Photo
- - - - -

How to send the crash log?

Best Answer agirlnamedbob , 27 June 2016 - 19:17

You can either email the file to support@redthreadgames.com or post the crash file here and see if we can help you. You should be able to attach it to a post by hitting the "More Reply Options"  button in the bottom corner of the reply box and then using the file attachment feature on the page that takes you to. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nova

Nova

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 19:12

The game crashes and wants me send the crash log to developers. How am I suppose to do that? There is no 'send report' button and no contact info.

#2 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2016 - 19:17   Best Answer

You can either email the file to support@redthreadgames.com or post the crash file here and see if we can help you. You should be able to attach it to a post by hitting the "More Reply Options"  button in the bottom corner of the reply box and then using the file attachment feature on the page that takes you to. 

• Nova likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3 Nova

Nova

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 19:25

Thank you! Is it safe to post this crash log folder with files crash.dmp, error.log and output_log.txt on this public forum?

#4 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2016 - 19:31

Yeah, it's safe to post them here. There isn't any sort of private/personal information in those files. I wouldn't ask you to do anything that might compromise your privacy/security. :) 

That said, if you don't feel comfortable posting them, that's okay. I just know RTG's support email gets really swamped, so sometimes we can offer quicker solutions on here, depending on what the issue is. (And RTG's staff does check the forum.) 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#5 Nova

Nova

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 19:40

OK, then I think it is a good idea to post it here  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users