296 replies to this topic

#241 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:10

I'm going to make fast playing of The Longest Journey and Dreamfall to celebrate very close release of Dreamfall Chapters Book One. I plan to reach ending of Dreamfall in the DFC Book 1 release day.

• Riaise and CosmicD like this

#242 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 October 2014 - 18:15

I'm in The Victory Hotel in Dreamfall. This is first location where Dreamfall became mysterious and ties to TLJ. This is a place where WATIcorp testing dreamer. This place is very supcious. The Victory Hotel..."Victory Hotel" was a name of the film which Cortez watched in Mercury Cinema. And in camera room Faith arrived in Room 201 (April's room) and show Zoe where old picture of April and her friends is located. So Faith seems to be somehow connected to April. Why WATI chose Border House and Venice to test dreamer? Is Cortez involved?

Vanguard HQ were located in Venice. Vanguard was in huge power over Venice. 

• Riaise, CosmicD and Starseeker like this

#243 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:49

I figured since Newport and Venice had become such run- down and dubious places it's a good spot for questionable things like testing the Dreamer on people, People whom I assume aren't missed by anyone. Perhaps noone even knows they're gone. Or maybe they're just a bunch of volunteers not knowing what they got into but needed the Money offered. If that was the case though I doubt there was ever any Money or intended to be when you see the zombie like state of them.

• toremygg likes this

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#244 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:21

Everytime I see the word 'noone' I think noon not no one. :lol:

• wandrew likes this

#245 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:55

Heh, yeah I think of this guy:

PeterNooneSheetMusic.jpg

#246 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 October 2014 - 13:33

Some thinks from replaying of Dreamfall:

ALCHERA

Awesome chapter. So much story in it. This is the most intense part of Dreamfall. What is Eingana? Zoe said that it looking more like alien creature than biocomputer. Is it captured Draic Kin? I was so close to figure out identifity of the Prophet! But i lost him. What happend in Dream Chamber? What April did to channel of dreams? She powered it?

DESTINY

Some revelations. April isn't White Kin but she is still a sister to White Dragon. Something hunts Kin. Description ties to Undreaming. This enemy isn't mortal. All Dragons are silent. Crow is very important. Gordon doesn't notice that Azadi technology in Arcadia touches the Balance. April isn't the one who will save Dreaming. Dreams passes from Stark to Arcadia but not in other side because dreams are captured in Dream Chamber.

CONVERGENCE

So strong and intense talk between enemies, Rebel and Azadi, April and Kian. Kian knows April somehow so they must be connected in someway. 

More to come!

#247 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 03 October 2014 - 13:44

If anyone is still following the schedule, then it's time for the ending! Chapter thirteen (The Longest Journey) and the epilogue (Dreamfall). Thanks so much to everyone who played along and contributed to the thread. It's been fun! :D

I figured since Newport and Venice had become such run- down and dubious places it's a good spot for questionable things like testing the Dreamer on people, People whom I assume aren't missed by anyone. Perhaps noone even knows they're gone. Or maybe they're just a bunch of volunteers not knowing what they got into but needed the Money offered. If that was the case though I doubt there was ever any Money or intended to be when you see the zombie like state of them.

They may have been homeless people, there were a lot of them around Venice. It's still a pretty big coincidence, though, that they decided to test the Dreamer in the one place that leads Zoë to finding out who April is.

What is Eingana? Zoe said that it looking more like alien creature than biocomputer. Is it captured Draic Kin? I was so close to figure out identifity of the Prophet! But i lost him.What happend in Dream Chamber? What April did to channel of dreams? She powered it?

I think when I first played that I just assumed that Eingana had been grown in the laboratory specifically for the purpose of storing dreams and thoughts. I never thought that she may actually be something else. About the Dream Chamber, it may just be the fact that she disturbed it, rather than April herself having done anything to the dreams.

#248 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:14

I'm now in the victory hotel aswell, about to bribe the australian in thinking I'm new workforce (and I won't go for anything else :P)

I don't know why, but when I see the fringe in dreamfall I get this thought that when you see it from tlj's perspective, you always arrive in a street that faces across the door from the café, not from all the left, and I wonder why Zoë calls the mystery door a "total irrelevant door". That seems to be fan service than anything else, I mean how does she know that this door is "special" ? Does it have fixed ties to the house of all world, does Lady Alvane just randomly choose it to pass April trough in TLJ ?

Also the mystery of Reza's lighter that is actually just going POOF after a while, makes me wonder if that puzzle had been cut.

#249 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 11:08

Reza's lighter? I have no memory of that! What was that about?

#250 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:03

Reza's lighter? I have no memory of that! What was that about?

During investigation in Victory Hotel, just before arrive of Faith, you can see blood on floor and you can find Reza's lighter.

#251 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:21

During investigation in Victory Hotel, just before arrive of Faith, you can see blood on floor and you can find Reza's lighter.

Perhaps it's just there just to confirm he was actually there if nothing else :)

• Riaise likes this

#252 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:26

Perhaps it's just there just to confirm he was actually there if nothing else :)

My guess is that Reza was attacked by that dog and he was hurt. At some point they captured him and connected to Dreamer. Peats take over his dreams and Reza was stuck in nightmare in Storytime.

• CosmicD likes this

#253 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 13:23

Ah yeah, that rings a very faint and moss-covered bell. It was only a few months ago that I replayed Dreamfall, I guess my memory ain't what it used to be! Mind you, the upside is I can play it again and be surprised anew ^_^

#254 pazzer

pazzer

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 23:08

White dragon seems to know everything. Was a nice touch to see crow going on ahead of Zoe as followed dark person. Curious as to what it is about Westhouse that makes White uneasy.  Seems to hint that she's not been in human form that long. Which begs the question when and why did she switch forms.

Wow, everything seems to be happening at once. April seems fired up about rescuing Benrime. Enjoyed speaking to people in camp. Slightly puzzled as to why Azadi gave April name of Scorpion and why assumed was male.  No heroic death, heck she didn't even put up a fight. Guess she really did have a death wish.

Seems Brynn dead too.White attacked by someone she recognised. Likely Westhouse. Though was crow there as well as hear flapping of wings. 

Damien been brave, though apartment would surely be checked out anyway.  Nice message from Zoe's dad. Though curious how knew it was Zoe calling.  Zoe's new clothes make her look like a burglar. Another great travel scene.Evil company preforming test on poor Faith. Wonder what made her sick?

Lucky there was a taxi waiting outside. Zoe changed clothes again. Liv's gone into hiding. Loving the song that's playing as Zoe goes home.Enjoyed call from Zoe's dad. Though why did Wonkers rat her out and found it a bit creepy cameras in the house which could be used to monitor Zoe.

Faith's house opening like doll house was great and scene with Zoe was very touching. Though raises several questions, who is the white lady, how was April saved and is Helena Chang Zoe's mother. How does Zoe know that's not Reza?

Hostile takeover was nicely done. Scene with Wonkers has to be my favourite in whole game. Why worried about Zoe waking up?

Looks like Zoe's effort were all for nothing as dreamer released anyway. Looks like some things going on with the tower. End of credits made me laugh. What is Westhouse needed for?

• Riaise likes this

#255 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 12:35

Started yesterday with Dreamfall. Just finished the catacombs without being catched. Can remember most of the puzzles would have been stuck due to incoherence puzzle mechanics (door to catacombs, why do i have to observe it through game mechanics when i have already seen it myself on screen???)

graphics have aged rather well. there are some good textures around in the right places. playing now on 1440p SSAA 4x it still looks good -> superb design . some areas still feel small though.

• Riaise likes this

#256 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 16:09

I came trough a passage of the game that is very relevant to all the ISIL bullshit nowadays. Kian is a little bit too driven by faith in the godess wich is clearly imposed on the sixth by a greater fault but the mission is being lead under false pretence of "religion".

Kian tells him his faith is like rigns intertwined, and his master says "or 2 snakes biting eachother in the ass". And tells him not to confuse religion and the bodies of power (that makes me think he's asking him to be vigilant of true reasons why they go to war).

• Riaise likes this

#257 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 18:39

also... how in the blazes doesn't Benrime see the prophet come in the journeyman, you'd think he was a snake that rapidly crouched all the way to the basement stairs while she wasn't looking ? :P

#258 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 19:02

also... how in the blazes doesn't Benrime see the prophet come in the journeyman, you'd think he was a snake that rapidly crouched all the way to the basement stairs while she wasn't looking ? :P

Why not an invisibility potion? April used one in TLJ.

#259 spyked

spyked

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 05 October 2014 - 19:17

Why not an invisibility potion? April used one in TLJ.

If I remember correctly, Benrime's a Seer, so it would have been very unlikely for her to miss anyone passing that way. So she's either lying or there's some weird stuff going on (I'm guessing the latter).

#260 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 22:00

Just finished. Forgot some of the later stuff. The end is just sad and an enormous cliffhanger :tear:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users