Photo
- - - - -

Game enters slow mode

Best Answer fl0id , 21 August 2016 - 17:55

Re-checking/verifying the files multiple times finally fixed it. Might have been that there is no clear indication if/when file verification might fail due to shitty network connection or similar.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fl0id

fl0id

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 17:53

I think I have a similar problem (at the same point in the game) though I do not get a crash. (therefore no crash log)

This is in the administrator's chamber (sister Alessandre) after talking to the General, always directly after Kian says 'It's time to go' to Pip, after which I assume the scene would be over.

This is reproducible and happens every time, even when reloading, restarting or whatever. Just to stress this point, the game does not crash, but the cutscene does not progress further. Figures are still softly moving and it is possible to go to the menu as normal and exit the game or do whatever else in the menu, but the game cutscene does not progress. At first I thought maybe it was just waiting for some input, but it does not look that way, as no dialog options or whatever are selectable and normal selection options (apart from going to menu) do not have any effect.
Did anybody else experience this?

#2 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 18:26

I think I have a similar problem (at the same point in the game) though I do not get a crash. (therefore no crash log)

This is in the administrator's chamber (sister Alessandre) after talking to the General, always directly after Kian says 'It's time to go' to Pip, after which I assume the scene would be over.

This is reproducible and happens every time, even when reloading, restarting or whatever. Just to stress this point, the game does not crash, but the cutscene does not progress further. Figures are still softly moving and it is possible to go to the menu as normal and exit the game or do whatever else in the menu, but the game cutscene does not progress. At first I thought maybe it was just waiting for some input, but it does not look that way, as no dialog options or whatever are selectable and normal selection options (apart from going to menu) do not have any effect.
Did anybody else experience this?

This should be in its own thread, really. It's unlikely to be related to a crash.

Try to verify the files if you're on Steam or re-install otherwise.

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 July 2016 - 20:49

I've split it to a new thread.

Can you move when this happens?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 21:11

Also, what language are you playing in?

I remember a crash when language files for a dialogue were missing. Perhaps it's something similar, with the common slowdown that happens when you're supposed to make a choice, but the text being blank?

#5 fl0id

fl0id

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 00:34

Thanks everybody, only found the thread now again as it was moved, but the problem is still there.

@I am on GOG, I already verified the files. But will do again to be sure. I am playing in English, so I doubt language files are missing. As far as I can tell there should not be a choice there, as you had all the choices like what to do with the sister already.

@khh Thanks for moving to a new thread, though I didn't find it again at first :) I cannot move when this happens. The camera position is also still the same as it would be when being in a cutscene. If it is a slowdown of the came, it would have to be very slow, while at the same time doing normal movements (such as breathing or similar) as I have left it for 15 mins or so and no visible progress was made in any movement.

#6 fl0id

fl0id

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 17:55   Best Answer

Re-checking/verifying the files multiple times finally fixed it. Might have been that there is no clear indication if/when file verification might fail due to shitty network connection or similar.

• khh likes this

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 August 2016 - 21:40

I'm really glad you managed to solve it.

I see we didn't respond to your last post, I'm really sorry about that.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users