#1 xdreamer

xdreamer

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 19:35

Not sure if this has been brought up in another thread, but;

If Helena took Zoe to the Jiva labs in Mumbai immediately after putting her in a coma then the hospital room was never really real, right? Yes she was in a room, in a coma, but she wasn't in a hospital in Casablanca. Including the scenes from the original Dreamfall. So at the end of the original Dreamfall when Zoe finds Reza off putting ("That is not him") I would now guess that she said that because it wasn't real, something felt wrong, just like Wonkers and all her surroundings in the beginning of Book 5. Except the narrative went out of its way to make a point of Reza being actually brainwashed by WATI. So we're to assume Reza actually was in that room and Zoe could sense what was wrong with him. Which makes me ask another question: If Reza really was under WATI's control and Helena knew about it then why was Reza allowed in Zoe's room in the first place if one of Helena's reasons for placing Zoe there was to hide her from WATI?

Could be missing something, usually am lol. Ready for you guys to solve it for me.  :P

#2 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area

Posted 29 June 2016 - 21:32

Not sure if this has been brought up in another thread, but;

If Helena took Zoe to the Jiva labs in Mumbai immediately after putting her in a coma then the hospital room was never really real, right? Yes she was in a room, in a coma, but she wasn't in a hospital in Casablanca. Including the scenes from the original Dreamfall. So at the end of the original Dreamfall when Zoe finds Reza off putting ("That is not him") I would now guess that she said that because it wasn't real, something felt wrong, just like Wonkers and all her surroundings in the beginning of Book 5. Except the narrative went out of its way to make a point of Reza being actually brainwashed by WATI. So we're to assume Reza actually was in that room and Zoe could sense what was wrong with him. Which makes me ask another question: If Reza really was under WATI's control and Helena knew about it then why was Reza allowed in Zoe's room in the first place if one of Helena's reasons for placing Zoe there was to hide her from WATI?

Could be missing something, usually am lol. Ready for you guys to solve it for me.  :P

Helena or Gabriel said that Zoe was moved later. So, originally she was in Casablance and Reza would have visited her there. There is no evidence that Reza was ever under WATI control. We do know that Morpheus ate some of Reza's memories, specially those that related to his investigation into the Dreamer. It wouldn't have been in Helen's interest or nature to tell Reza or anyone else about Zoe projecting herself into Propast. To everyone, other that Gabriel, Zoe actually was awake in Propast. Probably all that WATI knew was that a Briar Rose was an experimental subject at the JIVA labs.

#3 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 June 2016 - 21:37

I think that "that's not him" scene is set in Casablanca Hospital. Not long after Helena took Zoe to Mombai lab.
  • Kari2 likes this

#4 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:21

I think that "that's not him" scene is set in Casablanca Hospital. Not long after Helena took Zoe to Mombai lab.

I think you mean "Not long after that Helena..."

In my previous post I said that "There is no evidence that Reza was ever under WATI control", however Helena did tell Zoe that WATI controlled Reza. Perhaps that is how the EYE was able to closed down The Hand in such a timely manner. WATI's control must not have been to extensive or Reza would never have walked out on Zoe (if you made  that Choice).

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#5 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:46

Helena put Zoe in the coma specifically so that Wati wouldn't kill her like they killed Damien and Liv. She could keep her safe in her lab in Mumbai and hope that she could go back to Arcadia and absorb Lux. That was what I understood from her dialogue in Book Five, anyway. So I assume Zoe was in the virtual hospital room all along since Dreamfall. It was based on a real hospital room in Casablanca, which Zoe dreamed herself into in Book One and which Gabriel took her to again at the end of Book Five. Now, considering that Book Five started three days after Book Four ended - Zoe probably took some time to wake up. I can theorize from this that she also took some time to wake up the first time, and dreamed a sleeping body into the hospital room for a few days. When the hospital staff noticed and Jiva heard about it, they sent Reza there to keep Zoe safe from Wati and they moved to Propast together. Zoe's journal says Reza was the first thing she saw when she woke up. That's my theory, anyway.

• thelj, Atrus and Pawlo_86 like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#6 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:37

My idea about timeline:

- Helena druged Zoe and put her in coma,
- Zoe "removed" Faith,
- Zoe in hospital in Casablanca,
- "that's not him" scene - WATI close to Zoe,
- Dreamer-Zoe in Storytime,
- Helena took Zoe to Mombai lab,
- Dreamer-Zoe escapes Storytime and awakes in hosputal in Casablanca,
- Dreamer-Zoe in Propast and Arcadia - unite with Lux,
- Zoe awakes in Mombai lab,

#7 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:39

The question I have is how was Helena able to track Zoe in Arcadia? Also, how did she come by the knowledge of the Well of Dreams?

#8 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:47

The question I have is how was Helena able to track Zoe in Arcadia? Also, how did she come by the knowledge of the Well of Dreams?

I don't think she knew about the Well of Dreams - I assume you're thinking of Lux. That's a mystery. But she didn't track Zoe in Arcadia.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#9 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:07

I don't think she knew about the Well of Dreams - I assume you're thinking of Lux. That's a mystery. But she didn't track Zoe in Arcadia.

Helena used the Well of Dreams to store dreams from Dream Net.  As much as she abhorred magical realms, only in Arcadia could they store a large number of dreams. Helena also knew when Zoe was in Arcadia versus somewhere else.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#10 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:50

Also, how did she come by the knowledge of the Well of Dreams?

Maybe it was Undreaming's influence? Dream Conspiracy seems to be orchestred and played by Undreaming.

#11 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 17:09

Maybe it was Undreaming's influence? Dream Conspiracy seems to be orchestred and played by Undreaming.

Somehow Brian and Helena knew each other and had communication between them - there seems more to it than the presence of the Undreaming.

#12 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 19:06

I think they were communicating through Eingana and the Well of Dreams. She probably just knew when Zoe was in Arcadia because she was using the Dreamer.

• Starseeker likes this

#13 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 June 2016 - 19:14

I can't remember what Helena said about the bug she placed on Zoë in Dreamfall, but could it have been monitoring Zoë's brain waves or something? Once Zoë was in Jiva's lab Helena could monitor her more easily. Perhaps the way in which she dreams changes slightly when she's in Arcadia?

• Kari2 and Starseeker like this

#14 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 19:54

I can't remember what Helena said about the bug she placed on Zoë in Dreamfall, but could it have been monitoring Zoë's brain waves or something? Once Zoë was in Jiva's lab Helena could monitor her more easily. Perhaps the way in which she dreams changes slightly when she's in Arcadia?

How Helena was able to place a bug on Zoe and the nature of the bug was never explained.

• Riaise likes this

#15 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 21:04

Well, in DFC, Helena had direct, physical access to Zoe's brain. She might have tapped into her visual cortex and just watched Zoe TV.
  • Starseeker likes this

#16 Kari2

Kari2

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 00:10

Well, in DFC, Helena had direct, physical access to Zoe's brain. She might have tapped into her visual cortex and just watched Zoe TV.

Maybe JIVA should have broadcaster  it as a morning sitcom.

• Ringtail and Starseeker like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reza, hospital room, casablanca, spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users