296 replies to this topic

#41 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:21

I'm not sure yet if I'm in... but if I find the time this weekend, would you prefer I played the German or the English version...?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#42 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 13:37

I'm not sure yet if I'm in... but if I find the time this weekend, would you prefer I played the German or the English version...?

You can play whichever version you prefer. I assume that most of us will be playing the English version, but if you prefer to play in German then that's fine. :)

#43 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 14:48

You can play whichever version you prefer. I assume that most of us will be playing the English version, but if you prefer to play in German then that's fine. :)

That wasn't quite what I was after... in fact, I was wondering whether a comparison of language versions could be of actual use to the community.

Digging out the German DVD would be the greater hassle, actually.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#44 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3989 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:41

Well i've hit my first hurdle in this, my laptop has decided it doesn't want to read discs anymore. Sooo i can't install and play my copy of TLJ. :mellow:

Sooo GOG or Steam boys and girls, which one is better? I have Dreamfall on GOG so tempted to get it from there.

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#45 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 21:44

I don't know how much difference it really makes. If you have DF on GOG, I'd just get TLJ on GOG. 

Oh, and V, I'm kind of curious about the differences in the translations of the game. It could be sort of interesting to discuss. But if it's a hassle to dig up your German copy, don't worry too much about it. 

• Chocobo_sage likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#46 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 22:42

Thanks Bobbygirl, now downloading it so hopefully will start it tomorrow night. :)

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

#47 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 05 July 2014 - 00:16

I'll be starting my play through of this tonight or tomorrow. I don't believe I'll be able to do a Let's Play because I wasn't able to find good software to do one. If anyone has any good software ideas to record Let's Plays let me know!

"What a strange feeling... I'm barely even scared. I can see... everything around me... I feel like... any outcome would be acceptable. That's right... no one's at fault here... nothing could have made a difference. Not in a world... ...that is this... ...Cruel." -Bertholdt Hoover, Attack on Titan

#48 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 05 July 2014 - 00:29

I don't believe I'll be able to do a Let's Play because I wasn't able to find good software to do one. If anyone has any good software ideas to record Let's Plays let me know!

If you have an nvidia gpu, try nvidia shadow play.
FRAPS is very popular and easy to use also (I use it to record wow raid runs for my team). Its a bit cpu heavy tho.
d3dgear and movavi are ok too, but I think they all cost abit of money :/

• agirlnamedbob, TalkingOak and Undreamer like this

#49 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 05 July 2014 - 00:31

I have no idea why I didn't see that. I do have an nvidia gpu, so I'll look into this. Thanks.

"What a strange feeling... I'm barely even scared. I can see... everything around me... I feel like... any outcome would be acceptable. That's right... no one's at fault here... nothing could have made a difference. Not in a world... ...that is this... ...Cruel." -Bertholdt Hoover, Attack on Titan

#50 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:50

Oh, and V, I'm kind of curious about the differences in the translations of the game. It could be sort of interesting to discuss. But if it's a hassle to dig up your German copy, don't worry too much about it. 

I have two of them. ;)

But I guess I'll go for English nonetheless - so I get into the correct terminology for Chapters. I will miss the opportunity to once and for all disprove the false assumption that in the German version, Crow would call Lady Alvane "April". ;)

#51 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:48

Notifications 3 - things in TLJ and Dreamfall:

TLJ:

- Lady Alvane said that she heared April's story so she can't be April,

- Cortez seems to be behind April's dreams, maybe Red Dragon is maker of dreams?

- after first shift April load in Temple in Marcuria - place where Dream Chamber is located below,

- Vanguard fully control Venice,

- Pictures about history of Balance holds some Dreamfall things - huge tower, storm and hooked man,

- the one Draic Kin who found Fathers looking like Prophet from Dreamfall,

- McAllen mentioned Warrior Shifters,

Dreamfall:

- Prophet must be someone who knows about pre-Divide history about powerfull tower and chaos - so Dragon or one of 12 Sentinels,

- Dreamer and Tower allow someone to control both worlds,

- both WATI and Azadi are fooled by someone,

- Chang co-work with Gillmore - remove of Faith allowed WATI to release Dreamer at time,

- Damien can work for Gillmore or Chang,

- White Lady is White Dragon,

- White Dragon told Faith to find Zoe and lead her to save April,

Ragnar said that there are still remains of pre-Divide civilization in TLJ universe. So yeah, i think that Necropolis/Underground city is the one and Prophet must know about it. WATIcorp and Azadi are mixing science and magic. Magic leak from Arcadia to Stark and science leak from Stark to Arcadia.

Connection:

- huge tower in pre-Divide picture

- Chaos Storm and Apocalypse in next picture,

- blue prints for huge tower in Necropolis,

- huge Azadi Tower in Marcuria,

- Chaos Storm/Dream Storm at Azadi Tower,

CORTEZ is the one who send Brian for Undreaming in 1933 so...???

• Jana likes this

#52 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 July 2014 - 19:20

We're about halfway through the week now, so how are we all doing? I've been a bit busier than I expected this weekend, so I've only played the prologue so far, but I'll get on with chapters one and two soon. :)

#53 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 07 July 2014 - 19:27

Completed chapter 1 and currently proceeding through chapter 2

(first reveal mentions a puzzle rather than truly spoils)

Spoiler

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 19:59

Was INTENDING to do / record my playthrough of the first part this weekend, but due to some BS with helping a friend move that just really didn't happen. So the goal is to do it tonight. Fingers crossed. 

• Edreamer Jamil, TalkingOak, khh and 2 others like this

#55 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3989 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 21:26

Was INTENDING to do / record my playthrough of the first part this weekend, but due to some BS with helping a friend move that just really didn't happen. So the goal is to do it tonight. Fingers crossed. 

Awesome, i'm going to start TLJ tomorrow night as i'm just about fit to pass out right now lol. Plus I don't have to go to work wednesday, so maybe after the football i'll get on to TLJ and get through chapter 1&2. :)

• Edreamer Jamil and TalkingOak like this

#56 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:35

*sigh* Running into some serious driver issues trying to get this whole "Let's Play" thing to work. I'm HOPING to have it sorted soon, but at this rate I'm either going to have to actually record the thing tomorrow or I'm just going to say eff it and no video. :(

EDIT: After MUCH trial and error, I think I finally got adequate recording running / tested. So now TOMORROW will be the day of truth for the recording and stuff. Ugh. 

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, TalkingOak and 5 others like this

#57 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:25

I'm all for this community playthrough, but I won't be able to get into it in a while yet. :( Perhaps for Dreamfall.

• TalkingOak likes this

#58 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:11

I love Prologue in TLJ. Fantastic landscape, Tree puzzle and Mother. I think that this is a place where April's journey will end.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#59 Mixthos

Mixthos

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPaderborn, Germany

Posted 08 July 2014 - 15:08

Exams are coming up, but I'll use TLJ to relax. :)

I really hope we'll meet Fiona and Mickey again in DFC! :D

#60 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7389 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 08 July 2014 - 18:02

Just a quick question for when we get to the Dreamfall playthrough: will the game work with an X-Box 360 style controller? I've only ever played DF on an XBox and have heard that the PC controls are a little chunky.

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users