57 replies to this topic

#41 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:28

There may be more answers if you click on the tea-cup more than once in the Epilogue.

Not much. Just that Rose went "post-physican" and she joined her Alvin.

#42 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 19 November 2016 - 23:32

I know, who Queenie is.;D

#43 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 21:05

Wow, that's eerily a pretty good contender for her...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#44 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:10

I might be months late with this, but foreign translators have found the missing conversation in the files.

• magic88889, Pawlo_86 and Starseeker like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#45 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:38

Could we get an English translation of that?  I used google translate, and most of it makes sense, but there are phrases everywhere that make no sense.

From the bit that made sense:

Queenie is Rose, and she founded Wati with Alvin Peats.

• the red of the kin likes this

#46 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:55

I found a little more

- Alvin Peats and Rose are founders of WATIcorp,
- Alvin was a good man and Rose loved him,
- It seems that Helena Chang conviced Peats to create Dreamer,
- Peats had his own plan - use Dreamer to became immortal,
- those strange towers in Propast are releated to manifestation of dreams. My guess is that Propast is made of dreams,
- after Twins killed him Alvin Peats was still alive in DreamNet and Queenie can hear him,

I really hope so that Queenie dialog will be in The Final Cut!!! It contains a lot of revelations to Stark part of Project Alchera and links to unsolved plot points from Dreamfall.
  • merryawe, the red of the kin and Starseeker like this

#47 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:06

So I guess Queenie in the end wasn't a dragon :)

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#48 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 January 2017 - 13:09

So I guess Queenie in the end wasn't a dragon :)

Yeah but its cool that she is founder of WATIcorp. I wonder how Saga/LA learn about Rose's story. I will try to find more in Zoe-Queenie transcript.

#49 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1847 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 15 January 2017 - 13:16

I wonder how Saga/LA learn about Rose's story. I will try to find more in Zoe-Queenie transcript.

I think it's implied by the comments at the end of the game, that Saga and Rose became friends after the events of DFC. Its just anything that relates to that seems to have been brutally cut.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#50 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 23:19

Rose/Queenie is actually The Madame who acted as Saga's teacher she mentioned in Interlude III. It was implied since Book One that Queenie seemed to spend her life helping young girls like her assistant and Hanna. The assistant also called her The Madame.

What I'm confused about is how Queenie is still alive if she's over 200 years old and not a dragon. She hasn't kept herself alive with machinery and turned to mush like Alvin - she seems perfectly normal. Is it just advanced technology, even more advanced than the machine Alvin used? Could all of us live to be her age? Or is she just time traveling via songlines, since she can access the House of All Worlds? I find that scenario less likely though since she has no reason to travel to 2220 other than living into it in her own timeline.

From the conversation, I understand that Rose and Alvin were sort of the original Helena and Gabriel, but 200 years earlier, each pair with a vision for advancing mankind that was ultimately hijacked and mishandled. Alvin wanted to discover immortality through transhumanism and uploading the consciousness digitally etc., and eventually he must have "heard" Brian/the Undreaming through the machine somehow between TLJ and Dreamfall who convinced him to make the Dreamer. And as his consciousness transferred to a machine, his body left behind became that sick evil thing we saw in Dreamfall.

• Pawlo_86, Hellegennes, the red of the kin and 1 other like this

#51 Hellegennes

Hellegennes

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationGreece, Thessaloniki

Posted 17 January 2017 - 19:45

My guess is advanced medicine. It is possible that one of the next few generations will be the first to live incredibly long through extensive use of artificial transplants.

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#52 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:18

What I'm confused about is how Queenie is still alive if she's over 200 years old and not a dragon. She hasn't kept herself alive with machinery and turned to mush like Alvin - she seems perfectly normal. Is it just advanced technology, even more advanced than the machine Alvin used?

My guess, as Alvin was trying to develop some tech for "immortaity", he apparently partially succeeded, prolonging his life and life of Rose. However they still aged and were bound to die eventually. So in the end Alvin stumbled upon Chang's DreamNet research, but it was when Rose (Queenie) already left him. And as he tried some new  experiment on himself, he ended in the state we saw in DF (I can't remember cleary, but he was talking about pulled from darkness, so he apparently died at some point and was brought back).

#53 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 20:48

My guess is advanced medicine. It is possible that one of the next few generations will be the first to live incredibly long through extensive use of artificial transplants.

Well, any kind of transplant doesn't stop the body as a whole from aging. I would think advances at the genetic level which can benefit the whole body would be a better bet for extending life, such as finding a way to rejuvenate the telomeres.

#54 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 19:11

Wow, this conversation is amazing (based on what I could gather). I guess, it must have been planned to take place in the Jiva lab, after escaping from the Wonkers room but before meeting with Helena and Gabriel? I kind of understand why they cut it, Book 5 (and the whole game) already has lots and lots of long conversations, and this is not particularly interesting for those who are not familiar with the original Dreamfall. But I really, really, really hope that it will get back for the Final Cut. :) Or if not that, at least that we will be able to listen to this dialogue as a deleted scene. Please, RTG, make it happen. :)

• MisterMetropolis, Mr_Russ and Pawlo_86 like this

#55 LootHunter

LootHunter

Fringe Café Regular

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:04

Wow, this conversation is amazing (based on what I could gather). I guess, it must have been planned to take place in the Jiva lab, after escaping from the Wonkers room but before meeting with Helena and Gabriel?

Actually no. This conversation must happen after meeting Helena, because it's she who explains to Zoe about projecting herself into Stark real world. Queenie mentions that and Zoe is not surprised - so conversation must happen after her talk with Helena.

I kind of understand why they cut it, Book 5 (and the whole game) already has lots and lots of long conversations, and this is not particularly interesting for those who are not familiar with the original Dreamfall. But I really, really, really hope that it will get back for the Final Cut. :)

Maybe this conversation should be put in a dream? I mean that after Zoe awakes at WATI, there is an option to go to sleep (as Wonkers suggests) one last time. This would make this long conversation optional. And being a dream would explain all inconsistences, even information that Zoe can't know at this point. ;)

#56 Nancy Brown

Nancy Brown

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRussia, Stark

Posted 22 January 2017 - 23:20

Hey guys, did you see the cut dialogues? :) Queenie was Alvin's wife :)

http://ru.tlj.wikia.....com/wiki/Квини - from Russian TLJ wikia, unfortunately info in Russian but is translatable.

• merryawe and Starseeker like this

#57 Hellegennes

Hellegennes

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationGreece, Thessaloniki

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:00

Well, any kind of transplant doesn't stop the body as a whole from aging. I would think advances at the genetic level which can benefit the whole body would be a better bet for extending life, such as finding a way to rejuvenate the telomeres.

Well, the aging mechanism is poorly understood but we do get the gist of it and it's not an easy thing to fix. However, you can actually swap older dysfunctional vital organs for artificial ones. You'd still be frail and all wrinkly, but your important bits would work like a charm. There are also ways to improve bone density and tensile strength (which is really small for human bones). The real problem is the brain.

#58 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 15:27

Well, the aging mechanism is poorly understood but we do get the gist of it and it's not an easy thing to fix. However, you can actually swap older dysfunctional vital organs for artificial ones. You'd still be frail and all wrinkly, but your important bits would work like a charm. There are also ways to improve bone density and tensile strength (which is really small for human bones). The real problem is the brain.

As you said the brain is the real problem if you only extend life by fixing parts of the body. As we know, as the body ages it loses its ability to fight off illnesses. That is why the vast majority of super-centenarians die by 114. So using artificial organs to extend life much beyond 114 years doesn't seem very feasible due to the extreme fragility of the body as a whole by that age. 

It seems to me the only viable way to extend life much beyond 114 years has to come at the genetic level. Sure, we are still at the early stages of understanding how the aging mechanism works, let alone how to modify it, but a hundred years and more from now who can say what will be possible.

Of course long lives are possible for some in the TLJ universe because it is story where magic and science can both exist. So, some of the major stumbling blocks for creating extremely long lives in our world are not necessarily big issues there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users