#1 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:09

http://www.gamereact...grtv/?id=172594

Its fantastic, story of Dreamfall continues :) Storytime looks great!!!

#2 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:46

Oh, but that annoying Zoë voice actor... :(

#3 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1825 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:50

bad isnt it :(

Also this is just the same footage being covered already in this thread: http://redthreadgame...gx-rezzed-2014/

#4 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:55

bad isnt it :(

Also this is just the same footage being covered already in this thread: http://redthreadgame...gx-rezzed-2014/

It isn't the same - there are changes in script and this one is little longer.

#5 Dmm

Dmm

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:53

I think her voice is great, doesn't annoy me at all.  I'm usually in the minority about such things and it is fine with me. :)

• chiccats likes this

#6 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:58

I think her voice is great, doesn't annoy me at all.  I'm usually in the minority about such things and it is fine with me. :)

Is that only a placeholder voice? Is Ellie Conrad Leigh coming back to reprise her role?... (I certainly hope so, I loved her voice work on Dreamfall, much more than the voice used in this video)

• NeilClaimer likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#7 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 30 June 2014 - 15:06

She sounds a bit condescending at times like "follow me yeah?" , or the way she tells that she can just catch her again if she falls: It's almost "brutal" at times but with the timbre and soundbody of the voice I have no problem.

I think the intonation of some sentances have to be worked on a bit (do different takes).

#8 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1825 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 30 June 2014 - 15:19

Is that only a placeholder voice?

I would think so, but we havent heard anything on the subject from RTG as of yet. I think its been said there would be announcements 'soon' but we are still waiting.

She sounds a bit condescending at times like "follow me yeah?" , or the way she tells that she can just catch her again if she falls: It's almost "brutal" at times but with the timbre and soundbody of the voice I have no problem.

I think the intonation of some sentances have to be worked on a bit (do different takes).

Dreamfall Zoe (Ellie) sounds quintessentially English, and like a girl brought up reasonably privileged(as is Zoe's character) and is thus well spoken. The new voice sounds abit like a cockney villain that skipped out on English lessons to beat kids up for their lunch money, and isnt well spoken at all.
  • toremygg, CosmicD, NeilClaimer and 1 other like this

#9 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2414 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 30 June 2014 - 15:38

The new voice sounds abit like a cockney villain that skipped out on English lessons to beat kids up for their lunch money, and isnt well spoken at all.

Crow: Zoe, you're back!

Zoe: Oh, sod off!

:D

• Jecica, WorldsReunited and CosmicD like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#10 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:05

Oh wow. This voice is very different than the one from the last video and I love it a lot more. Obviously I would want Ellie Conrad Leigh to come back, but if this is the final voice I would be fine with that. I did not like the original placeholder at all.

• Dmm likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#11 Elessar

Elessar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:42

Oh wow. This voice is very different than the one from the last video and I love it a lot more. 

It's the same voice.

#12 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:28

I'm not too phased either way.

#13 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:57

I am sure she will grow on me, but for now I am also not a fan.

#14 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6144 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:08

Is that only a placeholder voice? Is Ellie Conrad Leigh coming back to reprise her role?... (I certainly hope so, I loved her voice work on Dreamfall, much more than the voice used in this video)

Yes, that is probably just a placeholder voice; but still, I consider it practically impossible that Ellie will return to reprise her role.

After several inquiries as to why Gavin O'Connor (Kian) doesn't return, Ragnar offered an alternate explanation:

First off, we're recording all the dialogue in London and Los Angeles (and, yes, also New York) this time around — and nothing in Dublin. Which makes it hard to get Dublin-based actors into the studio, without flying them in and housing them, which costs a bunch of money and leaves us with very little flexibility about when to do the recordings. For the lead roles, we don't record everything at once: rather, we go back in the studio maybe a dozen times, and this means we really needed someone who'd be available on short notice.

So it's seemingly impossible to hire a central protagonist voice actor from Dublin because of the lack of flexibility... and Ellie now lives in Australia...

I had imagined that somehow Ellie's voiceovers could be recorded in two consecutive weeks with a bit of dedication and the pure will to make it possible on RTG's side. But now that we're episodic, now that voice recordings can not in any perceivable way be concise, Ellie is out of the picture, seriously, completely. 

I do hope, however, that RTG at least hires a voice actress somewhere close to Zoë's/Ellie's original accent. We have different looks to contend with already, a totally different voice with a totally different accent would be highly immersion breaking. How could we think of this person as Zoë Castillo if she neither looks NOR sounds the same?

That the latest trailer doesn't feature Zoë's voice is in a way reassuring in that RTG possibly still tries to find that similar sounding voice actress. But it can't be Ellie.

• Lee-m likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#15 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3544 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:22

I see ambient light magically lights up the inside of people's mouths still. How come that's so hard to get rid of? :( Not used to seeing people's wisdom teeth and uvulae all the time.

Edit: and did the Vagabond use to have Wonker's voice?

• wandrew likes this

#16 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6144 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 13:37

I see ambient light magically lights up the inside of people's mouths still. How come that's so hard to get rid of? :( Not used to seeing people's wisdom teeth and uvulae all the time.

Hey, at least there aren't any pitch black lines between teeth this time... ;)
  • toremygg likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users