel processor
https://downloadcent...Diagnostic-Tool

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crash, marcuria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users