#21 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:47

I think most or all of us will have played before, and half the fun will be chatting about Easter Eggs and things that referrence stuff we know with foresight happens later in the series

Spoiler

Anyway I recently started and am on chapter 2 but won't get to play much more, probably not at all with my parents coming to visit until next week. The schedule is about right for me

Sure sometimes holidays and other RL stuff might get in the way, but we can catch up or play ahead in advance

@Jecica Away all July ? Cool !, somewhere fun ?

I think if we all waited till September / October the scheduling would be rather tight to keep things together as a group, but no reason you couldn't read through posts here as you play; I'm sure we'd all love to read and answer any comments you have as you do :)

Anyway just my opinion and preferences at the end of the day...if people did start as a group somewhat later I'll still follow the thread and likely pitch in (and my progress may end up lagging into sync in time)

• Riaise likes this

#22 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:47

While I agree with you, the point of a Let's Play is to appreciate the moments of the game at hand. I mean why else have a community play through? This entire forum could be used to discuss the game further. The point is to share in the experience together as we near the release of Chapters. Playing through it like this would allow us to remember the funny and sad and just plain amazing points of this game.

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

"What a strange feeling... I'm barely even scared. I can see... everything around me... I feel like... any outcome would be acceptable. That's right... no one's at fault here... nothing could have made a difference. Not in a world... ...that is this... ...Cruel." -Bertholdt Hoover, Attack on Titan

#23 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 22:10

@Jecica Away all July ? Cool !, somewhere fun ?

I think if we all waited till September / October the scheduling would be rather tight to keep things together as a group, but no reason you couldn't read through posts here as you play; I'm sure we'd all love to read and answer any comments you have as you do :)

Going to Greece, island Thasos for some long-awaited vacation :D

I decided on September to play TLJ/DF because that's closer to the DFC release so that I can experience it to the fullest. The other reason is I have a huge backlog of games, and there's also much anticipated Dragon Age Inquisition coming up in October... We'll see, maybe I manage to join you guys here along the way.

• Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil, DiskJunky and 1 other like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#24 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 July 2014 - 22:11

I'm in. I could make a Let's Play, too, if people wanted. But I don't know if I'd be any good at it.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#25 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:15

This is a great idea! I should be able to take part.
  • Edreamer Jamil and agirlnamedbob like this

#26 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7389 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 03 July 2014 - 15:38

I've already started my playthrough of TLJ and don't really want to start all over again so I'm not going to take part in that one, but, I will be happy to take part in the dreamfall half. :)

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#27 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 03 July 2014 - 16:39

Ditto on the DF playthrough :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#28 Sara

Sara

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 20:02

Great idea! I'll try to join in from time to time, but keeping a schedule is hard during the summer so I'll probably only watch a play through. It would be extra fun if it was made by someone on the forums though!

#29 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 03 July 2014 - 20:40

i'd be interested in watching a live play though or some sort, or maybe a lets play style video from some one who knows the game/story/ and all the theory's we have had over the years really well.

as it stand I wont bother playing along with a schedule, I can remember almost every single line of dialog in both games with out too much of a reminder ;)

#30 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 04 July 2014 - 00:01

I'm just gonna do it on the 28th.

Playing the prologue and chapter 1 up until she goes to sleep (I think this time I'm not gonna stay at the fringe but stay at home in the border house)

#31 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 00:52

i'd be interested in watching a live play though or some sort, or maybe a lets play style video from some one who knows the game/story/ and all the theory's we have had over the years really well

Well then, I recommend not watching my play through if I can figure out how to record it. ;)

Seriously, though, I haven't played through the game in years and I wasn't on the old forum, so fan theories are not my specialty. So I'm either going to seriously brush up to try to have an informative play through, or just let you guys laugh at me while I ramble and then get stuck and swear at the game. :P Not sure what people would rather watch. 

In all seriousness, though, if anyone does really want to see a forum made play through and has certain topics they'd like to see discussed, feel free to post them or PM them to me. I think my boyfriend is letting me borrow his headset and I also think I found a program that will work for recording. 

• trentjaspar, Riaise, Lee-m and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#32 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:20

Well then, I recommend not watching my play through if I can figure out how to record it.

heh, im sure i'd be interested in watching it :)

If you have an nvidia gpu, try nvidia shadow play.
FRAPS is very popular and easy to use also (I use it to record wow raid runs for my team). Its a bit cpu heavy tho.
d3dgear and movavi are ok too, but I think they all cost abit of money :/

Just for gods sake remember to put Wonkers brain back in, Ragnar didnt in the live playthough. I was most distressed.
  • khh likes this

#33 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:11

I wonder if I can remember all of the theories...

• khh and toremygg like this

#34 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:29

Nah, you're too old now, Andy.

• wandrew and khh like this

#35 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:30

Oh wow. Are we really going to do this? :P

#36 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3558 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:32

Hey, I'm just speaking from experience! :D I'm WAY too old to remember all the theories...

#37 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:38

I replaying TLJ and Dreamfall now and search for every little clue/hint about story.

Notification 1 - Balance pictures (TLJ)

During first shift to Arcadia April ended in Temple and Tobias told her the story of Balance. In the very first picture, set in pre-Divide Earth you can see a HUGE TOWER, the man who used it for something and next picture presents Apocalypse, Chaos and start of Divide Tobias said that Chaos was a result of mixing science and magic. Hey isn't the same situation happend in Dreamfall? Dream Conspiracy used science and magic. The blueprints for Azadi Tower can be found in Necropolis and Necropolis can be pre-Divide city. So this means that Tower existed once and now is rebuild. Also Dream Conspiracy allows to control both worlds - Dream Machines in Stark steal your dreams and you became a drone and Tower in Arcadia can harvest captured dreams and use Dream Storm as fake sign from Azadi Goddess to fool other Arcadia nations.

So the Prophet must be someone who knew about that old Tower and what happend on old Earth before...one of 12 Sentinels or Dragon?

• Mixthos likes this

#38 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 711 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:41

Okay, so maybe "most" theories. "Some". "A select few."

#39 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:57

This is really cool :D don't think I'll be playing along for TLJ (played it during the kickstarter so I feel it's fresh enough) but will be following the discussion. And I'll probably join the Dreamfall playthrough :)
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#40 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:14

Notification 2 - Unexplained things (TLJ)

- who was the one Draic Kin who found Fathers and started Divide?

- what happend with first female Guardian - is there a connection to April?

- Why April is daughter of Mother? Who is her father?

- Who is Lady Alvane? Well in TLJ it was obvious but Dreamfall changed the situation...

- What happend with McAllen's plans about Warrior Shifters?

- What happend with McAllen and Cortez?

- What happend with Vanguard?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users