#81 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:25

I'm lost :wacko:  So what do I need to do in ME3 to improve my readiness rating? I have it maxed to 50% in single player...

(thread successfully hijacked)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#82 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:35

I'm lost :wacko:  So what do I need to do in ME3 to improve my readiness rating? I have it maxed to 50% in single player...

When I last played it, it was fixed to 50% from the start. To increase it you have to play the online multiplayer. Its a way of artificially making it look like there was a demand for the online feature. Which there was not.

It is possible to get the 'best' ending with out playing it online (which is what I did).
  • DiskJunky likes this

#83 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:37

Hah. Hijack away.

The multiplier gets stuck halfway. The only way to increase it is to play online.

But the multiplier is a red herring. You don't need it. The important thing is the absolute score. That will increase and go above the maximum required for full readiness without ever going online. The multiplier is simply a shortcut. So yes, it stays below 100% but it's completely beside the point.

To get full readiness in single-player just do all the missions, explore all the planets. Complete the single player things, basically. So it's not that the single-player narrative is in any way compromised by online multipliers. But if you go online you can choose to circumvent some of the single-player stuff and still get your readiness boosted.

• DiskJunky likes this

#84 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:40

Ah, that makes more sense I guess. I'd completed all the single player tasks and finished the game. I only got an a/b choice at the end which seemed like a bit of an anticlimax. I've heard of there being another ending that requires specific choices in all three games to get...and I couldn't be arsed :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#85 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 17:57

I got 3 choices at the end, but the funny thing was I didn't realise I could walk to the side so I just walked straight on the got the synthesis ending I wanted anyway :-D I mean, how can you play alongside the gorgeous EDI and not want to synthesise with her? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users