95 replies to this topic

#1 Sanriel

Sanriel

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:29

I made this account just to say how disappointed i am after i finish the last episode and i hope i never see another chapter ever. After so many years in waiting i just cant.. cant accept that. Look Life is Strange and take some notes how to make good game again Red Thread Games.

#2 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:00

You seem very hurt about this! Please don't be so harsh on the team. They love their work and they did their best.

:(

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#3 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:32

Please be articulate, constructive and respectful with your feedback. What don't you like about the game and why? Clearly you don't like the fact that the game is not Life is Strange, but that's not a reason to tell the team that you are so disappointed with the game that you hope they never make another one in the IP. Personally, I love both games. There are obviously some things that are wrong with both. Neither is perfect; nothing is. But pointing out the fact that Dreamfall Chapters is not Life is Strange could not even remotely be considered feedback, let alone mature, articulate, constructive criticism. You're not just shouting into a void; we, and indeed, the team who sacrificed so much to create this game, can hear you.

• WorldsReunited, Vainamoinen, Ceres and 8 others like this

#4 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:41

You're not just shouting into a void; we, and indeed, the team who sacrificed so much to create this game, can hear you.

Well, yes, but it's still a community discussion forum, not one to make an account, address three derogatory lines to the developers directly and then vamoose. :wacko:

Clearly you don't like the fact that the game is not Life is Strange

Furthermore, Red Thread Games is not Dontnod Entertainment. I always hear Life is Strange was completed on a "comparatively small budget", but what that means for a studio funded by Sony directly and with a three digit number of employees – as opposed to Red Thread Games' mere dozen – I'm hearing nothing about that.

• Valiah, toremygg, Ceres and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#5 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:44

Well, yes, but it's still a community forum, not one to address three lines to the developers.

Furthermore, Red Thread Games is not Dontnod Entertainment. I always hear Life is Strange was completed on a "comparatively small budget", but what that means for a studio supported by Sony directly and with a three digit number of employees – as opposed to Red Thread Games' mere dozen, I'm hearing nothing about that.

I'm aware that it's a community forum. I'm just pointing out that the developers read this forum on a regular basis; I'm not sure if the OP was aware of this fact. The comment did seem to me to be addressed to the developers more than fans, but I could be mistaken.

You're absolutely correct. It's astonishing to me that a mere thirteen people (aside from the voice talent and translators and such) created something this beautiful and expansive. This deserves far more recognition than it's yet received.

• NeilClaimer likes this

#6 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 13:07

guys....

1) of course the OP was aware...why else post here and say what he/she said?
2) comparing something to something else is one of the most used forms of criticism and it works. There is nothing wrong with it.

Having said that, it's pretty evident this is a rant and it needs more information to become a true thread. So I'd say let's just wait for more info ;)

• yodagreen3, Mr_Russ and charmed23 like this

#7 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 13:13

I'd argue that the OP didn't actually compare the two games; that would have required the OP to have mentioned anything about either game other than the fact that the OP likes one and dislikes the other, and that brings me to my original point; that the OP's comment is inarticulate, unconstructive and therefore disrespectful.

Also, I assume that the OP knows that RTG reads this forum, but I don't know it because the OP said that he/she signed up for an account here just to make that post. It's possible that the OP has been lurking and only now signed up, and it's also possible that the OP only found this forum because she/he wanted to find a place to make the post.

#8 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 13:35

Yeah: I think this is interesting and worth exploring indeed! ^_^

I'd argue that the OP didn't actually compare the two games; that would have required the OP to have mentioned anything about either game other than the fact that the OP likes one and dislikes the other, and that brings me to my original point; that the OP's comment is inarticulate, unconstructive and therefore disrespectful.

I wouldn't say that someone who can't properly articulate a constructive criticism is necessarily disrespectful. What I mean is that he/she might not be aware of it.
I gather it's full of...clumsy people...around the world. People that burst out their feelings but don't realize the form is not quite there.
As long as they don use vulgar and offensive language (say...something like "f@#k you guys! This thing is shit!") it's fine by me.

Sure: no one likes hearing someone telling them their art is not good enough...but there's always going to be someone. And most of the time they won't be much eloquent about it.
Also...
One thing is to say "Jolly good narrative there, lad. though you might want to give it a tad more interactivity". Another is saying "this was a juge disappointment". The second one implies a very difficult state of mind that necessitates a lot of self-control...

Also, I assume that the OP knows that RTG reads this forum, but I don't know it because the OP said that he/she signed up for an account here just to make that post. It's possible that the OP has been lurking and only now signed up, and it's also possible that the OP only found this forum because she/he wanted to find a place to make the post.

Yeah well we're not all-knowing...

#9 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 13:45

Yeah: I think this is interesting and worth exploring indeed! ^_^

I wouldn't say that someone who can't properly articulate a constructive criticism is necessarily disrespectful. What I mean is that he/she might not be aware of it.
I gather it's full of...clumsy people...around the world. People that burst out their feelings but don't realize the form is not quite there.
As long as they don use vulgar and offensive language (say...something like "f@#k you guys! This thing is shit!") it's fine by me.

Sure: no one likes hearing someone telling them their art is not good enough...but there's always going to be someone. And most of the time they won't be much eloquent about it.
Also...
One thing is to say "Jolly good narrative there, lad. though you might want to give it a tad more interactivity". Another is saying "this was a juge disappointment". The second one implies a very difficult state of mind that necessitates a lot of self-control...

Yeah well we're not all-knowing...

You could well be right. Perhaps I'm too judgemental because I'm capable of eloquence in the English language because it's the only language I know and I'm (usually) quite good with it. On the other hand, I don't judge people who aren't good with the language. I'd have said nothing if the OP had attempted to be articulate, but failed. In fact, I may have even agreed, depending on the specific comment(s). In this case, however, I didn't even see an attempt, and that's to what I take offense. I don't know if this is or isn't what the OP intended to say with their post, but it's exactly what I took away from it:

"Dude, I don't like this game at all! It's not at all like this other game that I do like! The people who made the game that I don't like should look at the game that I do like to figure out how to make a good game! My opinion is mine, so it's automatically correct and everyone on Earth should automatically know exactly what I mean and why I mean it when I say, 'Dude, this sucks and this rules!'"

Add to this the fact that I regularly have to listen to such drivel because of the country in which I live, and I hope you can see from where I'm coming. And don't tell me that not many Americans are like that; just look at how much support Onor Hilleriss Donald Drumpf currently has.

• the red of the kin likes this

#10 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 13:51

Well, if this first post remains the only message from the new member, we can let this thread die now. :ph34r:

• agirlnamedbob, Dmm, bongboy and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#11 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:04

We can only hope for the former, and if it turns out to be true, I'll be the second to suggest the latter.

#12 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:20

And don't tell me that not many Americans are like that; just look at how much support Onor Hilleriss Donald Drumpf currently has.

While it's been so long since I last visited America and I can't (nore couldn't back when I lived there) speak for all Americans...I see lots of people against Trump.
I think what's happening is, as usual, big multinationals are controlling mass-media communications and putting on the government who they want.

Populations are not necessarily stupid, but they're easily "veered"...subjugated with a carrot and a stick.

Dreamtime or virtual reality are not necessary when you have at your disposal something much more powerful: fear of the unknown.

#13 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 14:30

Indeed, there are a lot of us whom are against him, but what's so troubling is the fact that he keeps imitating benito mussolini's mannerisms, in addition to directly quoting the guy. He also re-tweets tweets that were originally tweeted by white supremacists, and when david duke officially endorsed him, he claimed to not know who david duke is, even though about 15 years ago, he spoke in harsh terms about his opinion of duke. He recently released a picture of Hillary Clinton with a pile of money next to her, and on top of said pile of money, he put a yellow star of david, which he took from a white supremacist website, where it was uploaded ten days earlier. Add to this all the other horrible shit he's said and done and you have yourself a proper fascist. This is clearly a horrible excuse for a human being, and yet most republicans are falling in line, some independents, and even 22% of Bernie Sanders' supporters are so butthurt about their candidate of choice not being the official Democratic nominee that they're threatening to vote for the #whinylittlebitch . Look at the polls and realize that this is not good. Even if that jackass gets 5% of the vote, it means that many millions of Americans are proud to be complete, unadulterated scum... which shouldn't be news to anyone who knows anything about the country.

For the record, I've been feeling the Bern for many, many years. I'm also a pragmatist and realist who realizes that if I can't get the wheat I'll settle for the chaff. Like Bernie, I'll do everything I can to try to prevent a Drumpf presidency, and if that means holding my nose and voting for $hillary, that's exactly what I'll do.

• Speak&Spell likes this

#14 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 July 2016 - 15:35

Guys, maybe we should not hijack this thread to talk about politics. That seems kinda... ...yeah. 

It would have been nice if the OP had been more constructive in their criticism, but I don't necessarily think it was wildly out of line. (Though, as always, if you think something violates our Community Guidelines, please alert a Mod.) 

So yeah, if the OP wants to have a discussion, great. If not... ...probably just let it go, like V said. Must resist urge to post Frozen gif. 

• Vainamoinen, Ceres, yodagreen3 and 2 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#15 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:04

R1sIadPan02Dm.gif

• Emmote, bongboy and the red of the kin like this

#16 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 16:59

R1sIadPan02Dm.gif

This is one of my most fun moments in cinema...it's just nostalgia :D
  • bongboy likes this

#17 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 17:09

Guys, maybe we should not hijack this thread to talk about politics. That seems kinda... ...yeah. 

It would have been nice if the OP had been more constructive in their criticism, but I don't necessarily think it was wildly out of line. (Though, as always, if you think something violates our Community Guidelines, please alert a Mod.) 

So yeah, if the OP wants to have a discussion, great. If not... ...probably just let it go, like V said. Must resist urge to post Frozen gif. 

I agree; it wasn't wildly out of line or against the community guidelines, but it did deserve a proper fish slap, hence my first post in this thread.

#18 Sanriel

Sanriel

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 06 July 2016 - 18:33

Well my eng is not very good and shall try to explain and be quick. I love the past games... the story... the magic behind. But here except the story and the some nice character models everything else is just average at best. The art and the optimisation are very poor. The gameplay is so broken and limited, the choices are illusion. I shall give a example - you can reject Reza, but in the end the game force you to be with him no matter the choise you made before. Why?! And what are these intimate moment you can unlock ? They are so out of place and are no way intimate. The music is good, but the story again is not finish and i dont want to wait another 10 years to see the real end. I know a lot of people here love this story... i love it to, but i feel so disappointed.

#19 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:38

Hi Sanriel

A lot of stuff can be improved, true. You're right: much can be done to make things work better. But think about it...is it really that bad? I think the Art is gorgeous. At the same time I am aware the facial animations could be much improved ..that alone I think could totally change your opinion. But the voice acting? Impeccable...and it makes up for all that's missing in the animations.
Yeah, the gameplay could be better, sure. But broken? I think this is going a little too harsh. Then again I played the PC version, with keyboard and mouse, while maybe the experience was much more problematic on other platforms and controllers? What was so bad that really got you frustrated?
The choices are an illusion: they most definitely are. I think many players (I seen this on Steam too) got really confused...or maybe the advertising was not done in the proper way. Dreamfall Chapters in not a game about making your own path. There are no multiple endings. 

Back in the day I played a game...Blade Runner..the hell of a game. It had 4 different endings if I recall it right. That's the most I got from a "multiple endings" videogame...unless we want to talk about the ME multicolored endings, no? ;)
In DFC you can choose some thing...but the "choices"?...I see them as opportunities to ponder on the moral values of what you're doing. In some cases a character will die if you act a certain way..but that never meant to me that my choices would affect how the story would go.
Nonetheless I must agree with you in some cases I didn't get answers to side-stories I would have liked to know more about. And I asked myself "why put this side-story in, if there was no time to develop it?". The answer is no one is perfect and risk is part of any job. The devs took some risks and some went well, others didn't.

I too sincerely hope we won't wait another 10 years before the next story! In the meantime I will (and urge you to) replay Dreamfall:The Longest Journey and Dreamfall Chpaters in one marathon because all the negativity I had was blown out of proportions because of the episodic format.
The more time goes by the more it all sediments the more I get the sense I have to replay it all.

EDIT: but right now I'm too busy helping a friend record an album. I'm thinking this fall...

• yodagreen3 and LoCortes like this

#20 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 19:55

*sighs* No need to be a broken record. 

Blade Runner is free ware now.

I recommend it to all of you who have never played it before. 

• LoCortes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users