#1 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 July 2014 - 13:53

It almost looks as if Zoë has a blindfold with the right-justified image. Might be a good idea to change it around a bit? If the artist allows it. ;)

#2 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 02 July 2014 - 14:01

I think it makes Zoe look a little more sinister - especially if you move the browser window so that only her right eye is showing. Maybe that's intended?

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#3 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 14:09

It almost looks as if Zoë has a blindfold with the right-justified image. Might be a good idea to change it around a bit? If the artist allows it. ;)

I assume you are talking about the banner at the top of the forum and it looks fine to me. The banner doesn't come across to me the way it does to you. I do not sense... "It almost looks as if Zoë has a blindfold with the right-justified image".

#4 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 July 2014 - 16:24

The banner itself is of a pretty high resolution and is scaled based on the current width of your browser.

That why you'd might see Zoë's face behind the search widget on a 1280x720 monitor or similar. That's at least how it looks for me on my second screen at home, which is a 1280x720 monitor.

At work I run 2x 1920x1080 monitors, so that makes it look good on either. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#5 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 02 July 2014 - 16:41

Looks perfectly fine on 1680x1050 resolution too.

Honestly, why even work on anything bellow 1360x768?, unless of course you're running an old monitor that won't support higher resolutions.

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveller
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS

Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | Google+: Ron Vollach 
| STEAM: Vollach | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | Wikia: My Wiki (Freeware Batch Tools)

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#6 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 02 July 2014 - 17:38

Honestly, why even work on anything bellow 1360x768?, unless of course you're running an old monitor that won't support higher resolutions.

You're very welcome to tell that to my corporate IT department...
  • wandrew likes this

#7 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 02 July 2014 - 17:44

You're very welcome to tell that to my corporate IT department...

What's their number? ;)

• wandrew likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#8 Pylons of Light

Pylons of Light

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 18:47

Looks perfectly fine on 1680x1050 resolution too.

1280x1024. I hate widescreen monitors.

#9 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1884 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 02 July 2014 - 19:05

Wonder if it would help to move the search to the left, would probably have to put a darker border around it so it doesn't blend into the white background.

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#10 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:56

Different people like things at different sizes, that's why they use different resolutions. I use 1440x900 on one and 1600 x 900 on the TV/monitor because I sit on the couch 2m away and don't want to focus up close for extended periods of time. I made myself short-sighted once and I'd rather avoid doing that again. In general I find all text on computers too small for comfort. I can read it, but I just won't risk the strain.

• VollachR likes this

#11 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:58

Can the search bar thing not be put in the black border at the very top, next to the login name, sign out, envelope and i icons? Or on the left up there. That way it's not on top of anything.

Also, it would be good if the RTG logo on the left were to link to RTG website. I keep clicking on it because in haste I assume it already does :-D

• Riaise likes this

#12 VollachR

VollachR

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationPetah Tikva, Israel

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:04

Different people like things at different sizes, that's why they use different resolutions. I use 1440x900 on one and 1600 x 900 on the TV/monitor because I sit on the couch 2m away and don't want to focus up close for extended periods of time. I made myself short-sighted once and I'd rather avoid doing that again. In general I find all text on computers too small for comfort. I can read it, but I just won't risk the strain.

Very true, whoever said size don't matter obviously didn't know what they were talking about  :lol:

I agree though, most of the time it's easier to read on bigger monitors, I have my main computer running 1680x1050 (22" monitor) and in my room I have a computer attached to the TV via an HDMI cable running 1360x768 resolution (32" TV), I would have used an higher resolution but the texts get all blurry, never found a solution for that.

Can the search bar thing not be put in the black border at the very top, next to the login name, sign out, envelope and i icons? Or on the left up there. That way it's not on top of anything.

Also, it would be good if the RTG logo on the left were to link to RTG website. I keep clicking on it because in haste I assume it already does :-D

That's actually some good ideas, perhaps the search should go on bar bellow the banner though, in the middle, approximately, on high resolutions it will also make it right bellow Zoe eyes which would be quite funny.

Ron Vollach
Dream Traveller
Proud Backer of DREAMFALL CHAPTERS

Twitter: @VollachR | Facebook: Ron Vollach | Google+: Ron Vollach 
| STEAM: Vollach | Instagram: @VollachR Flickr: Ron Vollach

Pinterest: Ron Vollach | Wikia: My Wiki (Freeware Batch Tools)

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself."

#13 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:11

The year is 2014 and we have not colonised the moon (Space 1999), we don't have hoverbroards (Back To The Future) and I'm still waiting for monitors on the entire wall (Rollerball and others). We really need to up our game here.

• Morten likes this

#14 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:34

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

I will keep it in mind for when I have the time to do website updates :D

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blindfold, Zoë, banner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users