#81 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 10 July 2014 - 23:55

Unless I miss understand something, the Storytime exists divide or no divide. And has nothing to do with the balance its self.
It creates the universe, but is a realm in its own right.

The winter wasnt a physical realm. It was inside dreamcore and somewhat on the wire.
  • Edreamer Jamil and Riaise like this

#82 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1355 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:00

There's also no concrete evidence about who the Kin that participated in the creation of the Divide was. I've thought it was the White or the Red at various times, but am not sure.

Although...some of the speculation elsewhere on the forum has been about the Prophet looking like one of the hooded figures in the murals of the Balance. It might be an interesting twist if the Undreaming (which I think has possessed Brian in Dreamfall) was actually a previously-undisclosed fifth Draic Kin, who was "chained" in Storytime in the process of creating the Divide.

#83 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:05

It might be an interesting twist if the Undreaming (which I think has possessed Brian in Dreamfall) was actually a previously-undisclosed fifth Draic Kin, who was "chained" in Storytime in the process of creating the Divide.

You know, thats a bloody good idea. If thats not how it goes, then they should steal that idea !
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#84 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:13

Okey - 

I'm relatively new here so - not sure when this is happening, exactly what it is and when it's happening. Can someone recap for me?

#85 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:19

Look at page one. We're playing The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Schedule is in the first post.

#86 loranna238

loranna238

Vestrum Crier

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between the Earth and the Sun

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:31

Look at page one. We're playing The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. Schedule is in the first post.

Ok, but I wasn't sure because of all the subsequent posts.

#87 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:31

Cortez told April that to pass between worlds she must go through "world of dreams" - this is how in Dreamfall Brian and Zoe went to Arcadia. Stark -> Storytime/Winter -> Arcadia. So i think that "world of dreams" is part of Storytime. 

Also Cortez knew about April's dreams. How? Is Red Dragon dream maker?

Chavez = dream maker.

This is very interesting for dream conspiracy in Dreamfall...

And we don't know which Kin was the one who found Fathers. On Balance Mural he is very similiar to the Prophet from Dreamfall.

I also noticed something interesting on Murals. When Tobias show April picture of pre-divide Earth with huge tower he says that "the story begins and ends here, on this mural". Very interesting. So was this tower the one which created Stark., Arcadia and Divide?

Is Azadi Tower rebuild of that ancient tower?

In Dreamfall there isn't tower in Guardian's Realm, it is now replaced by Azadi Tower.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#88 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 14:12

It's week two! Time to start Chapters Three and Four! :D 

Okey - 

I'm relatively new here so - not sure when this is happening, exactly what it is and when it's happening. Can someone recap for me?

It's happening right now! We're playing through The Longest Journey at the moment, and we should all be working through Chapters Three and Four this week, but you can play the game from the beginning if you want to join in. The schedule is only there so that we can discuss things in the game as they come up, so that we're all playing roughly the same parts at the same time. :)

There's also no concrete evidence about who the Kin that participated in the creation of the Divide was. I've thought it was the White or the Red at various times, but am not sure.

I thought that it would most likely have been the White, too, but then Tobias said "he" when talking about it, so I assumed that ruled her out.  :unsure:

Cortez told April that to pass between worlds she must go through "world of dreams" - this is how in Dreamfall Brian and Zoe went to Arcadia. Stark -> Storytime/Winter -> Arcadia. So i think that "world of dreams" is part of Storytime. 

Yes, I think that's where I got confused, that's what I thought, too. 

#89 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 14:22

So i think that "world of dreams" is part of Storytime.

World of dreams and the Storytime are the same thing. Its just that only the vagabond calls it the storytime. The method of passing thought it seems to differ depending on your 'right' to be there.

#90 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:31

My theory is that a shifter opens a direct tunnel, somewhat like a worm-hole, through the Storytime so that they never actually enter there. A Dreamer does enter Storytime and since Storytime encompasses everything, they can exit wherever they like (as Astral projections, more or less). Not sure how the House of All Worlds fits in here, but it seems to be physically connected to all worlds (and times) (physical as opposed to Storytime's astral/metaphysical).

Also I believe Winter was a pocket in Storytime, and that Eingana connected it to the wire overloading both.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#91 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:45

A thought from early in Chapter 4

Spoiler

#92 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:50

...would have been a pretty dull journey if April had just run away and not spoken to anyone ;)
  • Edreamer Jamil and Chikyuu like this

#93 pazzer

pazzer

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 15:09

Just started my playthough and am up to chapter 2.  Random thoughs so far:

Intro has film like quality

Named chapters, don't see that anymore in books

Is meeting white dragon dream if not how does April survive fall?

Who is the "we" Cortez refers to?

Outside of border house is beautiful

Referance to death star is great

Lots of humour

Who fixes the rubber duckky?

How long has April been in Venice?

• wandrew likes this

#94 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 15:17

Due to taking care of some car troubles and a general short attention span issue, I'm behind. *sigh* 

Fingers crossed I'll catch up tonight. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#95 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 14 July 2014 - 15:44

April has been in Venice a couple of months, according to the dates in her diary : She left home the last week of May and it's now Late July.

I wonder if we'll one day find out what happened to her plan to stay at her friend's - I'm guessing things fell through, or perhaps that was only for a night or two

It's cool that VAVA allowed her to show up and accepted her so late in the year (perhaps 24th Century Newport academic years are different) ;

from the looks of it they've worked her fairly hard since (looks about right from what I recall my sister was expected to do in Art College)

I still want to visit, heck live in April's Venice :) Looks like my kind of place

Aside from the obvious New York/Greenwich comparisons it makes me think of London - elements of Camden (especially the canals and lock), as well as perhaps areas of East and South London I know.

Parts of Bristol too, particularly St Werburgh's.

Who else wonders if we'll find out in TLJH ?

#96 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 July 2014 - 19:39

Who is the "we" Cortez refers to?

I would assume that it's Father Raul.

#97 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 22:11

Lady Alvane?

Also: April's been in Venice for a few months. It's all in her diary.

#98 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 July 2014 - 14:03

Ohhh! Here's something I forgot to ask at the time... how did the fusebox key get onto the train tracks? This bugs me every time I play the game.  <_<

#99 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 15 July 2014 - 14:22

Ohhh! Here's something I forgot to ask at the time... how did the fusebox key get onto the train tracks? This bugs me every time I play the game. <_<

Same reason a stack of junk can throw a silhouette that looks like a man with a gun. (When you put a hat on it) ;)
  • Riaise likes this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#100 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 15 July 2014 - 14:23

Ohhh! Here's something I forgot to ask at the time... how did the fusebox key get onto the train tracks? This bugs me every time I play the game. <_<

It's a universal workman's tool to open or turn bolts.
I imagine it was left behind after recent work; the fact we never see trains working to the left of the screen in East Venice might be a direct result of April's actions.
Some poor workman is likely headed over to the Police Station to request form #09043-D, Short-Term Tactical Acquisition of Tools in the event of Misappropriation (Supplement D : Involving suspected use of a Rubber Duckie)
  • wandrew, Jecica, Riaise and 3 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users