• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hughmcmahon

hughmcmahon

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 19:00

I have just finished D.F.C and REALLY ENJOYED IT, At no point was it unplayable . One or two areas were very lagging but most areas played fine . The strangest thing was that the lagging areas were small undemanding graphic areas like Zoe's hospital room in book 5 .NOW ..... The reason for putting this out  is that my average frame-rate was 12 , that's from the steam overlay and fraps . Never came across a game where you could have reasonably smooth play for only 9-15 fps and don't really understand it .

Anyone got any ideas why this should be so .  I spent a fare  amount of time trying to solve a problem that did not exist .(shame on me ) .

My laptop is rather basic for gaming.

Dell xps l501x

i5  cpu 2.5 ghz

geforce gt 420m

6 gig ram

Settings  .. medium .

#2 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 19:15

When frametimes are stable, lower framerates are much more endurable. Still, 12FPS should feel quite sluggish on the controls. There, playing an adventure game makes the difference.

#3 hughmcmahon

hughmcmahon

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:56

Thanks for the reply  .........  yes i am sure your quite right , its not a shooter . On Wolfenstein New Order i get 30 on medium and need it to keep smooth and stable , but in Europolis i can RUN around twisting and turning with no sense of loss of smoothness . But then people say that area uses cpu more than gpu , and although my gpu is running at 90 + the cpu is only running at the 50% mark . 

I just think its got to be a credit to the game to be able to play such a heavily graphic based game at such low frames

I can get 15 + if if i switch ssao down to low .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users