#21 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:37

This topic really needs to be a sticky to avoid all the new threads asking already answered questions.

#22 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:39

True. Though I think I'm going to clean this post up a bit and then just... make threads to discuss some of these topics at length. Was hoping more people would mention what they'd still like to discuss, but apparently compiling all of Ragnar's answers killed the discussion. :P

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#23 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:15

This topic really needs to be a sticky to avoid all the new threads asking already answered questions.

Done. I also took the liberty of moving the topic (for now, at least), so it's easier found.
  • wandrew, agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak and 1 other like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#24 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:22

Thank you Tina!

I also added more spoilers to the OP for easier perusing. I want to see if I can make a few more changes, but those may have to wait. It also looks like I can still edit the OP, even though it's been moved to this area. (I was worried that might not be the case, since I can't start a thread here.)

• Tina likes this

#25 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:25

It also looks like I can still edit the OP, even though it's been moved to this area. (I was worried that might not be the case, since I can't start a thread here.)

You might live to regret writing this FAQ compilation lol I can see it needing lots of maintenance :)
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#26 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:27

Was hoping more people would mention what they'd still like to discuss, but apparently compiling all of Ragnar's answers killed the discussion. :P

I think that's okay. The conversation went about as far as it could, and what you've compiled covers the bases of RTG's positions on all the big topics. (Plus, based on his Twitter, Ragnar's traveling abroad, and unlikely to add anything new soon.)
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#27 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:37

(Plus, based on his Twitter, Ragnar's traveling abroad, and unlikely to add anything new soon.)

Yeah, one of the updates talked about July being the summer vacation month, so it will likely be quite quiet from them until August (it was like that last year, at least).

Edit: and good to know you can still edit, Erika. I didn't even think about that when I moved it :)

#28 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:41

It's a good thing I put this together before everyone left then.  :D

I do see some merit to continuing discussing some of these topics. I'm thinking maybe a thread about what "Classic Adventure Games" are, even as a more philosophical discussion, might be interesting. And I don't think we have a thread like that. So I may start one. 

• chiccats likes this

#29 chiccats

chiccats

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationItaly, Stark

Posted 03 July 2014 - 17:01

I'm thinking maybe a thread about what "Classic Adventure Games" are, even as a more philosophical discussion, might be interesting. And I don't think we have a thread like that. So I may start one. 

I can't wait for it Super Woman!! ;)  It will be a very interesting thread indeed!! :)

(thanks for the patience btw, it is much more easier reading Ragnar's answers from here!! ;) )

• blaster likes this

The balance provides, the balance protects. Trust the balance and trust yourself.

#30 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 19:05

Wow...just...wow, Erika!  That is all.

#31 ostubash

ostubash

Fringe Café Regular

• Drachkin
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWashington, D.C.

Posted 05 July 2014 - 17:31

Yooo, great job with the FAQ!  :D

#32 Shifterdreamer

Shifterdreamer

Arcadia Native

• Forum Beta Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 05 July 2014 - 22:21

Thank you so much for this :-) It's a lot of work, and it's very much appreciated.

I have a dream... The wolf's not here on a sunny day, the wolf's not here, still I sense him...

#33 kellkerrick

kellkerrick

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 15:55

Great compilation! Good job :)

#34 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1876 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 06 July 2014 - 18:46

So should we call you the other other Tina? :P  Good work and dedication.  *hugs*

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#35 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 20:15

Right, I had a look through the FAQ but I couldn't find the answer for my question so here goes nothing: Does the shift to episodic mean that we can upgrade our pledge to a higher tier until the last book is released? Since the physical copies won't be shipping until after the game is fully released (I assume anyway). 

That would be great news for me, I'd possibly be able to upgrade to the draic kin tier. Also first time posting so Hi! :) 

• khh likes this

#36 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 July 2014 - 20:56

So should we call you the other other Tina? :P  Good work and dedication.  *hugs*

Oh noes, I've got competition! :P But in all seriousness, I'm no longer spending that much time with RTG-stuff, so I'm not that Tina anymore :P I know I was super extremely active and dedicated for a while, but I also didn't have a (real) job or much social life back then. So I feel it's time to step down from that throne, hehe.

• wandrew, Chocobo_sage, Teller and 3 others like this

#37 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 July 2014 - 21:08

Oh noes, I've got competition! :P But in all seriousness, I'm no longer spending that much time with RTG-stuff, so I'm not that Tina anymore :P I know I was super extremely active and dedicated for a while, but I also didn't have a (real) job or much social life back then. So I feel it's time to step down from that throne, hehe.

Tina is not Tina anymore ? Yikes, I suspect out there somewhere this just happened :Attached File  image.jpg   64.49KB   0 downloads
  • Tina, Shifterdreamer and NeilClaimer like this

#38 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1876 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 06 July 2014 - 21:29

No the balance must not be broken!  You're still Tina, just 'cause you can't spend the time doesn't make you any less dedicated.  You can share the throne though, we're not playing that game here. ;)

Oh and I more or less had the same question as Tamahome in the original thread but it got ignored.  Will we have more time to up our pledges?

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 3 others like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#39 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 22:22

You'll always be THAT Tina to us. Nonetheless, good luck with the new life! ;)

• Tina, Teller, Edreamer Jamil and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#40 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:17

You'll always be THAT Tina to us. Nonetheless, good luck with the new life! ;)

Tina has done an AWESOME job helping establish this community and forum, and she deserves all the thanks. ALL OF THEM. Every single one.

Oh, except the ones she has to share with agirlnamedbob for making this fantastic and informative FAQ. THE REST OF THE THANKS TO HER. She's also awesome, and this thread is great, especially since I'm on the road and haven't been able to put together an FAQ myself.

But this one's much better than what I could have made on my own.

You guys are just awesome.

Ragnar

• wandrew, Tina, Jecica and 8 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: faq, ragnar, a message from ragnar, question and answer, q&a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users