Photo

The Balance's Most Exclusive Club: Characters who Appear on All Three Games.

The Longest Journey Dreamfall: TLJ Dreamfall Chapters April Ryan Crow Brian Westhouse Roper Klacks

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mime Paradox

Mime Paradox

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 14:49

Thinking about it, it feels somewhat surprising that the list is so short.  I mean, not counting flashbacks and the like, it's really just

• April Ryan (kinda)
  • Crow
  • Roper Klacks
  • Brian Westhouse
  • ETA: White of the Kin

Am I missing anyone?  I can't quite vocalize why that's the case, but the fact that this is the list feels amazing. Especially when you consider that only Crow actually makes it to the end, and even then, there's a huge asterisk one can place next to that statement.  

(On that note, is there any place with a list of the series' characters, organized based the number of games they've appeared in?)

So let's talk about those characters lucky (or unlucky) enough to appear in all three games.  Is there anyone who you wish would have joined them?  Does the fact that this is the list make you happy, unhappy, confused, aroused, etc.?  What do you think it is about these characters specifically that made the creators want to use them for all three games? 

• inspector likes this

#2 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 31 July 2016 - 17:40

If you dig the reborn-reincarnation stuff you can squeeze in the White dragon reborn and Saga ;)

• Lee-m likes this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#3 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 00:09

Benrime is also kind of sort of in all the three games. (only mentioned in Chapters)

• the red of the kin likes this

#4 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:01

If you dig the reborn-reincarnation stuff you can squeeze in the White dragon reborn and Saga ;)

I'd have the white dragon on the list. Saga... not so much.

Turns out Brian is really part of the core story line throughout the series, we just never quite realised it until now. Klacks was always the series more standard bad guy, plus hes an interesting character and quite funny.

Crow is actually just in the game for some comic relief and to give the character you are playing some one to have dialog with. The game is always trying to find ways to make him important so he can tag along.
As regards the plot lines, you could remove him and hardly notice. But obviously it would be lame as hell with no Crow. He actually makes a better side kick than most, as hes not following you on foot and getting in the way. He is also exempt from most situations that would cause a person issues (like being noticed, arrested, trapped or whatever). He can kind of disappear and come back as needed with out question marks as to were he went.

It is a short list however. Never noticed quite how short until now.

• Mime Paradox likes this

#5 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:23

Benrime is also kind of sort of in all the three games. (only mentioned in Chapters)

Following this logic we could also insert Emma. We know she's showing at a gallery too and hopefully we'll get to visit :)

EDIT: I so wish we could also see Charlie again!

• Ringtail and Oktalist like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:51

Veto on Benrime!

And actually... according to Kickstarter promises... a future version of Dreamfall Chapters should actually make Emma one of those exclusive characters. :mellow:

/edit: Oh shoot, should read entire thread before answering. :)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#7 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:17

I think the White Dragon can definitely be in that list. The second one we saw, that is.

She's a dragon baby in the first one, an important character in the second and a ghost in the third. All those are appearances.

• Ringtail, Riaise, the red of the kin and 1 other like this

#8 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:28

She's a dragon baby in the first one, an important character in the second and a ghost in the third. All those are appearances.

I completely agree on that. :)

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall: TLJ, Dreamfall Chapters, April Ryan, Crow, Brian Westhouse, Roper Klacks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users