#1 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 19:54

With Book One of Dreamfall Chapters on it's way, many of us will be thinking about replaying The Longest Journey and/or Dreamfall to refresh our memories and get ourselves back into the spirit of the games. This thread is a place for us to share our thoughts and comments about the games as we play through them at the same pace together. 

I'm thinking of a rough schedule like this:

Week 01: July 4th - 10th The Longest Journey - Prologue, Chapter One, Chapter Two

Week 02: July 11th - 17th The Longest Journey - Chapter Three, Chapter Four

Week 03: July 18th - 24th The Longest Journey - Chapter Five, Chapter Six

Week 04: July 25th - 31st The Longest Journey - Chapter Seven, Chapter Eight

Week 05: August 1st - 7th The Longest Journey - Chapter Nine, Chapter Ten

Week 06: August 8th - 14th The Longest Journey - Chapter Eleven, Chapter Twelve

Week 07: August 15th - 21st The Longest Journey - Chapter Thirteen, Epilogue

Dreamfall:

Week 08: August 22nd - 28th Dreamfall - Prologue, Chapter One, Chapter Two

Week 09: August 29th - September 4th Dreamfall - Chapter Three, Chapter Four

Week 10: September 5th - 11th Dreamfall - Chapter Five, Chapter Six

Week 11: September 12th - 18th Dreamfall - Chapter Seven, Chapter Eight

Week 12: September 19th - 25th Dreamfall - Chapter Nine, Chapter Ten

Week 13: September 26th - October 2nd Dreamfall - Chapter Eleven, Chapter Twelve

Week 14: October 3rd - 9th Dreamfall - Chapter Thirteen, Epilogue

That should keep us all on track and roughly at the same parts of each game.

We can begin on Friday (4th July), if that's all right with everyone. Feel free to join in and I hope everyone has fun! :D

• wandrew, Chocobo_sage, Edreamer Jamil and 6 others like this

#2 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 01 July 2014 - 20:22

I think that's a really good schedule :)

This is going to be soooooo much fun!

"What a strange feeling... I'm barely even scared. I can see... everything around me... I feel like... any outcome would be acceptable. That's right... no one's at fault here... nothing could have made a difference. Not in a world... ...that is this... ...Cruel." -Bertholdt Hoover, Attack on Titan

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 20:39

So if we start July 4th... That means the schedule would look like this.

Week 1: July 4th - 10th

Week 2: July 11th - 17th

Week 3: July 18th - 24th

Week 4: July 25th - 31st

Week 5: August 1st - 7th

Week 6: August 8th - 14th

Week 7: August 15th - 21st

Just for people who are bad with dates and scheduling (like myself). 

I've got a convention that falls between Weeks 6 and 7, but I think I can probably manage this regardless. 

• Riaise likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 20:41

Oh, good idea. I'll add the dates in to the first post. :)

#5 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1928 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:24

I'm already going to be behind. :(  My weekend's booked.  Maybe I'll just watch a Let's Play or something.  Hey, would that be a good idea to post a link to a Let's Play video after each section is done?

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#6 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:34

Well it's not a strict schedule, you can always catch up when you have some free time and join in with us then. Or just join in anyway :D.

I don't know much about Let's Plays, but if someone knows of a good one then I'd be happy to link to each section. :)

#7 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:37

If I knew how, I'd video a Let's Play. I don't know what you need for that. GOOGLE!

"What a strange feeling... I'm barely even scared. I can see... everything around me... I feel like... any outcome would be acceptable. That's right... no one's at fault here... nothing could have made a difference. Not in a world... ...that is this... ...Cruel." -Bertholdt Hoover, Attack on Titan

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:43

I was more or less thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if I'd be able to do one, but if I can figure it out, I'd be willing to try. Though I may have to brush up on a few things before I play the game, since I haven't played them in years. And you'd all probably laugh at me trying to suffer through some of the TLJ puzzles that I don't remember the solutions to.  :blush:

• trentjaspar likes this

#9 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:47

We won't laugh, we'll be too busy suffering through them ourselves!  :lol:

• Teller likes this

#10 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1928 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 01 July 2014 - 22:05

Isn't that what editing software is for?  Besides, after watching the Dreamfall playthrough I doubt Ragnar would do much better. :D

• DiskJunky likes this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#11 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 22:06

Yeah, this doesn't work for me in July. I'm on vacation, out of the country. I was gonna play both games in September/beginning of October anyway, when the weather is cooler and not much happening outside :)

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

#12 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2322 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 01 July 2014 - 22:15

I bought (via steam) TLJ after I trowed money at the screen when I heard about the KS and it was hell to get it working. After that my PC got the hiccups (not because of that) so everything I had to do was lost. I'm not going to do that again (right now). My laptop is quite fucked at the moment, anyone bother to/have the oppertunity to make a stream?

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#13 Chocobo_sage

Chocobo_sage

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3992 posts
  • LocationA shack in the Northern Continent

Posted 01 July 2014 - 22:15

I may be able to do this, though i'll probably start a week late and finish a week early  on TLJ haha. Mainly cause i've got a game to finish first and i'm doing stuff around week 6-7 (in august).

But we'll see if I have the patience and/or be dilligent enough to stick to schedule.

Knowing me i'll either get through it in 2 weeks or just get distracted with another game and lag behind. lol

Stew:The English gent, Therapy Ninja :ph34r: and owner of the magic Goatee of awesomeness. strokebeard.gifSolving mysteries with my spexy Partner - Glasses Lyd. B) "I don't use opiates but most of my best ideas come from day dreaming" - Chocobo Sage

Blog - https://chocobosage.wordpress.com/

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 19:02

Bumping this a.) to see if anyone else is interested in doing it and b.) to see how many people would be interested in a potential Let's Play style video of someone's play through. 

I can't promise that I can make a GOOD Let's Play, but I do have a friend who does those / Twitch Streams pretty regularly, so I can see if he can help me get something like that set up. 

• Chocobo_sage and khh like this

#15 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 02 July 2014 - 19:06

I'd be interested in watching a Let's Play or even Live Stream. I'd really like to do one but don't know what the best program to use or anything like that.

And whether or not it is a "good" let's play is of no concern. I'm sure it'll be great!

#16 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 19:24

I think it's a great idea to have a Let's Play video to watch. I'd be interested in watching if you do it, Erika. :)

#17 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:00

So, uh, what exactly is a community play-through?  When people in a gaming community play though a game on a schedule (like the one above) then after each section, start a thread and discuss those sections?  Anything else I should know?

Also, I assume it's not meant for first-time players because people will be making forward references?

^^^----- Not me, BTW, just curious

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "LEGO Lord of the Rings" and "Bioshock."  Previous game: "The Stanley Parable."   Updated 18-Mar-2019

#18 Undreamer

Undreamer

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationThe Storytime

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:10

So, uh, what exactly is a community play-through?  When people in a gaming community play though a game on a schedule (like the one above) then after each section, start a thread and discuss those sections?  Anything else I should know?

Also, I assume it's not meant for first-time players because people will be making forward references?

^^^----- Not me, BTW, just curious

I think this will be the only thread for it. Once that week is over, just that particular section will be talked about. This way new players and old players can discuss their thoughts on either playing through for the first time, or more likely reminiscing, about that particular section.

• Riaise likes this

#19 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:14

That's pretty much it. I haven't done one of these before, but I think it's just a chance for a group of people to play a game on roughly the same schedule so that we can discuss things in the game as they come up. I thought that since a lot of us will be replaying the games anyway before Chapters is released we might as well all play together, so that we can have discussions at the same time. :)

#20 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 20:29

I think it will be hard for experienced players not to make references to future content-- and really I don't see why they should have to.  This thread IS in the Spoiler section of the forums, after all.

If the intention really is for it to be available for first-time players, then the "ground rules" should be made very clear lest newbies get spoiled to future content.

Again, this doesn't affect me, but it's my two cents/pence/rubles/etc.

• DiskJunky likes this

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "LEGO Lord of the Rings" and "Bioshock."  Previous game: "The Stanley Parable."   Updated 18-Mar-2019

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Longest Journey, Dreamfall, Community playthrough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users