#21 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 04 July 2016 - 22:38

Queenie being a Red or a Blue does not make much sense either, because they are not part of the story. If Cortez is alive... What happened to McAllen... we don't know these things. And none of them met Zoe before to say "When you visited the first time", mind you.

We haven't fully been told the full nature of the Kin. April is The Dragon of Spring. How was she a dragon? We know that April is the daughter of the White of the Kin and that Saga is her reincarnation - but how these things come about remains somewhat of a mystery. The connection between cyclical forces, transforming energy and the Kin is fuzzy at best. In the end, maybe Queenie gets lumped in the category of Unexplained along with Uncle Garth.

Note that Helena Chang and Queenie are Asian, and that WATI  is a Japaneses Corporation. 

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#22 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:54

Queenie as Dragon? Well she has a lot of Cortez's personality. She even named Zoe "Seniorita Castillo". But im not sure about this.

#23 Starseeker

Starseeker

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:38

April is The Dragon of Spring. How was she a dragon?

That's what puzzles me in Abnaxus speach. He says Crow was bonded to the Dragon of Spring, which implies it's April. Then Zoe asks him what's the Dragon of Spring, and he says "the new thing that comes to pass when old things die, the soul of she who saved the Balance reborn", which seems to point at Saga, because Saga was born when other Dragons were already dead and she is thought to be April reborn. But he already refers to Saga as The Girl Who Walks Between Worlds. Then again we can't even be sure, other Dragons were dead, we can only trust the White on this one.

While the rest of his words became more or less clear after Book 5, this part is still confusing. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

As for Queenie being a Dragon... I don't think so, unless Dragons have the ability not only to take human form, but to possess other people's bodies. But I have an idea how she could have been alive for about 200 years. Assuming she's both Rose, Saga mentions in the Epilogue, and the madame, who taught young Saga, she might have used THOAW to travel into future to escape WATI, when she left the company, like April used it to run away from the Vanguard.

EDIT: Just realized that then we'll still need an explanation how she came to know about Zoe and Hanna. Peats in DF says he spent his life working on Alchera, so she might have known about the project itself, but how she learned who the dreamers were?

Edited by Starseeker, 05 July 2016 - 08:47.

#24 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3553 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:09

That's what puzzles me in Abnaxus speach. He says Crow was bonded to the Dragon of Spring, which implies it's April. Then Zoe asks him what's the Dragon of Spring, and he says "the new thing that comes to pass when old things die, the soul of she who saved the Balance reborn", which seems to point at Saga, because Saga was born when other Dragons were already dead and she is thought to be April reborn.

Remember that Abnaxus is slightly unhinged from time. Also, remember that we might be talking about the Dragon of Spring as a concept here, not a person. It doesn't have to refer to one particular being, more a role that is taken up in the cycle of reincarnations of the White.

• inspector and Starseeker like this

#25 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 10:32

That's what puzzles me in Abnaxus speach. He says Crow was bonded to the Dragon of Spring, which implies it's April.

I just had a thought. If I remember correctly, Abnaxus also said that he doesn't know what all of that means because he "knows the words, not the meaning". Could he just have meant "the Dragon offspring"?
  • inspector likes this

#26 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:39

I just had a thought. If I remember correctly, Abnaxus also said that he doesn't know what all of that means because he "knows the words, not the meaning". Could he just have meant "the Dragon offspring"?

dragon_offspring.jpg

IT COULD!

• wandrew, Riaise, Jelena and 7 others like this

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#27 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:56

Yes, I thought it was a bit odd she mentioned Alvin, and I assumed it was Peats. While it could still be some rando we haven't met, I thought it might be a nice easter egg for those paying attention. If so, it does make you reconsider his 'unmistakable villain' reputation. And even if it didn't, was he a dragon who was reborn after death as something a bit... nicer? And if he was one of the Kin, which one? People thought Queenie could be Cortez, so that would make Peats... the Green? How does that work with the timeline, if Peats is 200 years old, but McAllen was rattling around just 10 years earlier?

• Ringtail and inspector like this

#28 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 05 July 2016 - 13:04

Having just played book 1 again, Queenie is more than just Queenie but is really obtuse about her previous name when Zoe asks about her.

#29 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 05 July 2016 - 16:21

dragon_offspring.jpg

IT COULD!

LOL, yes!! XD

• the red of the kin likes this

#30 shadakul

shadakul

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 16:28

I thought that at first until the epilogue in the HOAW. The title of the scene is Those That Walk Between Worlds. Saga connects Queenie with Rose, Alvin Peats partner. WATI turned Alvin Peats into Morpheus whom Zoe met in Chapter 6, Morpheus, of DF. WATI has been looking for Rose from that time on (which must have been close to 100 years?). So, I'm not sure what she is other than she was counted among those that walk between worlds.

It's been a long time since I've played DF:TLJ, when did it mention Peats having a partner named Rose? Not doubting, really, just curious.

#31 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 16:53

It's been a long time since I've played DF:TLJ, when did it mention Peats having a partner named Rose? Not doubting, really, just curious.

In the epilogue sequence with Saga in the HOAW. click on the floating teacup until all dialogue has been exhausted. Saga will talk about Rose and her creations, and about how she loved Alvin. A connection would have to be made with Zoe's conversations with Queenie where Queenie says that she has had many names and where she says that she has made mistakes in the past. Another connection would have to be made to what Damien told Zoe about Peats. Also read Zoe's diary a seen how impressed Zoe was with Queenie's floating teacup.

#32 Hellegennes

Hellegennes

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationGreece, Thessaloniki

Posted 08 July 2016 - 00:59

...the Vagabond? Or is this theory stupid? XD I've seen a few different theories and it's still not actually confirmed who she really is, as far as I can notice. As I'm replaying DFC at the moment without any suspense and pressure of the ending - since now I know what happens in the end - I can notice the details and stuff.

Well, the Vagabond says that he and Zoe will meet one last time after everything is over, but he says that way before you meet Queenie, hence seeing Queenie several times would contradict his words.

• bongboy and Jelena like this

#33 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 08 July 2016 - 14:40

Well, the Vagabond says that he and Zoe will meet one last time after everything is over, but he says that way before you meet Queenie, hence seeing Queenie several times would contradict his words.

Yeah, good point! I guess I was just really confused with all the mystery :D

#34 shadakul

shadakul

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 15:53

In the epilogue sequence with Saga in the HOAW. click on the floating teacup until all dialogue has been exhausted. Saga will talk about Rose and her creations, and about how she loved Alvin. A connection would have to be made with Zoe's conversations with Queenie where Queenie says that she has had many names and where she says that she has made mistakes in the past. Another connection would have to be made to what Damien told Zoe about Peats. Also read Zoe's diary a seen how impressed Zoe was with Queenie's floating teacup.

I know the bits from DFC, but the bits about what Damien told Zoe about Peats are the pieces I'm missing. What did Damien say about Peats?

#35 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 18:00

I know the bits from DFC, but the bits about what Damien told Zoe about Peats are the pieces I'm missing. What did Damien say about Peats?

Damien tells Zoe about Peats after Zoe escapes from Morpheus. The transcript should be on wikipedia. From memory: Peats was the founder of WATI Corp, he disappeared many years ago, nobody new what happened to him, there are rumors about Morpheus, and his connection to The Wire is what keeps him alive. My impression was that he was WATI's first reservoir of dreams and that he was kept alive by feeding on dreams. For WATI to connect Eingana to Dreamnet, Morpheus had to be disconnected - which was synonymous with ending his life. In the cut-scene at the end, I originally thought that Gilmore disconnected Morpheus in order to  kill him and take control, but she already was i control and needed to connect Eingana.

#36 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:39

There is new theory on Steam forums that Queenie can be Zoe from future. Evidences are Amber ROSE as codename for Zoe and that Zoe wrote in her journal that she wants to be like Queenie in future. So in this theory Queenie is Zoe's version of Lady Alvane.

#37 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3089 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:17

There is new theory on Steam forums that Queenie can be Zoe from future. Evidences are Amber ROSE as codename for Zoe and that Zoe wrote in her journal that she wants to be like Queenie in future. So in this theory Queenie is Zoe's version of Lady Alvane.

Except that Ragnar has said that Queenie is "100% Chinese" and we know Zoë isn't. But I did notice the "Amber Rose" thing.

#38 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:18

Except that Ragnar has said that Queenie is "100% Chinese" and we know Zoë isn't. But I did notice the "Amber Rose" thing.

Exactly...

...well, just like for Lady Alvane, we'll just have to wait another 17 years or so for an explanation ;)

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#39 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:27

I thought her codename was Briar Rose, as in the name of the Princess in Sleeping Beauty.  Unless it was actually Amber.  I just remember thinking, "oh, that's clever", when the Eye soldiers mentioned her name.

• Ringtail and Riaise like this

#40 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1563 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:21

There may be more answers if you click on the tea-cup more than once in the Epilogue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users