5 replies to this topic

#1 burnsflipper

burnsflipper

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 13:16

I finished Book 5 a couple of days ago, so I haven't been on the forums in ages.

One thing I'm confused by, having read some recent threads, is people saying "April was reborn as Saga". There's quite a few threads that state this by different people.

Is this true? Did someone state it in the game, and I missed it? Or was it implied somehow? Or is it just a conclusion that people have reached through forum discussion?

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 13:43

It's a conclusion of sorts, and never explicitly stated in the game, but – at least if we're working with a broader idea of rebirth – pretty much the only explanation there is.

The very first scene of Chapters, switching from April's funeral right into the House of All Worlds, that was ample hint enough. We saw seven year old Saga remember vivid details from April's life, including especially her companionship with Crow that Saga will eventually continue. We've been told again and again that April is reborn, both by Abnaxus and Storytime April herself. And lastly, Lady Alvane at the very least says that she experienced April's story through her own eyes.

Basically, there's either a form of reincarnation at work here or there is an infinitely worse explanation, with no third option at the horizon. :P

• Ringtail, yodagreen3, Mr_Russ and 2 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 jmk1999

jmk1999

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:05

so i just finished the game and i've been thinking the same, but there's some inconsistencies. one would be how does saga age? are we to assume she's reborn from a previous "telling" of april's story since the story repeats, or what? i assume that we may get more answers as to who saga truly is when TLJH comes out. i also hope that saga's a playable character in it (or gets her own story/game) because i really liked her character and i think there's quite a bit to be told about her beyond the few short glimpses we get into her life.

#4 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1564 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:56

What's Book One called again? ;)

• debro and merryawe like this

#5 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 19:29

Abnaxus states it more or less explicitly, well as explicitly as he can state anything. :) But he makes a direct connenction between April and The Girl Who Walked Between Worlds (Saga), I think that's the most definite confirmation we get, next to all the other clues.

The way it is described in the game, I would guess that April had a human part and an immortal, Kin part, an entity (the Dragon of Spring, the "sister-daughter" of the White), and that immortal soul is the one that is maifesting herself again and again in new human beings. (who have their own, independent personality, since Saga is definitely not completely April)

• Mr_Russ and Camillo like this

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2018 - 19:20

In Dreamfall Chapters Abxaxus sais that April was reborn in two but apart - Dragon of Spring and Girl Who Walked Between The Worlds. Mortal and Immortal. Human and Kin. In Dreamfall April and White Dragon died around the same time. So my new theory is that Dragon of Spring is White Ghost from Interlude. The Girl is Saga (Lady Alvane) of course. The Ghost told Saga that they will be reunited and tell stories. Lady Alvane is story-teller. So i think that some time after DFC Epilogue Lady Alvane will be reunited with White Ghost and became new Mother.

Also my new theory is that Zoe saved April when she and Crow found her in Storytime. After April and Crow were reunited they were reborn as Saga and new Crow.

Its pretty complicated ;)
  • Starseeker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users