296 replies to this topic

#261 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 23:31

If I remember correctly, Benrime's a Seer, so it would have been very unlikely for her to miss anyone passing that way. So she's either lying or there's some weird stuff going on (I'm guessing the latter).

We really don't know much about the Prophet at this point and what he is actually capable of, so I would tend towards the latter also. Maybe some sort of mind manipulation? I don't feel Benrime would deliberately lie to April.

#262 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 721 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 00:06

If I remember correctly, Benrime's a Seer, so it would have been very unlikely for her to miss anyone passing that way. So she's either lying or there's some weird stuff going on (I'm guessing the latter).

Years ago we made a list of everything that isn't working (Dark People hive mind, etc.), a lot of which got chalked up to the Static.

#263 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 00:28

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 2 others like this

#264 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:21

Oh man, this is/was such a good idea! Shame I didn't see the thread earlier. Completely by chance I started exactly when you folks did (July 5th), but now I'm a little behind as I didn't play for a month or so. But I'm going to finish this week, so again by chance I'm going to finish with everyone!

I really wish I'd kept a log of all the things I noticed (e.g. hints toward questions, etc.) along the way. Such as it is I can only remember one thing that stood out (the strangeness and elusiveness of his explanation about his time in the Storytime to April in TLJ). :D

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#265 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:13

Damien just explained the dreamer to me, but there was something pequilar about it. He was hooked several times on a dreamer but Peats never noticed that he was apprehensive about it, or did he stop when he started to get suspicious. You can get a little suspicious while you're working on something before you realise you have to take action so I'd think that Damien was very lucky that he stopped using the dreamer when he did :)

Also Friar's Keep. They are adiment to send everyone off to sadir to get on trial, but why is Kian still there a year later (in dfc ?) Because it has to be a secret that their apostle is going to be beheaded or hanged ?

some trivia: So when you travel to arcadia t he first time, Reza's lighter goes POOF, either that's just a technical oversight, or Zoë can really leave things behind (just like  she can leave her clothes behind in Arcadia).

#266 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:20

Also Friar's Keep. They are adiment to send everyone off to sadir to get on trial, but why is Kian still there a year later (in dfc ?) Because it has to be a secret that their apostle is going to be beheaded or hanged ?

Who said that part is a year later ?

some trivia: So when you travel to arcadia t he first time, Reza's lighter goes POOF, either that's just a technical oversight, or Zoë can really leave things behind (just like  she can leave her clothes behind in Arcadia).

Zoe doesn't take anything to Arcadia. Not even her cloths. She dreams new ones. Her body never leaves stark.
  • wandrew and Riaise like this

#267 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 06 October 2014 - 15:57

Who said that part is a year later ?

Zoe doesn't take anything to Arcadia. Not even her cloths. She dreams new ones. Her body never leaves stark.

Damien had some mates round whilst Zoe was in the land of nod Arcadia, and at some stage someone needed a lighter ;)

• Riaise likes this

#268 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:28

Finally started replaying TLJ. Dreamfall to follow. Hopefully I get them both done before Chapters drops. 

And I have a confession to make. 

This is the first time I've replayed the games since I bought the TLJ+Dreamfall pack back in 2006 (ish... may have been early 2007...). I'm typically not one to replay games. In fact, I can only think of one or two story driven games that I've played more than once. Not sure why that is. 

I wanted to replay the games for the community replay. But I was having some technological difficulties and I got so frustrated I put it aside. That and I was sort of having issues getting back into it. Partly out of fear, I think. These games meant SO much to me...eight years ago. I pledged for the Kickstarter without hesitation. I've grown so fond of this community. But there's been this nagging feeling of "What if it isn't everything that I remember it to be?" Which was just more reason to put it off. Just chatting with people on here I've been realizing how much I've forgotten and...yeah. Weird anxiety about the whole thing. It's like opening a time capsule.

Finally got the game running properly and took the plunge, though.

Some of the early stuff with April was almost grating to me. She'd say things here and there and it was like listening to parts of my younger self that I try to forget about. Slight cringe factor. I was enjoying the game regardless, but really starting to worry that maybe I'd outgrown it or something and the magic wouldn't be there the way it had before. 

Then I finally hit that moment where Cortez helps April shift and you get that line... "You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life."

I don't know if it's just because it's been such a long journey at this point or if that was just the tipping point for me getting back into the groove, but boom.

tumblr_mbrnautP5N1r2mgd4.gif

Feels. All of feels. Like the flood gates opened and every scrap of feels I've had towards these games suddenly hit me at once. I'm sitting here playing this game and nearly bawling. Not in a bad way, either. I just want to crawl inside of this game and wrap it around me like a blanket. 

It's good to be home. 

• Tina, Chocobo_sage, skadet and 9 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#269 Future Markus

Future Markus

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:49

It's good to be home. 

Agreed, it's been a real trip. I'm guessing a lot of people haven't played either game since, oh, 2007.

I don't know if this is just because I have bad memory or because of better hardware, but my memories of DF are much less... rich than it feels now. Having played DF first and then TLJ, I remember connecting with TLJ a lot more. It felt more dynamic, more engaging; stronger verisimilitude. Like a place I could actually imagine being in as opposed to merely observing it. But this time, uh, wow. There's so much detail and craft that I hadn't noticed that it's almost like I'm playing a whole new game.

And an actual whole new game starts unfolding on the 21st.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#270 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2424 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:36

Then I finally hit that moment where Cortez helps April shift and you get that line... "You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life."

I've always felt that was the magic moment in TLJ, where the adventure really starts. It's still my favourite moment in the game. :)
  • Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and agirlnamedbob like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#271 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:27

Favorite moment from tlj is the dragon clash on top of the building. it adds so much layer to the whole "fighting for control over the supernatural" idea from this game, and we have the impression that Cortez is the good guy and McAllan was the bad dragon who strayed from the plan by not wanting unification and just control the twin worlds.

But dreamfall (plus some theories here) seem to suggest that it's Cortez who wants the unification of the world, but is that such a good thing ? Knowing that people became evil when being able to practice both science and magic, that's why the worlds where split the first time around.

My favorite moment from dreamfall is when Zoë first meets Damien and he explains the dreamer.  The good part is that it doesn't really explain everything at all,. Him telling what waticorp is working on makes the whole conspiracy even more mysterious, because it seems like the company is run at two levels.Those who work on the immediate technology and don't really notice what it's about, and those who know what they are doing by putting eingana in place, all the mind spyware going on and stuff, and probably also have a knowledge about what they are doing in Arcadia with the tower.

But the tearjerker moment is when Zoë is in the dollhouse living the last momenths of Faith.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and Riaise like this

#272 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:07

But dreamfall (plus some theories here) seem to suggest that it's Cortez who wants the unification of the world, but is that such a good thing ? Knowing that people became evil when being able to practice both science and magic, that's why the worlds where split the first time around.

We only know that Cortez set up Brian's journey which resulted in unchaining of Undreaming. But this happend in 1933 so long time before events from TLJ.

#273 AlraM

AlraM

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Emerald and Sunny City of Bucharest

Posted 08 October 2014 - 00:21

schedules scaaare me :(

:sotb:--;@  :wub:  The world is moved by illusions. So be... cautious.  :wub: @;-- :sotb:

#274 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:43

GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Okay, I need some help.  I'm working my way through Dreamfall and I've gotten to the place where I've 'talked' to Damien (remember that long, long, long conversation????) and he has opened the doorway for me to go down to level -58.  The problem is that Zoe gets stuck in the doorway and just keeps 'walking' and not going anywhere.  Can't go forward, can't go back...I'm literally stuck without being able to do anything.  Anyone else have this glitch and know how to get around it?  The bad part is that I have to go through the conversation again every time I try something new so it's taking about five minutes everytime I try again.  *GROAN*

#275 whittard_mt

whittard_mt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:00

GAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  Okay, I need some help.  I'm working my way through Dreamfall and I've gotten to the place where I've 'talked' to Damien (remember that long, long, long conversation????) and he has opened the doorway for me to go down to level -58.  The problem is that Zoe gets stuck in the doorway and just keeps 'walking' and not going anywhere.  Can't go forward, can't go back...I'm literally stuck without being able to do anything.  Anyone else have this glitch and know how to get around it?  The bad part is that I have to go through the conversation again every time I try something new so it's taking about five minutes everytime I try again.  *GROAN*

This happend to me too, but when I Alt-Tabbed out then in again she popped through, then Damien got stuck and I did it again and he went through.

Hope this helps you.

• Riaise and Dmm like this

#276 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2294 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:26

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  It worked.  Whew!!!

• Riaise likes this

#277 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 October 2014 - 13:31

Yay, glad it worked, Carla! :D

schedules scaaare me :(

Aww, sorry about that. The schedule is pretty much finished, though. Everyone can play freestyle from here on in! :lol:

P.S. I finished it. Oh, Faith...  :megatear:

• WorldsReunited likes this

#278 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:27

Ah, I should've seen this thread earlier, started playing Dreamfall a couple of days ago. Loving it, and it makes me even more excited to play Chapters. Hopefully Chapters will work fine on my computer. If not, I'm buying a PS4 :rolleyes:

• skadet and Riaise like this

#279 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4008 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:39

Ok so this weekend i hope to finish TLJ for the umpteenth time! I was on schedule for a while, then life got in the way and i halted at chapter 6 haha. But since i won't be playing DF:C until the PS4 release, i have time to get through Dreamfall too i think. ;)
  • Riaise likes this

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#280 Jemobulas

Jemobulas

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationBulgaria - Varna

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:27

Greetings everyone. Due to me traveling for a while as of late I didn't had much contact with the community. I've just read through this topic & I'm so hyped to see so many people replaying TLJ & D:TLJ - those great & to some even life changing games. To not risk of repeating myself I'll just link here http://redthreadgame...ving-the-dream/ my post of me sharing my thought about the games. Anyway I didn't had the change to join the replaying but after Dreamfall Chapters comes out & I assimilate every last drop of it I'll gather a large group of friends at home for a couple of days & we'll go through all 3 of the games. Like bob girl for example I feared of replaying the games but at one point a good opportunity showed up & me & my girlfriend went through them both together. She immediately became a huge fan & now we're both waiting together for 21st of October. TLJ & Dreamfall: TLJ have always been my most favourite games of all time & I've hooked more people to them than other got hooked to the Dreamers.

I wish You all great times! ^_^

• Tina, khh, Riaise and 1 other like this

Jemobulas: Eternal fan of The Longest Journey saga seeking to help for the development of Dreamfall Chapters in any way possible!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users