66 replies to this topic

#1 VegetableHarry

VegetableHarry

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 16:32

Hello,

I have a 3D display from ASUS. Most games doesn't support stereoscopic output by itself. Mostly I'm depending on 3rd party software (like Tridef) to play the games in 3D. I really hope that Dreamfall will have built in 3D support or is at least programmed an tested to work with Software like Tridef and NVidia 3Dvision.

Veggie

• Edreamer Jamil likes this

#2 Valy

Valy

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationNeuffen (Germany)

Posted 01 July 2014 - 21:19

I obviously don't know about Dreamfall Chapters, but Dreamfall works great in S3D. It makes the game look actually fresh. (for a ~8 years old game) 

The only exception is the water, but luckily there isn't much water in Dreamfall. 

• Edreamer Jamil and WorldsReunited like this

#3 Vaynen

Vaynen

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:12

I'm a fan of gaming with stereoscopic 3D as well. I prefer the side-by-side so my TV can render the 3D image. As far as I understand, Red Thread is using Unity to create Dreamfall:Chapters. There are plugins available in Unity for stereoscopic rendering, such as http://www.markusrap...nside-unity-3d/

But I don't think stereoscopic 3D is available by default in Unity

#4 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:36

I'm a fan of gaming with stereoscopic 3D as well. I prefer the side-by-side so my TV can render the 3D image. As far as I understand, Red Thread is using Unity to create Dreamfall:Chapters. There are plugins available in Unity for stereoscopic rendering, such as http://www.markusrap...nside-unity-3d/

But I don't think stereoscopic 3D is available by default in Unity

I think there's a good chance 3D will work fine for Chapters, but I can almost guarantee you that it won't be in place for the release of Book One.

We are actually planning on bringing a bunch of technical improvements and added features for books two and beyond, once our programmers are done with the bread & butter stuff like, hey, stable saving and loading. (I think we can agree that this is paramount.)

We're also working on Oculus Rift support. We had it running on the first dev kit, but now that everything's changed, we need to integrate again — and GUI is a big issue. But our hope is to have full Rift support in for Book Two — backwards compatible, of course.

As with everything, though: don't hold me to it! I'm just talking here.

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, khh and 1 other like this

#5 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:48

I think there's a good chance 3D will work fine for Chapters, but I can almost guarantee you that it won't be in place for the release of Book One.

We are actually planning on bringing a bunch of technical improvements and added features for books two and beyond, once our programmers are done with the bread & butter stuff like, hey, stable saving and loading. (I think we can agree that this is paramount.)

We're also working on Oculus Rift support. We had it running on the first dev kit, but now that everything's changed, we need to integrate again — and GUI is a big issue. But our hope is to have full Rift support in for Book Two — backwards compatible, of course.

Are you planing on making support for Project Morpheus on the PS4 also on a later date?

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#6 Vaynen

Vaynen

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 16:09

Wow Ragnar, thanks for the update! It sounds great and I'm looking forward to seeing it :) 

I don't mind if certain things are not in place for book one, I prefer to wait for the whole thing to be finished and have one big play through. After Dreamfall, I wouldn't dare face another cliffhanger ending.  

• trentjaspar likes this

#7 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 31 August 2014 - 16:56

(apologies for the off-topic)

After Dreamfall, I wouldn't dare face another cliffhanger ending.  

I think RTG should have made one more T-shirt design available during the Kickstarter. It would only need to have the following words in it:

TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE

after Dreamfall's cliffhanger ending

:lol: 

• Indrid Cold, DiskJunky and Vaynen like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#8 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:57

Are you planing on making support for Project Morpheus on the PS4 also on a later date?

Not with Dreamfall, no…

…but we may soon be tinkering with one. For. Other. Stuffs.

• Andreas likes this

#9 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 August 2014 - 21:58

(apologies for the off-topic)

I think RTG should have made one more T-shirt design available during the Kickstarter. It would only need to have the following words in it:

TRAUMATIZED FOR LIFE

after Dreamfall's cliffhanger ending

:lol: 

The great thing with doing episodes, is that we can now line up another FOUR cliffhangers before we have to actually resolve things.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

Well.

Uh.

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 9 others like this

#10 MailMan

MailMan

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 31 August 2014 - 22:06

The great thing with doing episodes, is that we can now line up another FOUR cliffhangers before we have to actually resolve things.

Well.

Uh.

I hope you're prepared for the indignant mass armed with torches and pitchforks arriving at your studio when they discover that the last episode raises more questions than it answers... :)

"Your rat catching skills will matter little in the grand scheme of things."

#11 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 September 2014 - 15:46

Ragnar has already said under separate cover that there will probably be "mini-cliffhangers" after each episode-- except PRESUMABLY the last.  Of course, things can change...nothing's official until we've downloaded it to our machines...

One more reason to wait until Book 5 to start playing...  ;)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#12 Andreas

Andreas

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationLillesand, Norway

Posted 01 September 2014 - 15:55

Not with Dreamfall, no…

…but we may soon be tinkering with one. For. Other. Stuffs.

My curiosity has officially awoken  :D

"Remember that today is tomorrow's yesterday and that tomorrow's yesterday is yesterday's tomorrow." - By Andreas

#13 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 18:28

Ragnar has already said under separate cover that there will probably be "mini-cliffhangers" after each episode-- except PRESUMABLY the last.  Of course, things can change...nothing's official until we've downloaded it to our machines...

I would expect a sort of cliffhanger at the end of the game to whet our appetite for TLJH, but still have a satisfying conclusion to DFC.

#14 LeChuck

LeChuck

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 18:39

I played Dreamfall in 3d, too.
Would be great if it will work with Chapters!
Asus 3d monitor here. :)
Ragnar Tornquist (Twitter): "Kiss or no kiss, he's always been (and will always be) gay!"

#15 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 September 2014 - 21:50

You know, I don't get this at all. Don't you people ever watch TV series?

I love being part of an evolving story, to share and discuss and experience it as it happens. To just sit on the sidelines for ten months and wait… Nope, I don't get it! The joy of episodic is just this: taking part. It's part of the reason we're going down this path, and I can't wait to jump on the forum every day to read the latest theories and arguments.

I do hope most of you will be along for the ride. As for the rest of you — I respect your decision to wait. I just…don't get it!

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, Riaise and 2 others like this

#16 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 September 2014 - 21:51

I would expect a sort of cliffhanger at the end of the game to whet our appetite for TLJH, but still have a satisfying conclusion to DFC.

It wouldn't be a TLJ saga game without SOME sort of cliffhanger…or at least a few unresolved story points. We can't just abandon tradition.

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, toremygg and 3 others like this

#17 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 21:58

We're relying on unresolved story points to keep us arguing for many years to come!

• Dmm and MailMan like this

#18 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 01 September 2014 - 22:07

... unresolved story points to keep us arguing for many years to come!

Oh no don't encourage him ! ;)
  • wandrew and trentjaspar like this

#19 trentjaspar

trentjaspar

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 16:59

You know, I don't get this at all. Don't you people ever watch TV series?

I love being part of an evolving story, to share and discuss and experience it as it happens. To just sit on the sidelines for ten months and wait… Nope, I don't get it! The joy of episodic is just this: taking part. It's part of the reason we're going down this path, and I can't wait to jump on the forum every day to read the latest theories and arguments.

I do hope most of you will be along for the ride. As for the rest of you — I respect your decision to wait. I just…don't get it!

LOL, I know I'm weird.  The biggest problem I face is that I take an extreme stance on avoiding spoilers.  I never watch previews for upcoming episodes.  I never watch recaps because sometimes they can hint indirectly at what's going to come*.  And when discussing an evolving story with others, they almost always watch the previews and say, "well based on what we saw in the previews, it looks like XYZ is going to happen."  And with a community like this one with people who are very smart and very well-versed in the lore, they ARE going to figure some things out (I think you've even confirmed this, IIRC).  Their predictions will be based on so much past knowledge, keen eyes for foreshadowing, and paying attention to minute details, that their conclusions will spoil my ability to theorize and predict on my own, and enjoy the unfolding story with a fresh eye, or at least my own eyes.

Oh, and as far as your question-- no, I don't watch story-based TV series with the exception of Game of Thrones.

I do admit it's a good thing that most people aren't like me in this respect.  I love that RTG will be able to read the forums and "read the latest theories and arguments."  What a thrill that must be to any game-maker!

* Perfect example of this:  Game of Thrones Season 3 episode 1...series recap shows Barristan Selmy getting stripped of his title and sent off by King Joffrey in Season 1.  We hadn't seen him since.  Hmm...I guess he's coming back soon, isn't he?!  I never watched recaps but I decided to watch that one.  As a consequence, I did not get to be surprised when he showed up early in Season 3.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Current game:  "Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle" and "The Cat Lady."  Previous game: "A Bird Story"

#20 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 02 September 2014 - 17:05

Well.

Uh.

I hate you already :angry: ;)  The DF ending had me like

giphy.gif

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users